Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Kmajecki Did you take that video? Sorry if it is, i didn't mean to steal anyone's material ...
    pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki View Post
    Did you take that video? Sorry if it is, i didn't mean to steal anyone's material but just came across it on you tube and had to get it up here. Sounds great!
    No, but I have 4 or 5 video clips; of the VR; that I need to upload from my camcorder. That will have to wait untill I get home tomorrow...

Heres the couple pictures I got of the car:

That intake is siiick!

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Yes it is.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Yes it is.
    epic

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

what are the yellow cables hooked up to it for?

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Heres a few shots I got of the car...including the carbon fiber interior. The car is such a beast. What's even more amazing than the car, though, is how well Andy drives it. It's amazing how talented he is.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Heres a few shots I got of the car...including the carbon fiber interior. The car is such a beast. What's even more amazing than the car, though, is how well Andy drives it. It's amazing how talented he is.

Gotta love Caddi. Even their race cars have A/C

qqik4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

All for now until we have more time to edit our stuff after the race with incredible action all day. All the photo of the run group can be found:

http://www.racedayphoto.com/

I was in the White run group -

I wish they would have an action shot of me being in front of the zr-1. Oh yeah - That car is just beautiful.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i wish our engine bays were clean like that!

and i want bueller's CF guy to make me that interior! lol ( we only need 15 ppl)

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post

That intake is siiick!
    How much? lol That engine looks very similar to stock, kinda. That hood doesnt look to be too modified to accept that intake and the support brace above the radiator doesnt appear to be lower, other than the engine looking like it is set back about 7 inches further than stock, why couldnt we run this setup?

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Here's a shot of my V. I had a great day. Thankfully I had no incidents. My rotors for OC Autosports performed flawlessly. My QA1/Ground Control/Hotchkis setup kept me planted solidly and grippy GoodYear GS-D3 inspired confidence. I let my instructor do a few laps with my car. He confirmed that my setup was top notch and solid. This was my first track event. In the beginning, it was hard trying to achieve the perfect race line. Hell, I didn't even know what an apex was. (Yeah, I said it, ) By the second and third sessions, I started to get it. By the fourth and fifth sessions, I was nailing perfect laps consistantly and at fast speeds. In the morning, being the slower car, I allowed many to pass. In the afternoon, I passed a few and only a few were able to pass me.

It was great putting faces to forum names too. Everyone was really nice. Finally met Luke after all these years as well. It was nice to see where my money goes!

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Oh never mind, looks like the areas in the red circles here are lower. Wonder what kind of gains you could expect from something like this, custom radiators arent that expensive...

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

The sound coming from that thing was insane, that video really tells a tale. They said the car was 40% restricted!! Andy was so nice, answered all questions, posed for photos, signed autograpghs (people's cars) and the same with the crew. c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods. The car had it's own jacks too! They plugged in a hose, and it rose or lowered.

Even their race cars have A/C
    it didn't actually, and it was so loud Andy stopped to take a break and put in two levels of ear plugs. He's doing the same thing for a Corvette club at VIR today.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods.

He won't stop talking about it either! He basically video taped me on the course all day, and I know he was itching to get on the course. I was going to let him drive after lunch, but after he went out with Andy, he said that was PLENTY for him to get his fix I thought he went fast when we were in it, but I can't imagine him coming all the way off of turn 10 with it pinned on the 2nd lap! Crazy

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by jnrandall View Post
    .... Hell, I didn't even know what an apex was. ...
    That's the way I was at V-Day I. Got it explained and made SO-O much sense afterward both in and out of the car.

Keep the stories coming, guyz! Love it ... love it !!!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

so explain to me now please as i have never been on a track but i have one in september at NJMP and trying to find more between now and then...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.