Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

32K views 360 replies 52 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Hey guys we are well known in the gto crowd as the leaders of high end parts.We want to have the same stature in the ctsv market.We have devolped a line of axles with different size bars to cancel wheelhop,we have had great sucsess with the gto guys and would like to help the ctsv guys as well.These axles list for $1899 we are willing to sell 5 sets to help get our name out.These will be $1550 and come with a free set of our $159 high end spark plug wires!That puts the axles at $1391!These are Hendrix-Engineering axles there is nothing like them on the market.Thank you for the opertunity to service you ,as you will see our customer service is above and beyond!We do not need to wait for a total of 5 ,these axles are in stock and ready to ship when you order!Thanks!

#44 ·
all i can tell you is that this whole concept is still very young to the V community. It appears that the axles from DSS that Dynojett have been "proven" to work. I have yet to see any proof from hendrix. not saying they are any better or worse, but from what everyone who has used dynojetman's axles from DSS has said this is the cure to wheel hop and maybe even the weak diff. SO... in conclusion if i were you I would either buy dynojett's axles or wait and see some of the results from hendrix so you know what you are buying and not just taking some guy's word for it.

#55 ·
Darkman i am not a dealer for the dss,im my own company ,therefore i can sell my parts for whatever price i decide.As i said the driveshaft shop builds my axles and im proud to say that,as i said i do a few things different as i also said it doesnt make them perform any better maybe last a little longer.

#50 ·
So speaking of axles, how long til' the price decrease now due to competition :D

#51 ·
Wanna know whats funny? I got dynojetman (nathan) on this site. I was the first of this particular forum to contact DSS. Nathan simply bought a car from somebody at DSS and told me to contact Nathan about his EXPERIENCE with the axles. DSS told me to contact Hendrix Engineering to purchase them. Nathan, stop being such a whiny little douche w/ your panties in a bunch, DSS didnt even refer me to you to begin with. I did speak to the owner of Hendrix though PRIOR to getting Nathan on board with this website, and he wanted to sell me everything and the kitchen sink...my kinda guy lol. All he wants to do is make a buck like me an you, but the second Nathan notices that a DSS recommended distributor is "creeping into his territory" he gets all huffy and cry's like a baby? This isnt a monopoly Nathan, calm the hell down. Hendrix is giving us a better deal than you are Nathan, so be a business man and counter offer. If you are a middle man Nathan and cant beat Hendrix's offer due to the fact that he is a true distributor, then dont even bother. Hendrix = DSS, Dynojetman/Nathan = DSS. Wanna know what DSS originally told me? Well here it is, please keep in mind the newest reply is first, oldest last:
Matt
we manufacture the parts and can not discount them as it would not be fair to our distributors. here is a link to a deale that discounts parts. his name is thomas

http://hendrix-engineering.com/

If your question is complicated please call the office,we have a limited amount of time for emails. Please understand we receive about 60 emails a day,please attach all old emails so we can follow what is being discussed.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
9-5:00 Eastern standard time
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:19:39 -0700
Subject: Re: CV Axle
To: driveshaftshop@hotmail.com

It sounds like they really do work, unfortunately that is the cost of a new differential as well. Do you expect the price tag on these to come down at all in the future?

To: mpunklil@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:03:46 PM
Subject: RE: CV Axle

Matt
they are about 1700.00 for the pair, i'm the owner of the comapany. i sold my CTS-V and had the gentelman who bought the car recently try them. here is the email i recieved from him. here is his emial if you want to ask him about it

nesluopetan@hotmail.com

put in the axles. Everything fit and went together really well. They are the right size, fitment, nothing clanks or bangs or gets in the way. I have NEVER been able to do a burn out or launch at the race track in my car because it just hops like a bitch every time I give it gas. I put them in the car, drove on them for about 15 minutes to make sure everything worked well and no weird noises.. Then I came to a stop, turned off traction control and dumped the clutch at 3000 rpm.

