Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by ahahnu Go to the Richard Petty Driving Experience while there. Atleast you'll be going fast. Just ride ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    Go to the Richard Petty Driving Experience while there. Atleast you'll be going fast.
    Just ride the monorail. It's a bang!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ssstealth View Post
    As for times, I picked up an average of 7 seconds over my October outing. My main goal was to listen and learn and hopefully drive the track without destroying my tires. I did accomplish this and got faster... go figure.

This is my left front after V-Day II. As you can see, it is basically destroyed. This tire was less than a week old.

This is the replacement that Goodyear was kind enough to give me, They said no tire should look like that after only being on the car for 800 miles. Anyway, this is after V-Day III.

I think the track walk was an invaluble resource for learning how to drive the track. I didn't miss having the cones at all.
    What is really wrong with it? All of mine atleast looked like this:
    front,
    rear

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Tao_Haus View Post
    ...Next time, I'm gonna put a big blue X in tape on the door & hood. Live & learn.

Definitely. I can usually use process of ellimination to find myself because I think most of the other black V's (Pat/Jesse) had headers...my car with just magnaflow is rather quiet compared to them. Time to step my game up

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Time to step my game up
    The last thing you are going to be is . You're going to be and then your dad will be to us at the next Vday!

BeastMaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Z06 was running right around 1:30 - 1:33 on the fifth run in the white group and 1:38-1:40 in the fifth run in the Green group. The fifth run was our fastest in both the Green and White group. The car ran White and Green all day long without skipping a beat, no brake fade, no fluid level issues or any other problems - but I still miss my V.

The last thing you are going to be is . You're going to be and then your dad will be to us at the next Vday!
    Mickey saying how he's going to come over after work at TTP performance and help me throw the headers on isn't helping either. Both pops and I both know I'm supposed to be saving my money right now for these damn Medical school loans. This car just makes that awfully hard

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Mickey saying how he's going to come over after work at TTP performance and help me throw the headers on isn't helping either. Both pops and I both know I'm supposed to be saving my money right now for these damn Medical school loans. This car just makes that awfully hard
    Just think about how much of a better doctor you can be with a faster/louder car.... Headers/catback is pretty much like a siren (the only thing better are whistle tips!), and once they get out of your way the extra HP will get you to the ER in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post
    Just think about how much of a better doctor you can be with a faster/louder car.... Headers/catback is pretty much like a siren (the only thing better are whistle tips!), and once they get out of your way the extra HP will get you to the ER in no time!
    Doctor, doctor! I need a root canal stat!

-Nurse were gonna need some flouride.

Doctor, doctor! I need a root canal stat!

-Nurse were gonna need some flouride.

Luckily I have awhile until I start doing all that fun stuff. Still in the bookwork part of the whole deal

But on another note I found this picture on my phone I must have taken just before the track walk. Pretty cool picture of all of us lined up at the gate as it started to sprinkle a little bit. Not the best quality, but check it out.

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Come on everyone, keep the pictures coming! I've already jacked about 30 pics between this thread and the other V-day III thread... Once people start to get their Race Day Photo CDs, we should have a bunch of good action shots of everyone.

Come on everyone, keep the pictures coming! I've already jacked about 30 pics between this thread and the other V-day III thread... Once people start to get their Race Day Photo CDs, we should have a bunch of good action shots of everyone.

Me too. With the arrival of my disk from Raceday Photo, and all the posting on here, I think it's safe to say my V-Day picture folder has quadrupled

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Here is my 1:37 lap in the 4500 pound STS-V with LearJet leading the way in the White group. The Magden data acquisition recorded max 127 mph, 6456 rpm, 10.39921 lbs boost, and a max water temp of 233.6 degrees.

[YOUTUBE]UcY8BqTB55c[/YOUTUBE]

I think if I did ONE lap of Pilgrim style braking, I could break the 1:30 mark but the pads would be toast for the day. I went back and put the watch on the lap where Andy drove my car back in October and his lap was 1:44. Of course, he had me and my Dad in the car with him so that added a few pounds ;-)

Here is a clearer shot of the Magden gauges on the nav screen. Youtube really steals a lot of the resolution from the videos.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.