Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; very possible...
    bandit6678 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-v

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

very possible

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

The Driveshaft Shop website lists no fewer than 37 authorized distributors for their products which does not seem to include either of the vendors represented in this forum.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Either way,whatever.I bet the 2 vendors are offering an identical product,and as it seems a proven product.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

So speaking of axles, how long til' the price decrease now due to competition

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Wanna know whats funny? I got dynojetman (nathan) on this site. I was the first of this particular forum to contact DSS. Nathan simply bought a car from somebody at DSS and told me to contact Nathan about his EXPERIENCE with the axles. DSS told me to contact Hendrix Engineering to purchase them. Nathan, stop being such a whiny little douche w/ your panties in a bunch, DSS didnt even refer me to you to begin with. I did speak to the owner of Hendrix though PRIOR to getting Nathan on board with this website, and he wanted to sell me everything and the kitchen sink...my kinda guy lol. All he wants to do is make a buck like me an you, but the second Nathan notices that a DSS recommended distributor is "creeping into his territory" he gets all huffy and cry's like a baby? This isnt a monopoly Nathan, calm the hell down. Hendrix is giving us a better deal than you are Nathan, so be a business man and counter offer. If you are a middle man Nathan and cant beat Hendrix's offer due to the fact that he is a true distributor, then dont even bother. Hendrix = DSS, Dynojetman/Nathan = DSS. Wanna know what DSS originally told me? Well here it is, please keep in mind the newest reply is first, oldest last:
    Matt
    we manufacture the parts and can not discount them as it would not be fair to our distributors. here is a link to a deale that discounts parts. his name is thomas

http://hendrix-engineering.com/

If your question is complicated please call the office,we have a limited amount of time for emails. Please understand we receive about 60 emails a day,please attach all old emails so we can follow what is being discussed.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
    The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    9-5:00 Eastern standard time
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:19:39 -0700
    Subject: Re: CV Axle
    To: driveshaftshop@hotmail.com

It sounds like they really do work, unfortunately that is the cost of a new differential as well. Do you expect the price tag on these to come down at all in the future?

To: mpunklil@yahoo.com
    Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:03:46 PM
    Subject: RE: CV Axle

Matt
    they are about 1700.00 for the pair, i'm the owner of the comapany. i sold my CTS-V and had the gentelman who bought the car recently try them. here is the email i recieved from him. here is his emial if you want to ask him about it

nesluopetan@hotmail.com

put in the axles. Everything fit and went together really well. They are the right size, fitment, nothing clanks or bangs or gets in the way. I have NEVER been able to do a burn out or launch at the race track in my car because it just hops like a bitch every time I give it gas. I put them in the car, drove on them for about 15 minutes to make sure everything worked well and no weird noises.. Then I came to a stop, turned off traction control and dumped the clutch at 3000 rpm.

I went through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear boiling the tires. Spinning from side to side. I couldn't believe it. Your axles seem to do the trick. There is 1 little quick hop right at the beginning that I noticed but then it goes away and the tires just spin after that. I would say it is a 99% improvement to wheel hop on these cars over stock. I only drove it a little while but I will be going to the race track on sunday and really test it out for you. I will have cameras on inside and outside of the car and plenty of video/pics for you on monday. That will be the real test on how they react. Last year I couldn't do anything at the track because of how bad it hopped.. so this time will be the ultimate test for sure, but so far there is a HUGE improvement. As I said, I will do the real test and tune on sunday for you and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

nathan

If your question is complicated please call the office,we have a limited amount of time for emails. Please understand we receive about 60 emails a day,please attach all old emails so we can follow what is being discussed.

The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:50:12 -0700

Wow, ok. How much are they? Can I get some sort of specs on them as to what makes them different? What kind of material did you use? Do you have a video showing tests? I highly suggest advertising your product on Cadillacforums.com. There is a specific CTS-V catagory and we are dying for positive results in wheel hop to prevent differential failure. Sorry for the 20 questions
    Thanks,
    Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:10:36 AM

Hi
    the part your asking for has been discontinued, we do still have them but we have developed a new axle system that has different axle bar diameters. this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with. the site has not been updated but these are available

The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:11:27 -0600
    To: support@driveshaftshop.com
    Subject: CV Axle

Subject:CV Axle
    Realname:Matt Pierce
    Email:mpunklil@yahoo.com
    Year/Make and Model of Vehicle:2004 CTS-V
    Drive Train (what Motor and Trans):LS6, T56
    Message:For the level 2 axle\\\'s you offer for the cts-v, your website claims that the outer cv will need to be reused. How do I accomplish this? Do I send you my current axles and then you make some up? Or do you have them already and simply add on a core charge? Do you know if they happen to help the wheel hop issue or are simply a stronger axle? Thanks!

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Hendrix-Engineering.com is the site ,you have to put in the -.We are curently working on the site to add our new parts,we have a great clutch as well, but if you go to the g8 axles there the same as the ctsv just diferent links.We also offer the race cvs that reduce rotating weight 2lbs!..normaly a $200 option we will add this to the already crazy deal if you guys want it!..Only 5 at this price.
    Ours of course.Guys we make minor changes ,nothing that will make them any better or worse than the dss,We are the ones that brought the race cv to ya ,it serves as a heat sinc to keep the grease coler,that means the cv will last longer ,it lightens the axles 2 lbs of rotating weight,which is always good,and they look kool! The dss builds them for us at our specs.I will say when you buy the Hendrix-Engineering axles you will be buying straght from the company and i will be here for ya if need be.
    For those of us who already have the DSS axles, but would like to gain the benefits of the race CVs, is there any way we can also get in on a deal for a set of those?

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    Wanna know whats funny? I got dynojetman (nathan) on this site. I was the first of this particular forum to contact DSS. Nathan simply bought a car from somebody at DSS and told me to contact Nathan about his EXPERIENCE with the axles. DSS told me to contact Hendrix Engineering to purchase them. Nathan, stop being such a whiny little douche w/ your panties in a bunch, DSS didnt even refer me to you to begin with. I did speak to the owner of Hendrix though PRIOR to getting Nathan on board with this website, and he wanted to sell me everything and the kitchen sink...my kinda guy lol. All he wants to do is make a buck like me an you, but the second Nathan notices that a DSS recommended distributor is "creeping into his territory" he gets all huffy and cry's like a baby? This isnt a monopoly Nathan, calm the hell down. Hendrix is giving us a better deal than you are Nathan, so be a business man and counter offer. If you are a middle man Nathan and cant beat Hendrix's offer due to the fact that he is a true distributor, then dont even bother. Hendrix = DSS, Dynojetman/Nathan = DSS. Wanna know what DSS originally told me? Well here it is, please keep in mind the newest reply is first, oldest last:
    Matt
    we manufacture the parts and can not discount them as it would not be fair to our distributors. here is a link to a deale that discounts parts. his name is thomas

http://hendrix-engineering.com/

The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:19:39 -0700

It sounds like they really do work, unfortunately that is the cost of a new differential as well. Do you expect the price tag on these to come down at all in the future?

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:03:46 PM

Matt
    they are about 1700.00 for the pair, i'm the owner of the comapany. i sold my CTS-V and had the gentelman who bought the car recently try them. here is the email i recieved from him. here is his emial if you want to ask him about it

nesluopetan@hotmail.com

put in the axles. Everything fit and went together really well. They are the right size, fitment, nothing clanks or bangs or gets in the way. I have NEVER been able to do a burn out or launch at the race track in my car because it just hops like a bitch every time I give it gas. I put them in the car, drove on them for about 15 minutes to make sure everything worked well and no weird noises.. Then I came to a stop, turned off traction control and dumped the clutch at 3000 rpm.

I went through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear boiling the tires. Spinning from side to side. I couldn't believe it. Your axles seem to do the trick. There is 1 little quick hop right at the beginning that I noticed but then it goes away and the tires just spin after that. I would say it is a 99% improvement to wheel hop on these cars over stock. I only drove it a little while but I will be going to the race track on sunday and really test it out for you. I will have cameras on inside and outside of the car and plenty of video/pics for you on monday. That will be the real test on how they react. Last year I couldn't do anything at the track because of how bad it hopped.. so this time will be the ultimate test for sure, but so far there is a HUGE improvement. As I said, I will do the real test and tune on sunday for you and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

nathan

The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:50:12 -0700

Wow, ok. How much are they? Can I get some sort of specs on them as to what makes them different? What kind of material did you use? Do you have a video showing tests? I highly suggest advertising your product on Cadillacforums.com. There is a specific CTS-V catagory and we are dying for positive results in wheel hop to prevent differential failure. Sorry for the 20 questions
    Thanks,
    Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:10:36 AM

