Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

32K views 360 replies 52 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Hey guys we are well known in the gto crowd as the leaders of high end parts.We want to have the same stature in the ctsv market.We have devolped a line of axles with different size bars to cancel wheelhop,we have had great sucsess with the gto guys and would like to help the ctsv guys as well.These axles list for $1899 we are willing to sell 5 sets to help get our name out.These will be $1550 and come with a free set of our $159 high end spark plug wires!That puts the axles at $1391!These are Hendrix-Engineering axles there is nothing like them on the market.Thank you for the opertunity to service you ,as you will see our customer service is above and beyond!We do not need to wait for a total of 5 ,these axles are in stock and ready to ship when you order!Thanks!

#312 ·
Where have you been heavy? No group buy needed, just call Thomas at Hendrix Engineering and you'll have them next week.

#316 ·
I am not in a hurry to crawl back underneath this thing for awhile but I am giving thought to gathering parts for the next trek into MOD HELL.

I may replace the flywheel and that whole clutch affair also.

Right now the current big project is remodel a bathroom (#2) as I finished mine (#1) last month.

I don't even drive the doggone thing that much anymore.

When I do it is a hoot though. :thumbsup:

#323 ·
Traction obviously has alot to do with wheelhop. When I had the F1s, the wheelhop was borderline severe. With the RS-As on the rear now (I know, I know) the wheelhop is quite minimal. I am installing these axles so I can put some real rubber back on the car.

btw I was quoted $431 to have them installed. (before anyone asks, NO I am not doing it myself) I realize it is pretty steep, but is it severe rape? I have never had work done at this shop, but having gone in there and talked to them, I feel pretty comfortable with them. And I don't mind paying for labor that is on the high side.

#324 ·
Traction obviously has alot to do with wheelhop. When I had the F1s, the wheelhop was borderline severe. With the RS-As on the rear now (I know, I know) the wheelhop is quite minimal. I am installing these axles so I can put some real rubber back on the car.

btw I was quoted $431 to have them installed. (before anyone asks, NO I am not doing it myself) I realize it is pretty steep, but is it severe rape? I have never had work done at this shop, but having gone in there and talked to them, I feel pretty comfortable with them. And I don't mind paying for labor that is on the high side.
According to Alldata the flate rate allowance is 4.3 hours. Additionally, my dealer charged me about $600.00 (labor only) to replace my originals with 06/07 units. Finally, having done it myself the $431 sounds reasonable (but not cheap) especially considering that the installer assumes the risk associated with the process (e.g breaking a high torque bolt and ruining a caliper, knuckle, etc.).

#340 ·
Ok, Please don’t mistake this post for Dumping/trolling or stirring shit but I have a legit question. I have been following this thread and while yes I would love to solve the wheel hop for my car I have a huge issue with paying $1400 - $2000 On a set of axles. I have replaces quite a few axels in my vehicles over time and even on a 3000gt vr4 at all four corners which are rare axles. I have never seen axles this expensive or even close to it. On the vr4 I spent about $800 after shipping and tax for 4 axles. Unless I am missing something really big here it really seems like the V community is being shafted in a major way. I can appreciate a great quality product and a market that’s new with the potential solution to the biggest problem to plague a single car but the price being charged for these seems to be way out of line, even considering the low production numbers and R&D required for them. Like I said I'm not trying to be a dick or troll this forum but I would love an explanation for the seemingly ridiculous price for these axles. I am in shock that people weren't outraged...

#342 ·
Priced them out at partzoneonline.com for about 450 each, for stock axles (one of the cheapest places). So after shipping your probably looking at around $1000.00, no wheel hop fix. If you bought them at any dealership (excluding Lindsay) they'd be pretty close to Hendrix pricing. Here in Canada they'd be even more.
I purchased mine from Hendrix for $1800.00 shipped with race cv's to Canada.
Without race cv's your looking at 100.00 less, and shipped states side even less. So for around 600 and change you cure wheel hop and an obviously better product, I figure it's a bargain, and would be a bargain if it was more in my books.

But you can buy my used upgraded 06 stock axles off me when I'm done with them for 500 if you like:yup:
If you're on a tight budget.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.