Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by lollygagger8 Thomas, you seem like a pretty standup guy. I appreciate you not stooping to a lower ...
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Thomas, you seem like a pretty standup guy. I appreciate you not stooping to a lower level...even though I would like a hand buzzer

But the part that I just saw, and is now bugging me......

"this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with"

I was under the impression that it eliminated the hop completely. Is this not the case??
    Please shed some light on this.
    Thank you,I will try,i think it would be very risky to sell these axles claming it will Eliminate all the hop,all it would take is one costomer to have other issues and buy these axles to fix a hop and when it doesnt fix the hop, again becase he has other issues,now all of a sudden your company is ran threw the ringer at no fault of the axles.Its just alot safer to air on the side of cation.I will say i have never sold a set of my axles to a gto guy and he call back saying he still has hop NEVER.I have a few sets in the ctsvs and should be getting there feedback shortly.Thank you for giving me the chance to earn your business.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Since I'm dumb and need things clearly laid out in front of me to understand......bear with me....

You are a DSS distributor right? Because their website says they eliminate wheelhop and have one year warranty on their axles. We don't have to tighten any bolts or provide stock CV's, correct?

Maybe I was thinking of dynojet saying we had to tighten the bolts for some reason?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=464
    1000HP Level 5 Rear axles RA5264L5 / RA5265L5
    Description:The Level 5 CTS-V axles are designed to handle up to 1000HP. Using our chromoly center bars, 108mm Porsche-style CV's and bolt-on chromoly inner and outer stubs, these are a direct bolt-on that fit the stock hubs and come complete with all the necessary hardware. Not only will these axles handle the horsepower, we have used different diameter bars on each side which will eliminate wheelhop! The CTS-V is notorious for wheelhop at launch which can be extremely damaging to the drivetrain and makes getting traction very difficult. By allowing the axle bars to torsionally twist at different rates the result is traction, not wheelhop. These axles are priced as a set and have a 1-year warranty.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

From what I understood he isn't a DSS distributor, but uses DSS to manufacture the axles for him, the axles that Hendrix designed.

But I could be wrong...

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Hendrix -Engineering is technically a manufacture - he worked with DSS to make the GTO shafts that fixed their hop issue. I know this because I worked with Thomas on a completely unrelated audio project last year and he told me then he had a set up for the GTO that solved their rear end issue. At that time I was without a V (wrecked) So I never bothered to try out a set. I usually do not TOOT my own horn, but I gotta say TOOOOT:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1717990

and no one cared to answer:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1718500

The fix was available then, but fell on deaf ears.........I pointed this out again in n2o's post about the fix AND pointed YOU ALL to the DSS shop's website.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1860118

^I miss took Thomas's name and called him Roger in that thread, had him confused with another cleint from NC, they both have that good ole southern accent..lol (***sry Thomas***)

Finally someone else made contact and the rest is history......

So Dynojet, you are a DSS vendor, Hendrix uses DSS to make their own version of the same product, with a different CV. Hendrix is the guy that did ALL the work in the first place, how do you think that axle fix was discovered? Dynojet, you did come forward with the video and proof, congrats on that. Have you guys taken note of the Location of DSS and Hendrix....they are both in the same region of NC.....704 area code for DSS and 980 for Hendrix......

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Knuguy View Post
    and no one cared to answer:

Dude you had the last post in a dying thread that I'm sure everyone stop bothering to check:

So then no one has tried just the half shafts?
    Of course no one bothered to respond, because no one read it.

