Show Me V-Day III!!!! - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me V-Day III!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yeah it was funny... I just stood there biting my tongue while the guy was on the phone with Goodyear. ...
    ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Re: Show Me V-Day III!!!!

Yeah it was funny... I just stood there biting my tongue while the guy was on the phone with Goodyear. The end of the conversation that I heard went something like this... "Ma'am, I have never seen wear like this except on a full blown race car. And I know this car hasn't been raced because the other 3 tires are perfect. My customer has his alignment specs with him so this tire must have been from a bad batch or something."

The only reason he was even looking at the tires was because I could not find the DOT serial numbers for the registration.

Tao_Haus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V (2006)

Got three clips up of Green Group's Afternoon run. Sorry about shaking - Giggles did her best but had to use her left hand. (Sure wish I'd taken the time to shoot the Red Group -- with Learjet's amazing sounding car always seeming to be up front, but I mostly gawked with my jaw wide open while watching & the video cam was the furthest thing from my mind. Oh well, next time.)

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    So who won the "Lowest Average Mileage During a Session" award? I got down to 7.2mpg during the last event I attended in the PacNW earlier this year.

Any of the more experienced guys have any idea what sort of lap times they were turning? I know it's not a timed event, but I always end up timing myself off my in-car video to see where I'm picking up and losing time as I try different lines.

These are from the official timer and myself. I sat out the red groups 4th session and sat on the bleachers timing many cars.

Red group was around 1:20 to 1:35. The 'race' cars were haulin a$$ (when one of them wasn't breaking down and black flagging the sessions).

White group around 1:40 to 1:50 and occaisionally down to 1:35.

Green group was generally over 1:45.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How were you keeping track of individual cars? Did you keep notes? or just get general feel for the numbers?
    Who was the fast car in the white group ?

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

For what it's worth:

I started a "Live From..." thread in the V2 group. It can be found by clicking here. In it are a couple of in-car cam movies that I did before my diff overheated.

jas

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Yeah, 1:20s is haulin' the mail pretty good!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

soundexp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    How were you keeping track of individual cars? Did you keep notes? or just get general feel for the numbers?
    I think the fastest cars in the white group were the ZR-1 and a silver ZO6. The ZR-1 was not fast in the morning (other than the straights) but got real quick in the afternoon, as it should have. He was probably just feeling it out. These were the only cars that passed me and I ran 1:30's for most of the day with a best of 1:33 in the last session. However I wasn't in my V but instead the GT3 which is a markedly different car. I'd never run at Summit previously and thought it was a lot of fun (and fast) once you get a rythym going.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    I was timing individual cars with a stop watch and I didn't write anything down.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I love these movies.... so easy to tell which one is me! Only one of two greys out of the sea of black and silver and I have no front plate...

Tao_Haus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V (2006)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    I love these movies.... so easy to tell which one is me! Only one of two greys out of the sea of black and silver and I have no front plate...

You mean there's more than one Silver? So I wasn't turning 15 second laps? Ah man...Dammit!

Lol, I figured I'd be easy to find - no ft plate, no badges & STS rims but its hard even with stop frame. Next time, I'm gonna put a big blue X in tape on the door & hood. Live & learn.

vze4yrte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ctsv

All of this looks unbelievable i wish i went!

But i would have been in the crowds cause my brother owns the car not me lol.
    Whens the next V day? im definitely not missing the next one as i watch the videos uploaded i smile every time i hear mighty mouses car fly by

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

There is an event at VIR on Labor Day (Sept 7 & 8) that a lot of us from the "deep south" are going to. VIR is 3.27 miles long with a 3000 and a 4000 foot long starightaway.

BacDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just gave up that Labor Day event for Disney.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by ssstealth View Post
    There is an event at VIR on Labor Day (Sept 7 & 8) that a lot of us from the "deep south" are going to. VIR is 3.27 miles long with a 3000 and a 4000 foot long starightaway.

Too bad it's not the Grand East...

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    I just gave up that Labor Day event for Disney.
    Go to the Richard Petty Driving Experience while there. Atleast you'll be going fast.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.