Hi
    the part your asking for has been discontinued, we do still have them but we have developed a new axle system that has different axle bar diameters. this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with. the site has not been updated but these are available

The Drive Shaft Shop
    1531 South Main Street
    Salisbury, NC 28144
    1-704-633-2380 phone
    1-704-633-2385 fax
    1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:11:27 -0600
    Subject: CV Axle

Subject:CV Axle
    Realname:Matt Pierce
    Email:mpunklil@yahoo.com
    Year/Make and Model of Vehicle:2004 CTS-V
    Drive Train (what Motor and Trans):LS6, T56
    Message:For the level 2 axle\\'s you offer for the cts-v, your website claims that the outer cv will need to be reused. How do I accomplish this? Do I send you my current axles and then you make some up? Or do you have them already and simply add on a core charge? Do you know if they happen to help the wheel hop issue or are simply a stronger axle? Thanks!

Thank you,im sorry this tuned out to be what it is,i would like dynjets threads deleted as this is my thread and i have not been under his threads to promote anything.thank you

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    For those of us who already have the DSS axles, but would like to gain the benefits of the race CVs, is there any way we can also get in on a deal for a set of those?
    Sorry the cvs are machined and then we build the axles,i actually do the machining.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    The Driveshaft Shop website lists no fewer than 37 authorized distributors for their products which does not seem to include either of the vendors represented in this forum.
    Darkman i am not a dealer for the dss,im my own company ,therefore i can sell my parts for whatever price i decide.As i said the driveshaft shop builds my axles and im proud to say that,as i said i do a few things different as i also said it doesnt make them perform any better maybe last a little longer.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    so I should go to LS1tech and promote them too and offer a gag gift to get people to buy them? He would like that and wouldn't care? I just figured we both stick to our own places so we are both happy.. I haven't advertised on LS1tech for that exact reason..
    Ya do that, and offer hand buzzers...I love those things.
    We're all trying to benefit from this, just as you are. Don't be like that man.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Let me add this now,credit card is in hand.Seems like both vendors are saying axles can ship tomorrow,no GP waiting.I need extra wooing or one of you guys just baffle me with some bullshit.
    So there's no more waiting then? Nice!!!

EDIT:
    The part that I just saw, and is now bugging me.......

this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with.

I was under the impression that it eliminated the hop completly. Is this not the case??

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

I am sooo glad I dont sell these.....so many negative waves
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Quote Originally Posted by VforMe View Post
    I'm not gonna polute this guy's thread with anymore off topic stuff, but I will tell you that he is on LS1 tech and I think he came over here because one of the many guys who goes back and forth between here and there told him that this was happening over here and given the fact that he's done it for the GTO guys he thought he could do some business here with us. This is the risk you take when you are selling stuff for someone else and you don't have an exclusive contract with them. Your problem is with DSS or the owner of this site, not Hendrix. You coming into his thread and posting this BS is to me worse than trying to undercut someone on price. And with that I think one of the mods should delete this post and all others that don't pertain to Hendrix selling axles.
    I tend to agree,this will be the only coment i make towards dyno man.Fact is I brought these axles about Period,Your actually sellin something Hendrix-Engineeing brought to market.I also had the maggie put on the car you bought also anyway.I was ASKED to come to this forum as many told me it was the place to be ,i agree,its unfourtunte that you chose this path.As you will see i will not only have axles for the guys here i will have clutches ,stainless brake lines,maggies,throttle body upgrades ,wires ,a rear conversion but not only that i will be here to help when i dont make a dime,as i have in the gto comunity, i even rent the track and have my own race for the gto guys every year,its the biggest gto race of the year.Im still open to the idea of you selling OUR parts ,if you calm down and think about it ,give me a call and will go from there.By the way i did not UNDERCUT you if you noticed im sellinf for $1550 not $1530...I give away stuff to help spread the word about Hendrix-Engineering.I will also be giving away a few clutches on this site when the time is right ,hope thats ok

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Ya do that, and offer hand buzzers...I love those things.

So there's no more waiting then? Nice!!!
    There is no waiting from Hendrix-Engineering it is not a group buy.It is a promotion.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

There is no waiting from Hendrix-Engineering it is not a group buy.It is a promotion.
    Thomas, you seem like a pretty standup guy. I appreciate you not stooping to a lower level...even though I would like a hand buzzer

But the part that I just saw, and is now bugging me......

"this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with"

I was under the impression that it eliminated the hop completely. Is this not the case??
    Please shed some light on this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.