Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I think that was MightyMouse. I wish I could watch it in slow motion....
    cobra29svt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

I think that was MightyMouse. I wish I could watch it in slow motion.

MIGHTYMOUSE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-v

thanks for the video, i know i was in there, who knows which silver one hah.

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by bneal1022 View Post
    Had a great time. Although i was very humbled at how fast thing can go wrong on the track. My Instructor was AWSOME Andre was a super guy. He and I worked on setting goals for each round and he supported me, pushed and pulled on me to reach them.

Thanks for the event ! Thanks Andy ! Thank you Andre!
    Andrej was my instructor when I went to V-Day1, he is superb at his abilities, and quite brave I might add! I totally know how you feel. He wrings you out so you get the full effect. Exactly what I hoped for.

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Damn too many black V's. I know I was one of them. I need Jack Bauer to enhance the video.

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

Tru dat !! I was very fortunate to score him as my instructor, the fact that we set goals and review before and after each round provided a goo stage and reflection of good / bad habits. I learned so much about the capabilities of the car, and as stated in class, all is applicable to everyday driving.

My wife jusy heard me watching the youtube clips and is repremanding me...and that is why she was not there.

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jnrandall View Post
    Damn too many black V's. I know I was one of them. I need Jack Bauer to enhance the video.
    My black wheels and grille made it WAY easier to identify my car; when looking through the photographers files.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Good stuff, guys. Now I'm really depressed I couldn't make it...

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by bneal1022 View Post
    Tru dat !! I was very fortunate to score him as my instructor, the fact that we set goals and review before and after each round provided a goo stage and reflection of good / bad habits. I learned so much about the capabilities of the car, and as stated in class, all is applicable to everyday driving.

My wife jusy heard me watching the youtube clips and is repremanding me...and that is why she was not there.
    I told him to treat me like a son, scold me when I'm stoopid, push me to learn fast, and let me know when I'm doin o.k. I totally appreciated it when he'd slap my hand off the shifter for leaving it rested during straightaways. He was very animated with his hands. Clamping for braking, and then shouting "reel in that cone!!" at every apex. He taught me "threshold braking", "no hand crossing over on the wheel", and how to use the apex exit under hard accelleration. Gawd i miss that guy...

GATA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hello all,

I must say that was the most fun I've had in a long time and the ride in the CTS-VR....unreal! At any rate here are a few more pictures. Hopefully they came out OK.

Ron
    Attached Images

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    I told him to treat me like a son, scold me when I'm stoopid, push me to learn fast, and let me know when I'm doin o.k. I totally appreciated it when he'd slap my hand off the shifter for leaving it rested during straightaways. He was very animated with his hands. Clamping for braking, and then shouting "reel in that cone!!" at every apex. He taught me "threshold braking", "no hand crossing over on the wheel", and how to use the apex exit under hard accelleration. Gawd i miss that guy...
    absolutely !! He literally held my wheel near the end of the straight telling me "I'll tell you when your ready to turn in to the apex.... threashold !! harder harder". He was all about the braking! 130 to 30 started braking at the 300' marker was late and i could not do it with some infront of me because others were braking earlier. This thing has as much woah as go! He always told me when to "open the wheel, roll on the throttle!" and when to BRAAAAAAAAKKKEEE. Eeeeeehh Haaaawww. He was as happy if not happier than me when I nailed the apexes and used the whole track width. He instilled confidence in when to push and humbled you when you erred.

How were others instructors?
    Thanks again all !

cobra29svt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

My instructor was great too. I am embarrased to admit that I don't remember his name. Maybe Bob (LearJet) can chime in since we had the same instructor.

heartbeat-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

sorry bout all the dead space!
    Attached Images

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

those are some good looking Tri-State area s

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.