Oh No My Clutch! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Oh No My Clutch! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I smell a group buy brewing...
    deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Re: Oh No My Clutch!

I smell a group buy brewing

MO POWA! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

I have had very good results from my Ram street dual clutch, very good drivability, smooth engagement, pedal is not heavy at all, and has held up to TONS of power with no problems. I would also suggest you look into RPS line of clutches, they are very good and once again very streetable, and hold alot of power. This first hand experience advise.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

MO POWA... I read a thread a while ago about someone installing a RAM clutch that didn't fit.... you don't have the part #s of your setup do you?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    The ls7 flywheel is a cast piece,not a safe piece for high and constent rpm imo...We do not have anything but theres nothing special about the desighn and we have a flywheel thats about the same weight.
    I have an LS7 style Fidanza aluminum flywheel and was just wondering if you had anything that fit it. I bought this setup before I ever planned on having this much hp. I do like the aluminum flywheel, I just wish I wouln't have bought the LS7 style. I should have bought the LS6 style. Plates and disks are much cheaper for them.

MO POWA! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    MO POWA... I read a thread a while ago about someone installing a RAM clutch that didn't fit.... you don't have the part #s of your setup do you?
    No sorry i dont have the part numbers. However RPS makes a kit designed for the ctsv which includes a billet flywheel. I would highly recomend this clutch, we have one on a trans am making 750 hp and has worked with no problems, not even clutch smell. The clutch has taken many 4k dumps at the track with slicks, spraying out of the hole with out a single problem. Once again the drivability and pedal feel is stock like, I will be replacing my Ram with the RPS unit. Sorry just my .02

no need to apologize. Thanks for the input and the .02. 1st hand experience is exactly what most of us are looking for.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by MO POWA! View Post
    No sorry i dont have the part numbers. However RPS makes a kit designed for the ctsv which includes a billet flywheel. I would highly recomend this clutch, we have one on a trans am making 750 hp and has worked with no problems, not even clutch smell. The clutch has taken many 4k dumps at the track with slicks, spraying out of the hole with out a single problem. Once again the drivability and pedal feel is stock like, I will be replacing my Ram with the RPS unit. Sorry just my .02
    The gto crowd didnt have much luck with this clutch,keep in mind the gto and ctsv is very comparable in weight ,the f body is alot lighter and can get away with a lesser clutch.Not saying that this will not work in the ctsv,but i would never put a twin in a car,any car unless its absoloutly nesacerry.I dont think there is but maybe a very very few ctsvs that need more than our single

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    no need to apologize. Thanks for the input and the .02. 1st hand experience is exactly what most of us are looking for.
    i 100% agree.Just make sure when you look at clutch recomendations you get a comperble weight to the car your wanting one for.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

This thread is confusing the hell outta me. When I need a clutch I'm just going to call Thomas and be done with it!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv_510 View Post
    this thread is confusing the hell outta me. When i need a clutch i'm just going to call thomas and be done with it!
    Agreed!!!!

We all like to have it writeen out on here so everyone else can benefit from what is needed and stuff.

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?
    Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #?
    How much HP does your clutch hold?
    Who makes it?
    If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?

Or do I have to call you?

Please let me know Boss!

[QUOTE=lollygagger8;1918982]Agreed!!!!

We all like to have it writeen out on here so everyone else can benefit from what is needed and stuff.

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?You would need the same slave you would ned if you did the ls7 clutch,im not sure if theres a dfference.
    Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #? Some are ,depends on the one you want,25lbs billit,12 lb aluminum is a piece we have made from fidenza..16llb billit from another source.
    How much HP does your clutch hold? That is a relative answer,clutch manufactors rate the clutchs in the best case,ie light weight car,I tend to under sale and over deliver,it has been working well for us.We have several heavy gtos with over 750 rwhp with our clutchs so we should be able to harness most all the ctsvs out there..
    Who makes it? This is our on desighn sourced threw many manufactors
    If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?No

Or do I have to call you? Only if you would like to get a clutch!!lol..We are closed all next week,so if you let me know which flywheel you want we can get this out and wait for your great write up..

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

[quote=Hendrix-Engineering;1919018]
    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Agreed!!!!

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?You would need the same slave you would ned if you did the ls7 clutch,im not sure if theres a dfference.
    Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #? Some are ,depends on the one you want,25lbs billit,12 lb aluminum is a piece we have made from fidenza..16llb billit from another source.
    How much HP does your clutch hold? That is a relative answer,clutch manufactors rate the clutchs in the best case,ie light weight car,I tend to under sale and over deliver,it has been working well for us.We have several heavy gtos with over 750 rwhp with our clutchs so we should be able to harness most all the ctsvs out there..
    Who makes it? This is our on desighn sourced threw many manufactors
    If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?No

Or do I have to call you? Only if you would like to get a clutch!!lol..We are closed all next week,so if you let me know which flywheel you want we can get this out and wait for your great write up..
    I had a little trouble getting all that, so I'll be calling ya and getting your expert advice Thomas! Thank You Sir

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Agreed!!!!

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?
    You would need the same slave you would ned if you did the ls7 clutch,im not sure if theres a dfference.

Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #?
    Some are ,depends on the one you want,25lbs billit,12 lb aluminum is a piece we have made from fidenza..16llb billit from another source.

How much HP does your clutch hold?
    That is a relative answer,clutch manufactors rate the clutchs in the best case,ie light weight car,I tend to under sale and over deliver,it has been working well for us.We have several heavy gtos with over 750 rwhp with our clutchs so we should be able to harness most all the ctsvs out there..

Who makes it?
    This is our on desighn sourced threw many manufactors

If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?
    No

Or do I have to call you?
    Only if you would like to get a clutch!!lol..We are closed all next week,so if you let me know which flywheel you want we can get this out and wait for your great write up..
    hmm..

You would need the same slave you would ned if you did the ls7 clutch,im not sure if theres a dfference.
    There IS a difference. moving to LS7 parts you MUST have the LS7 slave cylinder... or you'll end up needing to get a spacer fabricated for you... So if the hendrix solution is made up of LS7 compatible parts... you had better get the LS7 slave or have a fabricator on your speed dial

(Of course I only know this from reading other clutch threads posted on this board... so if they were incorrect or if my memory is failing me... I could be wrong... but I don't think so)

This is why I posted this thread so we can learn from the guys on here that have blazed this path already.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wow, magic ink! It's readable!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.