Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 191 replies 46 participants last post by  ssstealth 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I know there is already a V-Day III thread with all the info and what not,but it seems like it will be too cluttered with everyone's experiences too! Show us the pics and videos!!!

#3 ·
Holy crap!!!

G
#8 ·
this is all i got from my phone, but hey, its somethin!

amazing time! pleasure to meet those of you i did.

the wreck was so horrible, i hear screaching and see a silver v doing a backflip.. was not on my to do list :( glad they all walked away

#12 · (Edited)
shit man cant believe i missed the damn cts-vr!!! fck my life!!!! and whats this about a flipping silver V???????????? wtf were you guys doing? jumping the cars?

**** hope you brake duct guys got some pointers from the Vr

#50 ·
hope you brake duct guys got some pointers from the Vr
I spent a bit of time looking at their setup in the morning before they had tires on.

Two main differences:

1. The CTS-VR turn radius is severely restricted compared to our cars.
2. All of the wheel well components are custom, and look nothing like our cars.

They had plenty of room in there for a brake duct (3"). Does not apply at all to us. Their upright shield where the duct terminated actually had provisions for a second duct that was not utilized.

Ron

#16 ·
No, but I have 4 or 5 video clips; of the VR; that I need to upload from my camcorder. That will have to wait untill I get home tomorrow...

Heres the couple pictures I got of the car:

That intake is siiick!

#15 ·
Two more vids:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BN1XjsbDnnQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BN1XjsbDnnQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dIkRSZmqw88&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dIkRSZmqw88&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

#18 ·
epic

#20 ·
Heres a few shots I got of the car...including the carbon fiber interior. The car is such a beast. What's even more amazing than the car, though, is how well Andy drives it. It's amazing how talented he is.

#21 ·
Heres a few shots I got of the car...including the carbon fiber interior. The car is such a beast. What's even more amazing than the car, though, is how well Andy drives it. It's amazing how talented he is.

Gotta love Caddi. Even their race cars have A/C :cool2:

#22 ·
All for now until we have more time to edit our stuff after the race with incredible action all day. All the photo of the run group can be found:

http://www.racedayphoto.com/

I was in the White run group -

I wish they would have an action shot of me being in front of the zr-1. Oh yeah - That car is just beautiful.

#25 ·
Here's a shot of my V. I had a great day. Thankfully I had no incidents. My rotors for OC Autosports performed flawlessly. My QA1/Ground Control/Hotchkis setup kept me planted solidly and grippy GoodYear GS-D3 inspired confidence. I let my instructor do a few laps with my car. He confirmed that my setup was top notch and solid. This was my first track event. In the beginning, it was hard trying to achieve the perfect race line. Hell, I didn't even know what an apex was. (Yeah, I said it, :)) By the second and third sessions, I started to get it. By the fourth and fifth sessions, I was nailing perfect laps consistantly and at fast speeds. In the morning, being the slower car, I allowed many to pass. In the afternoon, I passed a few and only a few were able to pass me. :highfive:

It was great putting faces to forum names too. Everyone was really nice. Finally met Luke after all these years as well. It was nice to see where my money goes! :)

#31 ·
Oh never mind, looks like the areas in the red circles here are lower. Wonder what kind of gains you could expect from something like this, custom radiators arent that expensive...

Looks like its making room for the ram-air.

so explain to me now please as i have never been on a track but i have one in september at NJMP and trying to find more between now and then...
What do you need explained?

BTW The three track days I did last year, they did a great job in the classrooms.

#38 ·
What do you need explained?

BTW The three track days I did last year, they did a great job in the classrooms.
what the apex is exactly.... i think i have an idea but what is it exactly...

and thats why i cant wait to go.. to make me a better driver and really learn what this car can do so that i can enjoy more track days!

#56 ·
what the apex is exactly.... i think i have an idea but what is it exactly...

and thats why i cant wait to go.. to make me a better driver and really learn what this car can do so that i can enjoy more track days!
You know how, when you take a turn, you start at the outside of the turn, turn in and bring the car all the way to the inside, then start going back to the outside as your back on the throtle? The apex is the inside part. They ususlly have cones or markers giving you an idea where you should start the turn, the apex, and the end of the turn. The apex is not always in the middle of a turn. It all depends on whats before and after the turn.
Hope this makes sense. :D
I'm no expert, but that's pretty close.

#27 ·
The sound coming from that thing was insane, that video really tells a tale. They said the car was 40% restricted!! Andy was so nice, answered all questions, posed for photos, signed autograpghs (people's cars) and the same with the crew. c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods. The car had it's own jacks too! They plugged in a hose, and it rose or lowered.

Even their race cars have A/C
it didn't actually, and it was so loud Andy stopped to take a break and put in two levels of ear plugs. He's doing the same thing for a Corvette club at VIR today.

#28 · (Edited)
c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods.

He won't stop talking about it either! He basically video taped me on the course all day, and I know he was itching to get on the course. I was going to let him drive after lunch, but after he went out with Andy, he said that was PLENTY for him to get his fix :thumbsup: I thought he went fast when we were in it, but I can't imagine him coming all the way off of turn 10 with it pinned on the 2nd lap! Crazy :helpless:

#30 ·
so explain to me now please as i have never been on a track but i have one in september at NJMP and trying to find more between now and then...

G
#34 ·
I also got a full speed trip through turns 3-9 on my first lap with Andy. The second lap was full speed from the bridge (before turn 10) all the way through turn 2. Andy said we hit about 160 mph. What an unreal feeling it was when he went from full throttle to full brakes in about 0.1 seconds at the end of the front straight. Unbelievable!!!!

#36 ·
I also got a full speed trip through turns 3-9 on my first lap with Andy. The second lap was full speed from the bridge (before turn 10) all the way through turn 2. Andy said we hit about 160 mph. What an unreal feeling it was when he went from full throttle to full brakes in about 0.1 seconds at the end of the front straight. Unbelievable!!!!
Cant wait to see it!!!

#39 · (Edited)
Pics removed.

#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
:eek:

#43 ·
IBTPR!!!

Damn that sucks. Glad everyone is OK. Of all the Vs that I have seen flipped (Stealth and a couple others) seems like they hold up pretty well to a major crash.

#44 ·
curious to know how it happend... posting these pics could lead to this guys insurance company and him not see a check for his car.

#45 ·
Put it on a trailor, drive 100 miles away, roll it off the side of an Interstate embankment and call Cadillac Road Side Assistance.

Im just sayin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.