I went through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear boiling the tires. Spinning from side to side. I couldn't believe it. Your axles seem to do the trick. There is 1 little quick hop right at the beginning that I noticed but then it goes away and the tires just spin after that. I would say it is a 99% improvement to wheel hop on these cars over stock. I only drove it a little while but I will be going to the race track on sunday and really test it out for you. I will have cameras on inside and outside of the car and plenty of video/pics for you on monday. That will be the real test on how they react. Last year I couldn't do anything at the track because of how bad it hopped.. so this time will be the ultimate test for sure, but so far there is a HUGE improvement. As I said, I will do the real test and tune on sunday for you and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

nathan

If your question is complicated please call the office,we have a limited amount of time for emails. Please understand we receive about 60 emails a day,please attach all old emails so we can follow what is being discussed.

The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:50:12 -0700

Wow, ok. How much are they? Can I get some sort of specs on them as to what makes them different? What kind of material did you use? Do you have a video showing tests? I highly suggest advertising your product on Cadillacforums.com. There is a specific CTS-V catagory and we are dying for positive results in wheel hop to prevent differential failure. Sorry for the 20 questions :)
Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:10:36 AM

Hi
the part your asking for has been discontinued, we do still have them but we have developed a new axle system that has different axle bar diameters. this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with. the site has not been updated but these are available

The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:11:27 -0600
To: support@driveshaftshop.com
Subject: CV Axle

Subject:CV Axle
Realname:Matt Pierce
Email:mpunklil@yahoo.com
Year/Make and Model of Vehicle:2004 CTS-V
Drive Train (what Motor and Trans):LS6, T56
Message:For the level 2 axle\\\'s you offer for the cts-v, your website claims that the outer cv will need to be reused. How do I accomplish this? Do I send you my current axles and then you make some up? Or do you have them already and simply add on a core charge? Do you know if they happen to help the wheel hop issue or are simply a stronger axle? Thanks!

#53 ·
Wanna know whats funny? I got dynojetman (nathan) on this site. I was the first of this particular forum to contact DSS. Nathan simply bought a car from somebody at DSS and told me to contact Nathan about his EXPERIENCE with the axles. DSS told me to contact Hendrix Engineering to purchase them. Nathan, stop being such a whiny little douche w/ your panties in a bunch, DSS didnt even refer me to you to begin with. I did speak to the owner of Hendrix though PRIOR to getting Nathan on board with this website, and he wanted to sell me everything and the kitchen sink...my kinda guy lol. All he wants to do is make a buck like me an you, but the second Nathan notices that a DSS recommended distributor is "creeping into his territory" he gets all huffy and cry's like a baby? This isnt a monopoly Nathan, calm the hell down. Hendrix is giving us a better deal than you are Nathan, so be a business man and counter offer. If you are a middle man Nathan and cant beat Hendrix's offer due to the fact that he is a true distributor, then dont even bother. Hendrix = DSS, Dynojetman/Nathan = DSS. Wanna know what DSS originally told me? Well here it is, please keep in mind the newest reply is first, oldest last:
Matt
we manufacture the parts and can not discount them as it would not be fair to our distributors. here is a link to a deale that discounts parts. his name is thomas

http://hendrix-engineering.com/

The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:19:39 -0700

It sounds like they really do work, unfortunately that is the cost of a new differential as well. Do you expect the price tag on these to come down at all in the future?

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:03:46 PM

Matt
they are about 1700.00 for the pair, i'm the owner of the comapany. i sold my CTS-V and had the gentelman who bought the car recently try them. here is the email i recieved from him. here is his emial if you want to ask him about it

nesluopetan@hotmail.com

put in the axles. Everything fit and went together really well. They are the right size, fitment, nothing clanks or bangs or gets in the way. I have NEVER been able to do a burn out or launch at the race track in my car because it just hops like a bitch every time I give it gas. I put them in the car, drove on them for about 15 minutes to make sure everything worked well and no weird noises.. Then I came to a stop, turned off traction control and dumped the clutch at 3000 rpm.

