Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 191 replies 46 participants last post by  ssstealth 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I know there is already a V-Day III thread with all the info and what not,but it seems like it will be too cluttered with everyone's experiences too! Show us the pics and videos!!!

#47 ·
The wreck happened. It happens on the track a lot. The mods have decided to keep the pics down. whatever the drivers decide to do, they will do.

Let's go back to how great of a guy Andy is. He's been driving those CTS-VRs almost as long as CTS-Vs have been in existence. I met him in '05 at a C&D event in Indy but couldn't get my fatass in the car for a ride. But he invited me in the trailer, talked about the V for about 10 minutes, during his break, and gave me some autographed items. Met him again at the Cadillac V2 Driving Lab event(thanks again for the invite, Dave!) last November.

It's almost cliche to talk about how nice Andy is anymore. It's a given...

#49 ·
It happened at turn 10. Turn 9 is highspeed with a straight, and a hill. Going into turn 10 is a downhill and brakes are needed. A black breaked for the turn, a sliver lost his brakes and dove to the inside touching the black one. When he went off into the gravel, he flipped like a cartwheel, the rolled a few times to a stop on his side. Very scary, I was close and saw the flipping. I put on my grey curly hair wig after that and drove like a grandma.

#52 ·
At that C&D event in Indy, they were giving ride alongs in many exotic card and real race cars. They had McLaren SLRs, Carrera GTs(rode in that with Hurley Haywood) and McLaren F1, Porsche 911 and all sorts of different race cars. The CTS-VR was by far the loudest and meanest...

#57 ·
ok thanks for clearing that up for me.. and i understand that it might not be in the exact middle because the fastest way through a turn is straight so that maybe at a different spot in every turn...

and i know we dont need rear barke ducts just wondering if anyone got shots of them and how they did them...

#59 ·
ok thanks for clearing that up for me.. and i understand that it might not be in the exact middle because the fastest way through a turn is straight so that maybe at a different spot in every turn...
Please grab "Secrets of Solo Racing,” by Henry A. Watts and the “Speed Secrets” books by Ross Bentley, and read one or both before your first HPDE. You may not "get" everything, but they are a great way to be prepared. The more you know before the HPDE day the better you will enjoy it. Both of the books have much more then you need, but at least you will have some good background when your HPDE instructors give their lessons.

Also figure out exactly what track you are on, and find a youtube video of someone taking a hot lap at that course. Watch it until you can close your eyes, and see yourself going through all the turns from memory.

Just my 2c on preparation before your first track days.

Ron

#62 ·
Apex

Well kinda...
HUH???? "On a left hand bend the apex will be as far over to the right as it’s practical and safe to go",,,???
They also say "the moment you hit the exit, you should be concentrating on the exit",,,do they mean the moment you hit the apex?

Either this is wrong, or I REALLY miss-read it :alchi:

#67 ·
speaking of fail, this thread is not delivering many pictures of V-day. Guys should be getting home from work and I expect this thread to explode over the next couple hours. Pictures of the cars all horded at the sports bar and hotel are welcome too. Oh ya, video is probably the most desired medium.

#69 ·
Is there an easier way to post pics besides upload to photo bucket and shrinking them? They are always way too big.

#71 ·
:crying: I'm still cannot I believe I missed V-Day...stuck in the pentagon all weekend and until monday night....:banghead:...duty first...but man I'm still :crying: that I missed it

#72 · (Edited)
Here's a few misc pics I've uploaded on my camera. I was hoping to take a few more, but you realize pretty quick that time flies while you're there. You're always doing something....be it class, driving, eating/drinking, riding with your instructor, rides with Andy: you name it. Not very much down time. Here we go.

#75 ·
Thanks Randy. I wish my phone took pictures that good! All but the one of my G-meter and the one of the navigation were taken with my digital camera.

I would have much more video footage if my dad wasn't so "anything electronic" illiterate. My dad was at the top of the house right by the entrance to the track from the pit with the video camera. He was there every time I was on the track but managed to find a way to not push the record button for ANY of it. How he managed that I have no idea :annoyed:

-Matt

#74 ·
These were taken using my phone. The first is the mini meet before the trip down. The second are the only two Stealth Grey Vs.

Attachments

#76 · (Edited)
Pulling into Winchester

Staged for the first Green Horn run.

The Ferrari

I parked my V next to the VR at lunch, the crew was still around, and one guy went around and compared the two, and what they did to modify the body from stock. The one big thing is the difference in height over the wheel wells in the front.

#77 ·

Enroute home

#121 ·
Hey Mike,

Nice shots. Who was holding the wheel and shifting when you took them? :thumbsup:

Here's my G-meter shot. My g's were not as high at Matt's. Did I work less or was I just smoother? :bouncy:

#82 ·
heartbeat-v--you can't share your pics from your computer hard drive. You'll need to upload them either directly to the forum or to a photo-sharing site.

#86 · (Edited)
Had a great time. Although i was very humbled at how fast thing can go wrong on the track. My Instructor was AWSOME Andre was a super guy. He and I worked on setting goals for each round and he supported me, pushed and pulled on me to reach them. I do not intend on being a race car driver and riding and talking with Mr. Pilgrim coupled with Andre was a super day to ENJOY that car at a level higher than I could experience on public roads and in the right environment. I could not reach many of the limits of the car, and this is fine as I an really amazed by the V. Sure glad I taped the front of my car. The tape was the tell tale of debris. I got a few marks on the hood - damn

I parked next to the twinT V. Wow what a project with the most unique sound on the track. It was great to meet many others.

Thanks for the event ! Thanks Andy ! Thank you Andre!

Of course actions pics will be in later this week for those who bought the race day CD. Here are some of my photos.

I got lots of complimemts on my throwback Grand Sport stripes - thanks guys ! :cool2:

View attachment 50943

View attachment 50944

View attachment 50945

View attachment 50946

View attachment 50947

View attachment 50948

#93 ·
Had a great time. Although i was very humbled at how fast thing can go wrong on the track. My Instructor was AWSOME Andre was a super guy. He and I worked on setting goals for each round and he supported me, pushed and pulled on me to reach them.

Thanks for the event ! Thanks Andy ! Thank you Andre!
Andrej was my instructor when I went to V-Day1, he is superb at his abilities, and quite brave I might add! I totally know how you feel. He wrings you out so you get the full effect. Exactly what I hoped for. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.