Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by MauiV Put it on a trailor, drive 100 miles away, roll it off the side of an ...
    jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Put it on a trailor, drive 100 miles away, roll it off the side of an Interstate embankment and call Cadillac Road Side Assistance.

Im just sayin
    You're just sayin' .... break the law in so many different ways it's not funny? What do you tell the kind member of the local constabulary when he rolls up to the "accident" scene? He's going to need to make a police report about this, right? (answer: yes). Are you going to lie to him? Hmmmm... not a wise move.

Then your insurance company gets involved. Are you going to defraud them, as well? That is, of course, also highly illegal.

I'm just sayin'...

jas

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The wreck happened. It happens on the track a lot. The mods have decided to keep the pics down. whatever the drivers decide to do, they will do.

Let's go back to how great of a guy Andy is. He's been driving those CTS-VRs almost as long as CTS-Vs have been in existence. I met him in '05 at a C&D event in Indy but couldn't get my fatass in the car for a ride. But he invited me in the trailer, talked about the V for about 10 minutes, during his break, and gave me some autographed items. Met him again at the Cadillac V2 Driving Lab event(thanks again for the invite, Dave!) last November.

It's almost cliche to talk about how nice Andy is anymore. It's a given...

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It's almost cliche to talk about how nice Andy is anymore. It's a given...
    The sad thing is: he's working for the enemy now! He drives for .... FORD!

jas

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

It happened at turn 10. Turn 9 is highspeed with a straight, and a hill. Going into turn 10 is a downhill and brakes are needed. A black breaked for the turn, a sliver lost his brakes and dove to the inside touching the black one. When he went off into the gravel, he flipped like a cartwheel, the rolled a few times to a stop on his side. Very scary, I was close and saw the flipping. I put on my grey curly hair wig after that and drove like a grandma.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    hope you brake duct guys got some pointers from the Vr
    I spent a bit of time looking at their setup in the morning before they had tires on.

Two main differences:

1. The CTS-VR turn radius is severely restricted compared to our cars.
    2. All of the wheel well components are custom, and look nothing like our cars.

They had plenty of room in there for a brake duct (3"). Does not apply at all to us. Their upright shield where the duct terminated actually had provisions for a second duct that was not utilized.

Ron

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

how about the rear ducts?

At that C&D event in Indy, they were giving ride alongs in many exotic card and real race cars. They had McLaren SLRs, Carrera GTs(rode in that with Hurley Haywood) and McLaren F1, Porsche 911 and all sorts of different race cars. The CTS-VR was by far the loudest and meanest...

Quote Originally Posted by jvp View Post
    The sad thing is: he's working for the enemy now! He drives for .... FORD!

jas
    Well, Cadillac pulled out. And he's said that if Cadillac gets back in it, he wants to come back. Can't blame him for driving what he can get...

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Well, Cadillac pulled out. And he's said that if Cadillac gets back in it, he wants to come back. Can't blame him for driving what he can get...
    He's a man-whore.

But a talented one.

jas

Rear braking ducts? A street V will never need them. Not even close...

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

what the apex is exactly.... i think i have an idea but what is it exactly...

and thats why i cant wait to go.. to make me a better driver and really learn what this car can do so that i can enjoy more track days!
    You know how, when you take a turn, you start at the outside of the turn, turn in and bring the car all the way to the inside, then start going back to the outside as your back on the throtle? The apex is the inside part. They ususlly have cones or markers giving you an idea where you should start the turn, the apex, and the end of the turn. The apex is not always in the middle of a turn. It all depends on whats before and after the turn.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm no expert, but that's pretty close.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

ok thanks for clearing that up for me.. and i understand that it might not be in the exact middle because the fastest way through a turn is straight so that maybe at a different spot in every turn...

and i know we dont need rear barke ducts just wondering if anyone got shots of them and how they did them...

Did not pay any attention. I have not had any heating issues at all in the rear.

ok thanks for clearing that up for me.. and i understand that it might not be in the exact middle because the fastest way through a turn is straight so that maybe at a different spot in every turn...
    Please grab "Secrets of Solo Racing,” by Henry A. Watts and the “Speed Secrets” books by Ross Bentley, and read one or both before your first HPDE. You may not "get" everything, but they are a great way to be prepared. The more you know before the HPDE day the better you will enjoy it. Both of the books have much more then you need, but at least you will have some good background when your HPDE instructors give their lessons.

Also figure out exactly what track you are on, and find a youtube video of someone taking a hot lap at that course. Watch it until you can close your eyes, and see yourself going through all the turns from memory.

Just my 2c on preparation before your first track days.

Ron

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

i wish our engine bays were clean like that!

and i want bueller's CF guy to make me that interior! lol ( we only need 15 ppl)
    Only need 14 more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.