RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just got my email this morning. Cant wait to compare this to my HPTuners log....
  1. #1
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Just got my email this morning. Cant wait to compare this to my HPTuners log.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Slithering_Joe's Avatar
    Slithering_Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    N-NJ
    Age
    44
    Posts
    843

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom


  4. #3
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Here ya go. My IATs were 165* and probably pulling several degress of timing.

    Roshan re-tuned it after the first run as you can see, my broken IAT had screwed some things up. Still couldn't get past the old numbers.


  5. #4
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Did you guys check your run files yet? I got different numbers on mine. I think imma put those numbers in my sig

    Tom, I'm really pissed we didn't log your runs. It would have told us a lot. We should set something up to scan your tune. Looking at our numbers, it looks like the same friggin car. Your missing something.

    Side note: I got a tune from another Maggied 05 V. A few things look a little more aggressive. I'll upload it, and start loggin next couple days. See if it's a noticeable difference.

  6. #5
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Did you guys check your run files yet? I got different numbers on mine. I think imma put those numbers in my sig

    Tom, I'm really pissed we didn't log your runs. It would have told us a lot. We should set something up to scan your tune. Looking at our numbers, it looks like the same friggin car. Your missing something.

    Side note: I got a tune from another Maggied 05 V. A few things look a little more aggressive. I'll upload it, and start loggin next couple days. See if it's a noticeable difference.
    Yeah, logging my runs would have been helpful.

    I think my issue can pretty much be attributable to the IATs being so high. Besides pulling timing, my A/F is quite a bit richer than yours toward redline. Check it out, where you stay right at about 12 all the way up, my starts getting richer at about 5000 rpms and up. That's why my tq and hp start to fall off and yours stays up. Roshan also kept my tune on the safe side from the start as I was approaching 7 psi and have I no desire to blow anything up.

    EDIT: I am not seeing different numbers on the runs files...

  7. #6
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    All my runs on the run files were a bit higher,,,,you sure you didn't have them fudge my numbers? I couldn't find the torque in the run files.

    Next meet needs to be in cold weather. We'll be up near Randys numbers

  8. #7
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    All my runs on the run files were a bit higher,,,,you sure you didn't have them fudge my numbers? I couldn't find the torque in the run files.

    Next meet needs to be in cold weather. We'll be up near Randys numbers
    Are you sure you didn't change the correction factor from SAE?

    Right-click the graph and choose "Properties..." Change the Axis Selections tab to look like this:



    You can also adjust the manual scale values for the A/F graph if it doesn't show right.

  9. #8
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Yeah, logging my runs would have been helpful.

    I think my issue can pretty much be attributable to the IATs being so high. Besides pulling timing, my A/F is quite a bit richer than yours toward redline. Check it out, where you stay right at about 12 all the way up, my starts getting richer at about 5000 rpms and up. That's why my tq and hp start to fall off and yours stays up. Roshan also kept my tune on the safe side from the start as I was approaching 7 psi and have I no desire to blow anything up.

    EDIT: I am not seeing different numbers on the runs files...
    Check this out

    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ghlight=maggie

  10. #9
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    checked the IAT table, sure enough, 165*-170*, -8 to -11 degrees of timing
    8-11*

    also, looking at the 112 tune from magnuson I had saved, 176degrees only pulls 3 degrees of timing. Maybe your table is a little agressive?


    water/meth injection will be your friend... ive picked up 40rwhp by doing that..
    Many of us have conclusively shown that meth does not work well at all to gain power on PDB (positive displacement blower) setups by cooling, as the under the blower air/water IC negates the cooling affect of the meth.




    I wish I could make the smilie A LOT bigger because I am a lot more confused than that.

  11. #10
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    One thing I did when I had the 112 was replace the thermister in the iat sensor with a faster acting one. theyre available from Omega engineering. It still read high at idle and in traffic, but as soon as the air started moving it came down alot faster than with the stock sensor.
    Worth a shot especially since I have an extra sensor to mess with. I have no idea how to find the right one though.

  12. #11
    SkullV's Avatar
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Downtown Chicago
    Posts
    3,847

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Tony, looks like you have been doing your research on the tuning! You been reading the book I sent you?

  13. #12
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Worth a shot especially since I have an extra sensor to mess with. I have no idea how to find the right one though.
    Can you take some pics of the sensor. I'd like to see what it looks like w/out taking mine off. I PM'd the guy a little while ago.

    You wont gain hp with just meth, but with better IATs, you wont lose as much in this weather. I'm on a HUGE learning curve right now, so don't mind me if I say something totaly different next week

    What did the new sensor cost?

  14. #13
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Tony, looks like you have been doing your research on the tuning! You been reading the book I sent you?
    That, and going nuts on the forum.
    Having tons of fun with this, thanks.

  15. #14
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    sorry guys my computer is shot... cant get to my email to check my sheet... as soon as i get it i will post it... best was 338hp 331tq and a/f was 13 the whole way through...

    was a great time..

    and i will get the pics from my friend because he took alot and some vids...


    tony.. do you have a link for that camera mount?

  16. #15
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: RPM Dyno Day, Post up your dyno charts,,,yeah even you Tom

    Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    sorry guys my computer is shot... cant get to my email to check my sheet... as soon as i get it i will post it... best was 338hp 331tq and a/f was 13 the whole way through...

    was a great time..

    and i will get the pics from my friend because he took alot and some vids...


    tony.. do you have a link for that camera mount?
    No, but just google cruisecam

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting