Another CTS-V Motor Mount Supplier
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Another CTS-V Motor Mount Supplier in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Good day everyone, Before I start another thread about motor mounts, it's probably a good idea to introduce myself. First ...
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Another CTS-V Motor Mount Supplier

Good day everyone, Before I start another thread about motor mounts, it's probably a good idea to introduce myself. First of all my name is Max Chapin and my screen name is and will be MotorMounts. I am new to posting on a forum, but I'm not new to motor mounts. I have been manufacturing and selling solid and urethane mounts on eBay for over three years. Which is how I've come to your site, a CTS-V owner approached me through one of my eBay listings asking if we had mounts for the CTS-V, I told him that we did not, but were willing to help, that was the last we heard of him. A new mount for the V sounded interesting and since we were already building a mount for the 04-06 GTO's it didn't seem that far fetched. So, with a Google search here I am. I have been reading "motor mount" threads and posts on your site for about a month now and think I may have something to bring to the table. We have sold well over 600 sets of mounts on eBay with no failures and a 100% positive feedback score of 745. eBay may be a joke in the eyes of many and not known for high quality parts built by small independent companies, but we do build a quality mount, keep the shelves full, and ship fast. And that is not a joke. We are well known in the circles of Toyota Supras, Nissan 240sx and 300zx's and starting to get a good foothold in the GTO's.
    OK, so why am I here. I think there is room for improvement on a few different levels in the land of Cadillac motor mounts and I would like to start with the CTS-V. We can work on other models of cars shortly and I will listen with ears wide open about what other owners need, but will focus on the V first.
    What I need from someone is a stock motor mount that is still in it's original condition, not leaking or distorted in any way. You guys tell me, if the factory mounts are so lousy that accurate dimensions can't be obtained from a used mount I will go to the dealership and get a new one. Just thought I would try to include someone on the forum in the process. The mount at the dealership is probably $125, I would rather give the donor of a good used mount a free set of mounts to test and give a review on. The second item of my desire are 4 people that want to test the new mounts when they are available. These people can be voted upon by the forum or you guys can pick straws. I would like 4 people of different driving tastes for a broad spectrum test. None of the 4 guinea pigs need to worry about the strength of the mount, we have our mounts in a GTO doing 9.45 in the quarter at 151 mph. The mounts won't break, this test is mainly going to be about vibration levels. Different drivers have different levels of toleration, so lets find out how stiff, stiff needs to be, before the car is no fun to drive. Maybe 2-3 stiffness levels of mounts will be required to satisfy the scope of V owners, can do. One more thing before I put my soapbox away for the night. I will not "stick " you with a set of mounts that you bought and then decided were too stiff of too soft for your liking. Send them back for the right ones. You may be out some shipping expenses, but there is no need to try to sell set of mounts in the classified section (unless you want to) because the ones you got are stiffer than you like, send them back. Price, someone is going to want to know how much. Once we get past the testing phase, $160 a set shipped to your door. Wait a minute, we can't forget about little mister tranny mount, gonna need a donor for both the manuals and the autos (dealer says there are two trans mounts available) unless I need to buy new.
    Man, I hope this post doesn't blow-up in my face, here we go......submit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

richdash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Another CTS-V Motor Mount Supplier

interested, cant wait to follow this thread.... I'll be one of the millions who will be a guinea Pig!!! lol im sure lots will get in line for this one. I'm rather new so i wont be picked but hell ill jump if offered the chance. I have several vehicles so losing the v for a few days ifa mount fails isnt a big deal but i have been driving my V about 50-250 miles a day since i purchased it a few weeks ago and mounts are on my short list of things to upgrade.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

PM sent. I would LOVE to be a tester for these mounts! I'll pay whatever the test cost is!

Slithering_Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet

Wouldn't it be better to get the dimensions of a new factory mount with the weight of the engine on it before making a ton of them? It seems to make motor mounts takes rocket science to do correctly. Blows my mind some companies can't do this right or make one that lasts.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

I already have awesome motor mounts made by 2003RC51 here on the site, but I do need a better trans mount. The only trans offered in the 04-07 V is a T-56, no autos. There is only one mount that I know of. The 09 V has both the manual and auto but I think you should build the mounts for the 04-07 first considering the how bad the mounts are and the limited selection we have to choose from even after 5 years.

Unfortunately, I dont have any mounts to give up or I would gladly give them to you.

If you dont mind posting a few pictures of your GTO mounts, that would give us an idea of what to expect as well.

Also, as was stated by slithering joe, apparently UUC tried to make some based on the overall dimension of a stock mount and without the engine compressing the soft stock mount, theirs turned out to tall. I have never measured a new factory mount so it may have been a goof on there part just making the mold to tall or they really do compress that much, I dont know. Just a heads up though. I can give you an over all dimension of the UUC however!

Quote Originally Posted by richdash View Post
    interested, cant wait to follow this thread..
    HTML Code:
    [PHP][/PHP]
    .. I'll be one of the millions who will be a guinea Pig!!! lol im sure lots will get in line for this one. I'm rather new so i wont be picked but hell ill jump if offered the chance. I have several vehicles so losing the v for a few days ifa mount fails isnt a big deal but i have been driving my V about 50-250 miles a day since i purchased it a few weeks ago and mounts are on my short list of things to upgrade.
    Rich, I think I know what you mean in you first line, I figured this thread was going to like kicking the bee hive. Lets see how many come out.

Jayrcr3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I would love to be a guinea pig for you. My mounts are going south, and my warranty is gone! My tranny mount is gone also.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post

Also, as was stated by slithering joe, apparently UUC tried to make some based on the overall dimension of a stock mount and without the engine compressing the soft stock mount, theirs turned out to tall. I have never measured a new factory mount so it may have been a goof on there part just making the mold to tall or they really do compress that much, I dont know. Just a heads up though. I can give you an over all dimension of the UUC however!
    The stock mounts do compress. I was parked next to another LS6 Maggied V, and we noticed that my motor was sitting a bit higher than his. My MMs were farely new at the time, so I figured they just sag after a while.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

I was purchasing 2003RC51, but had to wait a couple weeks to purchase. I am in need and ready to install the motor mounts and the trans mount. I can install and feedback a.s.a.p.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

I like how many new vendors we are seeing recently...this is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    PM sent. I would LOVE to be a tester for these mounts! I'll pay whatever the test cost is!
    SkullV, I read you PM but can't reply to it because I haven't posted enough yet. Maybe a moderator can waive his magic wand and pull me from the "possible spammer" category. Until that magic wand is unsheathed we still have the phone and email. All of you guys can write these down if you like. Phone 503-316-1811, if the phone is answered and someone says "Creative Steel" you have the right place. Creative Steel is the name of our fab shop. Email, max@beartraplifter.com or kristie@beartraplifter.com. The BearTrap is a forklift attachment we built before the economy and the housing market went down the toilet. We'll be using that email until we get a motor mount site going. Just a note, Kristie checks her email better than I do.
    SkullV, All of what you mentioned in your PM is exactly what the review will need. As far as doing an install by the 19th? uhuhuhuhu....this boat won't float by then. As far as being a test subject, you're in, if you can wait a few weeks. When you say "nitrous", does that mean you'll be on the far right side of the test subject spectrum.

Before I respond to anymore posts, can someone tell me how to respond to multiple quotes in the same post.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post

Before I respond to anymore posts, can someone tell me how to respond to multiple quotes in the same post.
    You press the "+" button on each of the posts you want to quote, then hit the "quote" button on the last one.

I will send a PM to a mod to get your pms turned on.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I usually right click on the quote(s) >> Open in new tab >> then copy and paste it back into the quick reply box. There may be a quicker way to do it but this way works in a pinch

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    You press the "+" button on each of the posts you want to quote, then hit the "quote" button on the last one.
    At first i was pushing the (+) "plus" button on my number pad and was like wtf that wont work lol, now i see what your talking about

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

PMs should be on soon, MotorMounts. Thanks again for joining our insane fraternity.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.