And maybe you had the deaf ears when you didn't respond to the post right after yours:

The GTO guys had been doing this same mod for probably over a year now. Their was a Driveshaft Shop in NC, the owner had his own 04 or 05V fitted with custom shafts and his buddy had a 10 or 11sec GTO. I am pretty sure these are the guys.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com

Guy I know with the GTO's name is Roger, his buddy owned this shop and he had a V at one time (since sold it) If you call you should be able to verify that, I remember he was selling his V on ebay under a user name drivershaftshop or the like. That was probably 18 months ago (when I wrecked my first V I was looking for a replacement and saw it on ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    those are some niiiiice axles do you happen to know if it cured his wheel hop?
    I'm not trying to start a fight or , I'm just saying.

mpunklil contacted the vendor And I'm the guy that posted the vendor since I KNEW THIS back in December (see my posts on 12/25 -12/26) when no one cared...

dynojet seems like a stand up guy, whats a couple bucks on $1500 like he said to cover his costs in card processing/shipping etc... it adds up

I'll be making some calls on monday.....
    did you ever make those calls? That was your last post in that thread.

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

This is out of hand, seriously who cares. Seems like Hendrix has a better design than Dynojetman. Same price. You choose what you want. I sure hope you guys dont argue this much about who is going to pay the tab at the bar...we sound like a bunch of friggen women. Granted im not much better w/ my previous post, but i think its over with now. You decide who you want to buy from okay? No need to drag this b/s out any further

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    This is out of hand, seriously who cares. Seems like Hendrix has a better design than Dynojetman. Same price. You choose what you want. I sure hope you guys dont argue this much about who is going to pay the tab at the bar...we sound like a bunch of friggen women. Granted im not much better w/ my previous post, but i think its over with now. You decide who you want to buy from okay? No need to drag this b/s out any further
    Ding! Now, if all these shops want to do is cry and moan about not getting business.... Im right here people... you decide when you wanna make money...

Voodoo what the hell are you talking about? http://www.fullmontymarketing.com

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Same Product? Same Location? Same warranty? Same fix? My business goes to the lowest price

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

the cheaper the better, im trying to save up for nitrous damnit lol

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Hendrix, please use some periods and proper spacing in your sentences. I'm no grammar cop, we have TBJS for that, but I get a headache trying to decode your thoughts.

Sell on.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    Hendrix, please use some periods and proper spacing in your sentences. I'm no grammar cop, we have TBJS for that, but I get a headache trying to decode your thoughts.

Sell on.
    Sorry man,as i said bear with my typing skills!!! Ill try to do better lol.How about this The next 5 orders gets FREE SHIPING !!!..THANKS FOR THE ORDERS !

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

May just be me,but I think Dyno man has left the building.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    I am done with this thread now.. I will stick with my other ones.
    Yea i'm sure he's still reading though, i mean who could pass up this drama! lol

So back to it, has anyone bought the Hendrix one yet? Dynoman sold 10 sets in a matter of days! I need someone to confirm these work too Hendrix, if you want to really hook a brudda up give me a set way cheap and i'll review, video, and photograph the hell out of it , (install and burnouts!) im sure the forum guys would appreciate it too

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

If I edited this thread and removed all off-topic crap and bickering, this thing would only be about 5 posts long.

Arguing in vendor threads isn't tolerated- period. I don't care what you think you know, who you emailed, who you talked to, or what you heard- if you aren't the vendor selling the product, keep your "guesses" to yourselves so the thread doesn't get cluttered up with hearsay that drowns out the valid info coming from the vendor.

Also keep your discussions in the appropriate vendor's threads please, and refrain from cross posting to try and incite a war between two vendors just so you can save 10 bucks on your axles- it's ridiculous. My apologies to Hendrix and Dynojetman for the behavior of some people.

First and final warning on the subject.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Okay, it appears not everyone got the message. Let me make this really simple so I don't have to delete any more posts:

Post anything in this thread that isn't a question directed at Hendrix-Engineering, feedback from personal experience with Hendrix-Engineering, or discussion of this particular product, and the post disappears. If you're not mature enough to follow those simple instructions, vacations and bans will be handed out.

I will not be a babysitter, and I certainly won't allow 5 pages of off topic accusations, sniping, name calling and hearsay in a Vendor's thread EVER again.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.