Oh No My Clutch! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Oh No My Clutch! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by lollygagger8 It's a billet flywheel that Hendrix is talking about....not 13lbs, more like the 25lbs. He's giving ...
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: Oh No My Clutch!

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    It's a billet flywheel that Hendrix is talking about....not 13lbs, more like the 25lbs. He's giving me a clutch/p.plate to do a writeup on and he said it's of the LS7 nature (same as flywheel) <- I pay for flywheel
    I don't have parts #'s or anything yet from him, but he said the clutch is good for 800 hp. I'll call him tonight and ask about that stuff.

Does anyone have a pic of the "notch" you have to make in the bellhousing for the LS7 slave?
    We have our flywheels on the way!!It is not a ls7 style,the pp does not have a self adjuster like the ls7,its the traditional style.We have two models,the same clamp load as the ls7 and one with more clamp load.We have 3 choice of flywheels...billit around 25 lbs....billit at 16 lbs....aluminum at 12 lbs!!..pick your poison..

PISNUOFF Guest

I'd love to try a non-self adjusting one. I believe that self-adjusting mechanism is the reason they fail from hard use. When the clutch pedal is depressed and the rpms are raised, the stupid thing adjusts itself. It's especially evident on road courses when rev matching for downshifts.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    We have our flywheels on the way!!It is not a ls7 style,the pp does not have a self adjuster like the ls7,its the traditional style.We have two models,the same clamp load as the ls7 and one with more clamp load.We have 3 choice of flywheels...billit around 25 lbs....billit at 16 lbs....aluminum at 12 lbs!!..pick your poison..
    Tell me what you think is the best way to go Thomas, I trust ya.
    What all parts am i going to need ya think?

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

What was I thinking? I started this thread to find some combos that worked w/o fabrication... and now I can't make up my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    LS7 slave here, no notch.
    Thanks! That sure is good to know.... Time to search old threads... someone had to notch that bell housing to get a slave to fit... just can't remember now... must be getting old..... da#$( it

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I'd love to try a non-self adjusting one. I believe that self-adjusting mechanism is the reason they fail from hard use. When the clutch pedal is depressed and the rpms are raised, the stupid thing adjusts itself. It's especially evident on road courses when rev matching for downshifts.
    That makes sense to me.... (having never had a non-self adjusting clutch) do you have to manually adjust a traditional one then? ... boy that sounds like a noob question

We have 3 choice of flywheels...billit around 25 lbs....billit at 16 lbs....aluminum at 12 lbs!!..pick your poison..
    I get having two choices.. a billet one and a lighter aluminum one... but why have a heavier and a lighter billet wheel? Isn't lighter pretty much always better? revs quicker and frees more virtual HP cuz the motor does not have to spin all that weight? Is it noise? or ease of clutch engagement?

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I agree !

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    What was I thinking? I started this thread to find some combos that worked w/o fabrication... and now I can't make up my mind!

Thanks! That sure is good to know.... Time to search old threads... someone had to notch that bell housing to get a slave to fit... just can't remember now... must be getting old..... da#$( it

That makes sense to me.... (having never had a non-self adjusting clutch) do you have to manually adjust a traditional one then? ... boy that sounds like a noob question

I get having two choices.. a billet one and a lighter aluminum one... but why have a heavier and a lighter billet wheel? Isn't lighter pretty much always better? revs quicker and frees more virtual HP cuz the motor does not have to spin all that weight? Is it noise? or ease of clutch engagement?
    I would say the heaiver of the 3 would still be lighter than the stock unit,ill have the exact difference soon,it would be more for the daily driver,a little quicker reving but not to far from stock.The 16 lb would be a noticable difference in reving and driving style ,it would take a little adjusting of your driving style but most would say it works great.The 12 lb aluminum would be for the guy looking for knocking down his road coarse times and doesnt mind the issues with a clutch combo thats less than half the weight of stock!

Tell me what you think is the best way to go Thomas, I trust ya.
    What all parts am i going to need ya think?
    Give me a call and will get it out to you tommorow!!

Give me a call and will get it out to you tommorow!!
    So, which way should I go? What parts am I going to need?

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

And for Goodness sake Hendrix-Engineering ship them overnight! I'll be biting on Lolly's heels after I see his write-up and hear his results

.... or will have fallback plan for the stock LS7 clutch... (no cutting good price... good results by forum members)

So, which way should I go? What parts am I going to need?
    You get the new slave and ill send you the rest.CALL ME LOL!

You get the new slave and ill send you the rest.CALL ME LOL!
    Easy big fella, I will call you Thomas and send you more $$ soon

I just like to have it all on here so everyone else can benefit from what is needed and stuff.

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?
    Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #?
    How much HP does your clutch hold?
    Who makes it?
    If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?
    Details Boss!

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Have a good clutch that fits an LS7 style flywheel?

Easy big fella, I will call you Thomas and send you more $$ soon

I just like to have it all on here so everyone else can benefit from what is needed and stuff.

So do I need a stock slave, or an LS7 slave for your clutch/flywheel/p.plate?
    Is your flywheel Fidanza? <- which part #?
    How much HP does your clutch hold?
    Who makes it?
    If I get non adjusting clutch, is there anything special I have to do on install?
    Details Boss!
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Have a good clutch that fits an LS7 style flywheel?
    The ls7 flywheel is a cast piece,not a safe piece for high and constent rpm imo...We do not have anything but theres nothing special about the desighn and we have a flywheel thats about the same weight.

KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

This is rather interesting thread, I'm looking into getting my clutch done soon too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.