I went through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear boiling the tires. Spinning from side to side. I couldn't believe it. Your axles seem to do the trick. There is 1 little quick hop right at the beginning that I noticed but then it goes away and the tires just spin after that. I would say it is a 99% improvement to wheel hop on these cars over stock. I only drove it a little while but I will be going to the race track on sunday and really test it out for you. I will have cameras on inside and outside of the car and plenty of video/pics for you on monday. That will be the real test on how they react. Last year I couldn't do anything at the track because of how bad it hopped.. so this time will be the ultimate test for sure, but so far there is a HUGE improvement. As I said, I will do the real test and tune on sunday for you and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

nathan

The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:50:12 -0700

Wow, ok. How much are they? Can I get some sort of specs on them as to what makes them different? What kind of material did you use? Do you have a video showing tests? I highly suggest advertising your product on Cadillacforums.com. There is a specific CTS-V catagory and we are dying for positive results in wheel hop to prevent differential failure. Sorry for the 20 questions :)
Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:10:36 AM

Hi
the part your asking for has been discontinued, we do still have them but we have developed a new axle system that has different axle bar diameters. this system lets on axle wrap up more than the other letting the tires spin greatly reducing the wheel hop these cars are plagued with. the site has not been updated but these are available

The Drive Shaft Shop
1531 South Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
1-704-633-2380 phone
1-704-633-2385 fax
1-800-564-2244 orders

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:11:27 -0600
Subject: CV Axle

Subject:CV Axle
Realname:Matt Pierce
Email:mpunklil@yahoo.com
Year/Make and Model of Vehicle:2004 CTS-V
Drive Train (what Motor and Trans):LS6, T56
Message:For the level 2 axle\\'s you offer for the cts-v, your website claims that the outer cv will need to be reused. How do I accomplish this? Do I send you my current axles and then you make some up? Or do you have them already and simply add on a core charge? Do you know if they happen to help the wheel hop issue or are simply a stronger axle? Thanks!

Thank you,im sorry this tuned out to be what it is,i would like dynjets threads deleted as this is my thread and i have not been under his threads to promote anything.thank you

#62 ·
Since I'm dumb and need things clearly laid out in front of me to understand......bear with me....

You are a DSS distributor right? Because their website says they eliminate wheelhop and have one year warranty on their axles. We don't have to tighten any bolts or provide stock CV's, correct?

Maybe I was thinking of dynojet saying we had to tighten the bolts for some reason?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=464
1000HP Level 5 Rear axles RA5264L5 / RA5265L5
Description:The Level 5 CTS-V axles are designed to handle up to 1000HP. Using our chromoly center bars, 108mm Porsche-style CV's and bolt-on chromoly inner and outer stubs, these are a direct bolt-on that fit the stock hubs and come complete with all the necessary hardware. Not only will these axles handle the horsepower, we have used different diameter bars on each side which will eliminate wheelhop! The CTS-V is notorious for wheelhop at launch which can be extremely damaging to the drivetrain and makes getting traction very difficult. By allowing the axle bars to torsionally twist at different rates the result is traction, not wheelhop. These axles are priced as a set and have a 1-year warranty.

#63 ·
From what I understood he isn't a DSS distributor, but uses DSS to manufacture the axles for him, the axles that Hendrix designed.

But I could be wrong...

#64 · (Edited)
Hendrix -Engineering is technically a manufacture - he worked with DSS to make the GTO shafts that fixed their hop issue. I know this because I worked with Thomas on a completely unrelated audio project last year and he told me then he had a set up for the GTO that solved their rear end issue. At that time I was without a V (wrecked) So I never bothered to try out a set. I usually do not TOOT my own horn, but I gotta say TOOOOT:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...heap-bulletproof-bolt-rear-3.html#post1717990

and no one cared to answer:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...heap-bulletproof-bolt-rear-3.html#post1718500

The fix was available then, but fell on deaf ears.........I pointed this out again in n2o's post about the fix AND pointed YOU ALL to the DSS shop's website.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-fix-wheelhop-custom-axles-5.html#post1860118

^I miss took Thomas's name and called him Roger in that thread, had him confused with another cleint from NC, they both have that good ole southern accent..lol (***sry Thomas***)

Finally someone else made contact and the rest is history......

