Cadillac Owners Forum banner

another exhaust reference for ya: Magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers video

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  shadybx7 
#1 ·
muffler shop h-pipe in place of stock resonator, magnaflow mufflers in place of stockers w/ the rest as stock. Car has K&N cold air kit and dyno tune, otherwise stock making 347rwhp.

here's the vid for anyone studying exhaust choices. This setup cost me less than half of a magnaflow catback.

#2 ·
Nice sounds great..

#3 ·
thanks. The vid is good for sound only. We were actually testing a video spot for the GTM we're building and weren't planning on keeping that vid, but the sound was good so we did. You can tell by how dirty the car was I wasn't prepared for a video!!

#5 ·
will im pretty sure the tips always come separate.. AlanF Show us your exhaust tips!:tits:!!! oh whats a "GTM" :hmm:

#7 · (Edited)
I would show you my tits but I'd have to brush back the hair to make it interesting...oh, you said tips, OK, here's a pic...again, dirty. The one thing I didn't like is my muffler man ran the hangers too far down onto the nicely polished mufflers (as you can see). Don't let yours do that. I went in with eastwood coating and coated the hangers as to not have a rusty mess.

I will also attach the vid link for the GTM we are building at work. GTM=Factory Five Racing kit called the GTM Supercar. Its a procharged LSx powered 2400lb car kit of madness!

#10 ·
the body panels come in a gel coat type and YES there's lot of body work to get them right. It is definitely not for the faint of heart if a show worthy finish is the goal. Guys say the stock build is straight forward but ours ended up totally custom. Luckily we have a guy here that builds race cars and was in charge of this build.

#9 ·
Why the H-pipe over an X-pipe? I've always been curious as to the difference between the two on the LSx application. To me, they both equalize pressure but i'm sure there is some science behind it.

#11 ·
no science from me...H-pipes have a deeper tone than X. Also, and I have nothing to back this up, my personal opinion is that the X pipe creates a colliding of exhaust flow whereas the H simply equalizes the flow pulse without the flow from each bank smashing into each other. Just my opinion. X pipes obviously work, but I choose H.

#12 ·
Will, i only have one extra rim with a tire on it and its currently being used as my spare tire. i would let you barrow it if this wasn't my DD at the moment..

Wow Alan thats a SICK project, that thing must have sport bike like acceleration!!! :drool:+ it has a sexy body

deedubb,
I have JUST a Magnaflow x-pipe on my car and through my research and daily driving..(hot rod magazine did a test with the magnaflow xpipe vs other setups) the X-pipe has the potential to add more HP then a H pipe because of the converging streams which are forced together to scavenge more ...However the H pipe will produce a deeper tone, more mucle car sound while the X- pipe will be more exotic and high strung.

btw.The stock resonator is a x-pipe which has some baffling around it but it does not interrupt the streams

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.