another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; muffler shop h-pipe in place of stock resonator, magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers w/ the rest as stock. Car ...
    Alan F is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video

muffler shop h-pipe in place of stock resonator, magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers w/ the rest as stock. Car has K&N cold air kit and dyno tune, otherwise stock making 347rwhp.

here's the vid for anyone studying exhaust choices. This setup cost me less than half of a magnaflow catback.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-BL891mGHY"]YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V drive by w/ Magnaflow exhaust, cold air kit[/ame]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video

Nice sounds great..

Re: another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video

thanks. The vid is good for sound only. We were actually testing a video spot for the GTM we're building and weren't planning on keeping that vid, but the sound was good so we did. You can tell by how dirty the car was I wasn't prepared for a video!!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

did your mufflers come with tips? if not what did you use for tips?

will im pretty sure the tips always come separate.. AlanF Show us your exhaust tips!::!!! oh whats a "GTM"

Will I was just thinking of you. I was gonna go up to canada for the indycar race and i wondered who had a 6 lug, 18" wheel with a tire on it.... and isnt using it at the moment.

for some reason your name came to mind when a spare might be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    will im pretty sure the tips always come separate.. AlanF Show us your exhaust tips!::!!! oh whats a "GTM"
    I would show you my but I'd have to brush back the hair to make it interesting...oh, you said tips, OK, here's a pic...again, dirty. The one thing I didn't like is my muffler man ran the hangers too far down onto the nicely polished mufflers (as you can see). Don't let yours do that. I went in with eastwood coating and coated the hangers as to not have a rusty mess.

I will also attach the vid link for the GTM we are building at work. GTM=Factory Five Racing kit called the GTM Supercar. Its a procharged LSx powered 2400lb car kit of madness!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tqwFJ1avUA"]YouTube - Heatco GTM Updated[/ame]

I wanted to build a factory five car but then someone told me that the body panels you get come nearly unfinished. I can do the mechanical parts fine but i never really done body prep nor paint.

ohh and that car needs to two turbos to offset the 2400lb weight... lol

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Why the H-pipe over an X-pipe? I've always been curious as to the difference between the two on the LSx application. To me, they both equalize pressure but i'm sure there is some science behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I wanted to build a factory five car but then someone told me that the body panels you get come nearly unfinished. I can do the mechanical parts fine but i never really done body prep nor paint.

ohh and that car needs to two turbos to offset the 2400lb weight... lol
    the body panels come in a gel coat type and YES there's lot of body work to get them right. It is definitely not for the faint of heart if a show worthy finish is the goal. Guys say the stock build is straight forward but ours ended up totally custom. Luckily we have a guy here that builds race cars and was in charge of this build.

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Why the H-pipe over an X-pipe? I've always been curious as to the difference between the two on the LSx application. To me, they both equalize pressure but i'm sure there is some science behind it.
    no science from me...H-pipes have a deeper tone than X. Also, and I have nothing to back this up, my personal opinion is that the X pipe creates a colliding of exhaust flow whereas the H simply equalizes the flow pulse without the flow from each bank smashing into each other. Just my opinion. X pipes obviously work, but I choose H.

Will, i only have one extra rim with a tire on it and its currently being used as my spare tire. i would let you barrow it if this wasn't my DD at the moment..

Wow Alan thats a SICK project, that thing must have sport bike like acceleration!!! + it has a sexy body

deedubb,
    I have JUST a Magnaflow x-pipe on my car and through my research and daily driving..(hot rod magazine did a test with the magnaflow xpipe vs other setups) the X-pipe has the potential to add more HP then a H pipe because of the converging streams which are forced together to scavenge more ...However the H pipe will produce a deeper tone, more mucle car sound while the X- pipe will be more exotic and high strung.

btw.The stock resonator is a x-pipe which has some baffling around it but it does not interrupt the streams

yea wut alan said...

heres a link for all you those interested .. my bad, it was car craft... http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ion/index.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.