So Dynojet, you are a DSS vendor, Hendrix uses DSS to make their own version of the same product, with a different CV. Hendrix is the guy that did ALL the work in the first place, how do you think that axle fix was discovered? Dynojet, you did come forward with the video and proof, congrats on that. Have you guys taken note of the Location of DSS and Hendrix....they are both in the same region of NC.....704 area code for DSS and 980 for Hendrix......

#65 ·
and no one cared to answer:

Dude you had the last post in a dying thread that I'm sure everyone stop bothering to check:

So then no one has tried just the half shafts?
Of course no one bothered to respond, because no one read it.

And maybe you had the deaf ears when you didn't respond to the post right after yours:

The GTO guys had been doing this same mod for probably over a year now. Their was a Driveshaft Shop in NC, the owner had his own 04 or 05V fitted with custom shafts and his buddy had a 10 or 11sec GTO. I am pretty sure these are the guys.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com

Guy I know with the GTO's name is Roger, his buddy owned this shop and he had a V at one time (since sold it) If you call you should be able to verify that, I remember he was selling his V on ebay under a user name drivershaftshop or the like. That was probably 18 months ago (when I wrecked my first V I was looking for a replacement and saw it on ebay)
those are some niiiiice axles :drool: do you happen to know if it cured his wheel hop?
I'm not trying to start a fight or :stirpot:, I'm just saying.

mpunklil contacted the vendor And I'm the guy that posted the vendor since I KNEW THIS back in December (see my posts on 12/25 -12/26) when no one cared...

dynojet seems like a stand up guy, whats a couple bucks on $1500 like he said to cover his costs in card processing/shipping etc... it adds up

I'll be making some calls on monday.....
did you ever make those calls? That was your last post in that thread.

#66 ·
This is out of hand, seriously who cares. Seems like Hendrix has a better design than Dynojetman. Same price. You choose what you want. I sure hope you guys dont argue this much about who is going to pay the tab at the bar...we sound like a bunch of friggen women. Granted im not much better w/ my previous post, but i think its over with now. You decide who you want to buy from okay? No need to drag this b/s out any further

#68 ·
Same Product? Same Location? Same warranty? Same fix? My business goes to the lowest price :cheers:

#69 ·
the cheaper the better, im trying to save up for nitrous damnit lol

#74 ·
If I edited this thread and removed all off-topic crap and bickering, this thing would only be about 5 posts long.

Arguing in vendor threads isn't tolerated- period. I don't care what you think you know, who you emailed, who you talked to, or what you heard- if you aren't the vendor selling the product, keep your "guesses" to yourselves so the thread doesn't get cluttered up with hearsay that drowns out the valid info coming from the vendor.

Also keep your discussions in the appropriate vendor's threads please, and refrain from cross posting to try and incite a war between two vendors just so you can save 10 bucks on your axles- it's ridiculous. My apologies to Hendrix and Dynojetman for the behavior of some people.

First and final warning on the subject.

#75 ·
Okay, it appears not everyone got the message. Let me make this really simple so I don't have to delete any more posts:

Post anything in this thread that isn't a question directed at Hendrix-Engineering, feedback from personal experience with Hendrix-Engineering, or discussion of this particular product, and the post disappears. If you're not mature enough to follow those simple instructions, vacations and bans will be handed out.

I will not be a babysitter, and I certainly won't allow 5 pages of off topic accusations, sniping, name calling and hearsay in a Vendor's thread EVER again.

#76 ·
As soon as I get some positive feedback from one, preferably more, of those first ten, I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Once installed, I'm gonna swap over to my Avon all-seasons and see how much of them I can leave on the road in first and second gears. :)

Thomas, I want that free shipping offer. Are you open over the holiday weekend?

#171 ·
Are you in Mooresville in the complex or nearby?

I've got to be there to get Nick to retune my V for the 102 mm MAF (and a few other minor changes) sometime later on this month or early July. Didn't he build and tune your motor in the GTO?

I'd like to see your shop (and the axles) if possible. They're on my "must have" list.

#86 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.