Last chanse! H.e. Axles $1599 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Last chanse! H.e. Axles $1599 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by BacDoc My dealer, is basically retarded. Said he can't install any after market parts under warranty. I ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Last chanse! H.e. Axles $1599

Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    My dealer, is basically retarded. Said he can't install any after market parts under warranty. I tried explaining but he has no clue. God Bless GM.
    If your dealer has a zero-tolerance for aftermarket parts no approach may work and you may need to find a different dealer. The approach I used was to go to my service writer (I make it a point to use the same one every time) and asked him what it would cost to have a certain aftermarket part installed. Once he gave me his estimate I would then ask him to confirm that the warranty on the rest of the car should be unaffected. That way, when the service writer takes it up the chain of command the dealer has to decide whether to turn down a specific revenue-generating transaction based on his interpretation of the warranty. Now this approach may not have worked had I been asking about aftermarket components that are on GM's black list, such as aftermarket tunes.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    ....the dealer has agreed to install my UUC motormounts without affecting the warranty. Thus, my recommendation is to go ask your dealer.

Did he do that install free of charge under warranty? I was going to see if I could talk my dealer into doing it with my 50 dollar deductible or whatever. Even my dealer is getting tired of replacing motor mounts on this thing, so he might agree.

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Did he do that install free of charge under warranty? I was going to see if I could talk my dealer into doing it with my 50 dollar deductible or whatever. Even my dealer is getting tired of replacing motor mounts on this thing, so he might agree.
    My orignal motor mounts have not failed and the replacement would not have been under warrantly. As I understand it, since the dealer is paid by GM for doing warranty work and GM will not fund the installation of non-oem parts it is the dealer would have to eat the cost of installing non-oem parts.

On the other hand it is conceivable that a dealer might convince his local GM rep to pay for the installation of a non-oem part in the interest of customer relations if the oem part has failed repeatedly. There have been reports where GM funded (under warranty) the use of non-oem parts when there were oem part supply problems.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    On the other hand it is conceivable that a dealer might convince his local GM rep to pay for the installation of a non-oem part in the interest of customer relations if the oem part has failed repeatedly. There have been reports where GM funded (under warranty) the use of non-oem parts when there were oem part supply problems.

That's where I'm going with this. My motor mounts have to tendency to go rather quickly, and I was wondering if I could talk him into doing these under GMPP. When your service tech at the dealer is tired of re-doing your motor mounts again and again, you know their junk. Thanks for the info, I might try this next time I'm at the dealer (hope no time soon)

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    That's where I'm going with this. My motor mounts have to tendency to go rather quickly, and I was wondering if I could talk him into doing these under GMPP. When your service tech at the dealer is tired of re-doing your motor mounts again and again, you know their junk. Thanks for the info, I might try this next time I'm at the dealer (hope no time soon)
    You can remind the service writer that the selling point of your proposal to take up the chain of command is that if GM pays for this install (of your aftermarket mounts) they will be off the hook for your motor mount replacements once and for all. In other words, by doing what you ask, GM will ultimately save money too. Good Luck.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Q View Post
    I really want a set of these bad but damn the luck Sorry about backing out on you HE but my garage door broke and I had to buy a new one then my AC went out the next day and had to repair that so I'm flat out of money. I guess I'll have to pay a few $100 extra when I'm finally ready.

Yea,life happns sometimes,when you get ready give us a call and ill tak care of you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.