Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok So this might be a stupid question but how much does the VR weigh and how many HP does ...
    Cowan480 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

Ok So this might be a stupid question but how much does the VR weigh and how many HP does it have?

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Cowan480 View Post
    Ok So this might be a stupid question but how much does the VR weigh and how many HP does it have?
    A little over 3100lbs with Andy in it, and it's pushing about 520 crank HP with the restriction. Think stock Z06 power-to-weight ratio.

jas

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by jvp View Post
    ... the restriction. ...
    Didn't they have to do that 'cause it was whuppin' everything prior to that?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Didn't they have to do that 'cause it was whuppin' everything prior to that?
    They also said they had to add hundreds of pounds of weight before races at times also...

One of my teammates is building a Volvo racer, and has friends in the Volvo race team and followers. He said they are all exstatic that Andy is driving for them, since he's so good. He also said they all felt the Cadillac team was purposefully going after other teams... Whatever that meant, the VR just kicks some real ass.

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat-V View Post
    Definately alot of dead space, but it's cool that she got all of the cars in the green group. All of my videos are 15-30 sec. videos... I didn't think to leave the camcorder on for a whole lap, and get all of the cars.

My car is at 2:17 and sounds like a big puss for having headers and exhaust... It used to sound (kinda) loud to me. NOT ANY MORE!

Tao_Haus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V (2006)
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat-V View Post
    Can you pm me a copy of that video?

qqik4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Here is a pic of my car (trying to upload to see if I can do it this time instead of just inserting)

Mick

some more images: Aaahaa figured it out - Here are some random pics of Ferrari, GTO engine Bay, ZR-1, and Me before the V DAY

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

You took the tint off your headlights mick.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by cobra29svt View Post
    My instructor was great too. I am embarrased to admit that I don't remember his name. Maybe Bob (LearJet) can chime in since we had the same instructor.

My instructor was Cassidy. He was a really great instructor. The other guy he was supposed to instruct didn't show up so I basically had a 1 on 1 the entire day. He even took me out in his c5 a few times with the expert group to show me how it's done. That helped a lot. He also guided the wheel the first few times to help me get the right entrance, apex, and exit and a lot of other little things. He also said he was very impressed with my ability to heel-toe downshift very well, because he said most level 1 (green) don't know how to do that very well, let alone at all yet. At the end of the day he even gave me his email because he said he is coming to the New Jersey Motorsport Park in a month or so with a corvette club and said I should go. Highly recommended instructor for V-day IV

ccextra1976 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V raven black

Quote Originally Posted by qqik4u View Post
    Here is a pic of my car (trying to upload to see if I can do it this time instead of just inserting)

Mick

[IMG][/IMG]

we could be twins..same tires too....

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'm hearing all these favorable comments regarding instructors, and from my experience at V-Day I, I felt the same way. The people helping with the instruction were fabulous ... they provided just the right feedback and commentary when you needed it and scolded (yelled?) when you needed that, too. Without them, I'd've left there the total idiot I was when I first got there ... as it was, I left V-Day I only half an idiot and wanting to go back to work on that half some more.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

I can't say that I've ever had a bad instructor anywhere. For the most part, it seems anyone who is actually willing to be an instructor is willing to be good at it.

[quote=ccextra1976;1926765

we could be twins..same tires too....[/QUOTE]

We got great taste. There were about 3 other V's in the green group with similar setup.

Quote Originally Posted by justin311 View Post
    You took the tint off your headlights mick.
    The state inspection in VA kept on making me take them off every year. Also, in the night time I can see better now also.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I can't say that I've ever had a bad instructor anywhere. For the most part, it seems anyone who is actually willing to be an instructor is willing to be good at it.
    I think there is some info that I should provide on the instructors. I cannot say that all instructors are the best, but for the most of my limited track days I had really good ones, except for this V III day.

Let me explain. 1st run in the white group. A car in front of me (black) spun out 360 with dirt all over in turn 6 and 7 and he stayed on the road course (my instructor was furious as to why that car did not pit in), 2nd a lap in the same run another car (red) spins completly off into the dirt before turn 1 and as we pass him (my instructors starts getting even more upset and makes me pull into the pad area) I sit there for good 10 minutes and no black flag as my instructor said there should be one and this is turning into the wild wild west. Now - My instructor had 4 straight days of teaching, and was not scheduled to instruct today, he ended up volunteering since my original instructors car broke down. Combined with him not ready for another day and these mishaps on the first run - There was not much for me to say after that. I think he was having an oFF day, but I still took so much valuable info.

I will always be in debt to the valuable lessons they provide and I accept their yelling, hand slapping, pointing and giving positive feedbacks, but if you are not in the mood for US DUMB ASS drivers then don't volunteer -

OK - Glad I got that out of my system.

Overall - the DAY was absolute perfection - I can't wait for the next event.

Mick

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My instructor, Steve White, was fantastic as well. He is, as Miriam said, her mentor. I had him to myself all day as well. He tracked me down before every session and after the classes to reinforce the class discussion, to review our last ride, and to set goals for the next ride. He also grabbed me after the incident meeting to discuss what possibly went wrong and what we can learn from it. He recommended a book, Driving in Competition by Alan Johnson. He took me out in his M3 too. For some reason, I had a really difficult time finding the turn in for Turn 1 to achieve the proper apex. He didn't tell me where and it took awhile for me to figure it out. I could see the painted E on the other turns and quickly perfected them. All I heard for Turn 1 was "wrong". I felt like an idiot until I got it. Then I felt like I conquered Mt Everest. Once I got it, he wanted me to ride the perfect race line every lap, including the cool down. Then when I could do that consistantly, he wanted me to do it faster and faster.

I had a GREAT TIME doing it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.