Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 191 replies 46 participants last post by  ssstealth 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I know there is already a V-Day III thread with all the info and what not,but it seems like it will be too cluttered with everyone's experiences too! Show us the pics and videos!!!

#88 ·
That's the Green Horns! I def saw myself go by. Thanks!

#89 ·
awsome video of the green group !! I saw my stupid blue nose - heard it too!! Thanks for posting it ! the turboV is sick. at 5 sec and 1:50 :)

#94 ·
Damn too many black V's. I know I was one of them. I need Jack Bauer to enhance the video. :)

#96 ·
My black wheels and grille made it WAY easier to identify my car; when looking through the photographers files.

#95 ·
Tru dat !! I was very fortunate to score him as my instructor, the fact that we set goals and review before and after each round provided a goo stage and reflection of good / bad habits. I learned so much about the capabilities of the car, and as stated in class, all is applicable to everyday driving. :word:

My wife jusy heard me watching the youtube clips and is repremanding me...and that is why she was not there.

#98 ·
I told him to treat me like a son, scold me when I'm stoopid, push me to learn fast, and let me know when I'm doin o.k. I totally appreciated it when he'd slap my hand off the shifter for leaving it rested during straightaways. He was very animated with his hands. Clamping for braking, and then shouting "reel in that cone!!" at every apex. He taught me "threshold braking", "no hand crossing over on the wheel", and how to use the apex exit under hard accelleration. Gawd i miss that guy... :worship:

#99 ·
Hello all,

I must say that was the most fun I've had in a long time and the ride in the CTS-VR....unreal! At any rate here are a few more pictures. Hopefully they came out OK.

Ron

Attachments

#115 ·
My instructor was Cassidy. He was a really great instructor. The other guy he was supposed to instruct didn't show up so I basically had a 1 on 1 the entire day. He even took me out in his c5 a few times with the expert group to show me how it's done. That helped a lot. He also guided the wheel the first few times to help me get the right entrance, apex, and exit and a lot of other little things. He also said he was very impressed with my ability to heel-toe downshift very well, because he said most level 1 (green) don't know how to do that very well, let alone at all yet. At the end of the day he even gave me his email because he said he is coming to the New Jersey Motorsport Park in a month or so with a corvette club and said I should go. Highly recommended instructor for V-day IV :thumbsup:

#110 ·
Definately alot of dead space, but it's cool that she got all of the cars in the green group. All of my videos are 15-30 sec. videos... I didn't think to leave the camcorder on for a whole lap, and get all of the cars.

My car is at 2:17 and sounds like a big puss for having headers and exhaust... It used to sound (kinda) loud to me. NOT ANY MORE!

#105 ·
those are some good looking Tri-State area :v:s :2thumbs:

#106 ·
Ok So this might be a stupid question but how much does the VR weigh and how many HP does it have?

#112 ·
Here is a pic of my car (trying to upload to see if I can do it this time instead of just inserting)

Mick

#116 ·
[/IMG]

we could be twins:highfive:..same tires too....

#113 ·
some more images: Aaahaa figured it out - Here are some random pics of Ferrari, GTO engine Bay, ZR-1, and Me before the V DAY

#114 ·
You took the tint off your headlights mick.

#119 ·
ccextra1976;1926765 we could be twins:highfive:..same tires too....[/QUOTE said:
We got great taste. There were about 3 other V's in the green group with similar setup.

The state inspection in VA kept on making me take them off every year. Also, in the night time I can see better now also.

I can't say that I've ever had a bad instructor anywhere. For the most part, it seems anyone who is actually willing to be an instructor is willing to be good at it.
I think there is some info that I should provide on the instructors. I cannot say that all instructors are the best, but for the most of my limited track days I had really good ones, except for this V III day.

Let me explain. 1st run in the white group. A car in front of me (black) spun out 360 with dirt all over in turn 6 and 7 and he stayed on the road course (my instructor was furious as to why that car did not pit in), 2nd a lap in the same run another car (red) spins completly off into the dirt before turn 1 and as we pass him (my instructors starts getting even more upset and makes me pull into the pad area) I sit there for good 10 minutes and no black flag as my instructor said there should be one and this is turning into the wild wild west. Now - My instructor had 4 straight days of teaching, and was not scheduled to instruct today, he ended up volunteering since my original instructors car broke down. Combined with him not ready for another day and these mishaps on the first run - There was not much for me to say after that. I think he was having an oFF day, but I still took so much valuable info.

I will always be in debt to the valuable lessons they provide and I accept their yelling, hand slapping, pointing and giving positive feedbacks, but if you are not in the mood for US DUMB ASS drivers then don't volunteer -

OK - Glad I got that out of my system.

Overall - the DAY was absolute perfection - I can't wait for the next event.

Mick

#117 ·
I'm hearing all these favorable comments regarding instructors, and from my experience at V-Day I, I felt the same way. The people helping with the instruction were fabulous ... they provided just the right feedback and commentary when you needed it and scolded (yelled?) when you needed that, too. Without them, I'd've left there the total idiot I was when I first got there ... as it was, I left V-Day I only half an idiot and wanting to go back to work on that half some more. :rolleyes:

#120 ·
My instructor, Steve White, was fantastic as well. He is, as Miriam said, her mentor. I had him to myself all day as well. He tracked me down before every session and after the classes to reinforce the class discussion, to review our last ride, and to set goals for the next ride. He also grabbed me after the incident meeting to discuss what possibly went wrong and what we can learn from it. He recommended a book, Driving in Competition by Alan Johnson. He took me out in his M3 too. For some reason, I had a really difficult time finding the turn in for Turn 1 to achieve the proper apex. :banghead: He didn't tell me where and it took awhile for me to figure it out. I could see the painted E on the other turns and quickly perfected them. All I heard for Turn 1 was "wrong". :crying: I felt like an idiot until I got it. Then I felt like I conquered Mt Everest. :D Once I got it, he wanted me to ride the perfect race line every lap, including the cool down. Then when I could do that consistantly, he wanted me to do it faster and faster.

I had a GREAT TIME doing it! :yup:

#122 ·
I was using my knees, I have one of you in action on the highway, but it cut off the back end of your car.

#124 ·
I hope you are kidding.... Hanzel and Grettle's bread crumbs!:D

#131 ·
Got around to washing the car from Monday's event yesterday.. Wow... lotta asphalt like junk stuck inside my rims and a healthy cake-ing of brake dust and dirt on the front wheels. Still glad i taped the front of the ride. Still had some odd "swipes" on the top of the hood that were not there before the event, only way to prevent would have been taping the entire hood... boo.

Still reflecting on the things I learned and what Andrej told me. I am itching (among other things) to do what he said again to see if I truly learned it. I had the MOST trouble with turns 3-4, just could not pick the correct turn entry point to hit the right apex on 3 to set the stage for 4. eecchh !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.