Trying to organize corsa exhaust group buy - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Trying to organize corsa exhaust group buy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok so i meant to update this, i talked to one of the guys at corse (I had to call ...
    BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Trying to organize corsa exhaust group buy

Ok so i meant to update this, i talked to one of the guys at corse (I had to call them back they didnt call me back like promised) and they basically said no to a group buy, which is IMHO crazy, they seem to have bad customer service, maybe thunder racing can figure something out, but im done dealing with them

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Heck, I say since BB has a group buy already set up that they offered, everyone should jump in there!

Just my .019999999 cents

BigKat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just got back from vacation, count me in on the exhaust.

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm buying an exhaust, but which one should I buy? Corsa or Billy Boat? Thoughts?

I'm not Mr. Fast and Furious. I've heard the Corsa system will be very LOUD!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

If you want it now, the answer is easy - B&B. If you want to wait a *insert redicously long time here* and not affect factory warranty - Corsa.

Both are quality systems, similar price, etc. Really can't go wrong with either one.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I personally rock the BB on my cts, i think it looks nicer then the same system on the corsa......itll come down to you, after the way they treated me, i wont purchase from the corsa...

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Corsa is looking to be a little more expensive than the $899 offered I believe. Which is still a lot compared to similar Borla systems for the Z06. Any idea why our mark-up is so high? Must be due to the fact they know we are all snobs.

5CTRVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have been emailing Jim Jr at Corsa about a system since I first bought my car. I even went to their facility to see the very early prototype system that they were about to install on their V. He has kept me updated on the progress of the system. Their first several attempts had the wrong tuning and had some resonance issues at varying speeds. In his recent (yesterday and today) emails, he has shed some light on what is happening with this system.

From yesterday...

"It looks like our CTS-V system will be ready around September 15th.

I should be ready to take orders in the next week or so…

The car sounds AWESOME!!! We will just have one sound level with our 4” Pro-Series tips. The system does have an H-pipe behind the center muffler."

From today...

"This new system requires 13 new stampings for the guts inside the muffler…it is just taking longer to get the tooling made to stamp these parts. Believe me; I would love to have had this system done now and shipping!!!!

As you know, we have been working very hard to get the car quiet inside with no interior drone; which we have done. The tuning of this car is very sensitive. If the total length of the system is off, it effects the tuning and you will have some drone inside the car…We did not want to deliver a system that did not meet our and your expectations!!!

If they build a 3” system, I would be concerned about too much heat around the rear diff., this could really cook this thing. Even the Cadillac engineers warned us about this.

At WOT, the car sounds AWESOME!!! Around town, it has a nice deep note; nothing crazy…it is still a Cadillac and not a Corvette. I saw a comment from some one that said the car is very loud….Not sure how any one would know what our production system is going to sound like, no one has one yet…

The pricing has not been finalized yet…I will see what I can do to get the price nailed down for everyone. Not sure if we have all of the cost in from the vendors to get the price set.

The group purchase stuff….we have never been a big fan of. If we do it, we take this business away from our dealers who are supporting us and selling our products. I don’t think that would go over to well with them…if we are selling direct and competing with them for the same customer, I don’t think they would be to happy with us.

We are doing the best we can right now…I hope people know that. I’m sorry this has not happened as fast as everyone would have liked, but when the final system hits the street, I will be worth the wait!!!

Customers can buy direct from Corsa….We just sell at our retail price.

I think the guys are looking for big discount in a GP, and our dealers would not like to see us doing that…taking customers away from them.

I told the guy that called that I would pick up the shipping charges…but if they want more than that….a dealer should really handle this, like Thunder Racing."

I have already told Jim to put me on the order list long ago. I wanted to share this info with the forum so that people know the other side of the story.

Bill

Billy Boat is offering an exhaust system for $895 (limited time). The Corsa system lists at $1195 and Mallett's custom version is another $100-$200 on top of that. Price wise, the Billy Boat system seems the logical choice... Why Corsa? Is it worth 50% - 67% more?

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not saying I would personally wait for the Corsa, but if 1 voids your warranty and the other doesn't it could be worth more, if 1 has more better performance over the other it could be worth more, if 1 sounds better than the other it could be worth more, so the answer to your question is YES, it could be worth the extra cost. Not sure how you came up with 60% more though. $900 compared to $1200 is 33% I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    Not saying I would personally wait for the Corsa, but if 1 voids your warranty and the other doesn't it could be worth more, if 1 has more better performance over the other it could be worth more, if 1 sounds better than the other it could be worth more, so the answer to your question is YES, it could be worth the extra cost. Not sure how you came up with 60% more though. $900 compared to $1200 is 33% I think.
    What warranty will the B&B system void? More info please...

And we're both right! My lower number should have been 33% , but my upper number was based upon the Mallett version of the Corsa system for $1495 which is 67% more.

Aftermarket bigger wheels and tires to me are more of a potential warranty issue due to the stresses they place on wheel bearings, control arms, half-shafts, etc. Especially if they are not the factory offset.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    Aftermarket bigger wheels and tires to me are more of a potential warranty issue due to the stresses they place on wheel bearings, control arms, half-shafts, etc. Especially if they are not the factory offset.
    I'm with StealthV, in that aftermarket cat-back exhausts don't seem like much of an issue to me. HOWEVER, it has been mentioned how close the 3" piping gets to the differential... perhaps B&B can address the issue - or maybe they decide to go with slightly narrower piping.

Give me 3" or give me death. Need that volumetric flow rate for the supercharger....

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

StealthV,

I'm thinking the 3" inch exhaust will offset the difference in the 10" wide wheels I have on the back Just a theory.

Shane

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.