Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; How much does it cost to rebuild the maggie with new bearings? MikeC...are you interested in selling the maggie as ...
    deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Re: Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal

How much does it cost to rebuild the maggie with new bearings?

MikeC...are you interested in selling the maggie as is with bad bearings? I wouldn't mind waiting and sending it in for a rebuild.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
    I'm treading in shark infested waters I realize, but a $3,000 head/cam kit chosen correctly will give 100rwhp. Of course, many guys don't want their cadillacs to sound like race cars either. Just trying to figure it all out.

Apologies for the assumptions. Lesson learned for ebay, don't use the same pictures in two simultaneous auctions I guess.
    Randy took the words out of my mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Take that car and a maggied car. Start at 2500 RPM and have a race ... you choose the gear.

MIKEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

It's still under warranty this one's going back to them .

Alan F is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Randy took the words out of my mouth...
    They didn't put Randy in a magazine for nothin! I have neither mod currently so I can't argue that. However, for the price of a maggie...H/C and stroker kit and it will pull at whichever RPM you choose.

Just choice I guess. Personally I'd rather go forced induction on these cars. Also forgot to mention (probably another thread) but I wonder if anyone has tried the Kenny Bell for the LS6?

MIKEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i thought about the kenne bell also they have one for the corvette.when i called kenne bell a rep there told me he wasn't sure if it would fit in the cts-v and gave me a number to a guy who does some of there installs i still haven't heard from him yet.

Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Do we have any members in Louisiana? Monroe, LA or close to be specific.
    I own a few Tattoo Studios in Louisiana, (The LaBoratory) I am supposed to meet up with him and check his car out. By the way... the Maggie that was for sale is off of another car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tickles View Post
    I own a few Tattoo Studios in Louisiana, (The LaBoratory) I am supposed to meet up with him and check his car out. By the way... the Maggie that was for sale is off of another car!
    Yeah, he's got a another maggie for sale coming up and i believe the one in this thread was traded today for a Rolex. I may have another shot at a diff maggie.

shredder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Say what! A Rolex, what a tweako....

bigbadcj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Say what! A Rolex, what a tweako....
    Sorry just got a hobby of collecting watches....sitting at around 600k if i gave em all away on the ebay tomm. So i dont know if thats a hobby or if i have a problem. If any of you guys need one definitly look me up. Have a nice sea dweller on the ebay now.

VforMe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadcj View Post
    Sorry just got a hobby of collecting watches....sitting at around 600k if i gave em all away on the ebay tomm. So i dont know if thats a hobby or if i have a problem. If any of you guys need one definitly look me up. Have a nice sea dweller on the ebay now.
    Wow I thought the "drug runnin V" was just a joke, guess not.

BTW, are you gonna disclose the fact that you've been 95 in reverse to the buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by VforMe View Post
    Wow I thought the "drug runnin V" was just a joke, guess not.

BTW, are you gonna disclose the fact that you've been 95 in reverse to the buyer?
    No its not a joke. That V was built to run. If the buyer of that flat black v wont run that car like it was built for. Then he doesnt need it. Not for going to the mall with your girlfriend. Its for making record trips to the liquor store.

The car has never in its entire life had a license plate. Just a fyi. It has legit papers and a vin. It just doesnt look right with tags.

I certainly appreciate you coming on here and squashing some of confusion/rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    I certainly appreciate you coming on here and squashing some of confusion/rumors!
    I knew the threads would come, i just got busy at the wrong time! Dont need anyone mad at me or thinking im trying to scam them. I sell alot of stuff so definitly dont need the rumors!

T.G. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I bought a used kit a while back off of ebay that was supposedly "complete". It was missing various parts - like the fuel line connector widget that comes with the kit. The guy had swapped for 60lb injectors, which meant that my tuner had to use some voltage booster other than the magnavolt. The intercooler pump was broken, one of the wiring harnesses was bad, both shaft bearings were toast and had to be replaced, I got the wrong intake gaskets, the belts were bad, there were numerous air leaks in the blower itself, which required me to order all new gaskets and orings from Magnasun, it didn't come with a crank pinning kit, and on and on. Ultimately, I still got away with only haveing 3500 in my maggie, and 1600 in the install, so I'm happy.

BTW, if you guys need a magnacharger put on, and you live anywhere near East Tennessee, you have to get Scott at InTune Motorsports in Charleston, Tennessee to do the work. He have me a price for the install, ran into all sorts of issues, got everything taken care of for me, and didn't charge me a dime over what he quoted me for the labor portion of the install.

The moral of the story is that if you buy used stuff, it's used. It's guaranteed to be missing something. You're going to have problems. Unless you really know your stuff, you'll need a reputable shop to do the install so they can get all the bugs worked out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.