Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Reading this thread can be depressing in that I do not have the cashflow to get these just yet However, ...
    c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

Reading this thread can be depressing in that I do not have the cashflow to get these just yet

However, great to know that a bigtime fix is now available

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I'm installing today. I will take some vid with my phone at the dealer. HAHA

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by cobra29svt View Post
    Installed my axles tonight. Took a little under 1 hour. Spent 40 minutes on the drivers side, and 15 minutes on the passenger side. Pretty easy to tell which side we did first huh. I guess if you include tightening the bolts, then the total time was about 1.25 hours. They were the biggest hassle of the install IMO.

I havn't really put 'em to the test yet, other than a nice long (zero wheel-hop) 1st gear burn-out. Will try some more tomorrow. Sorry...no videos from me.
    Man you guys are fast!!!!..Thanks for the purchase ENJOY!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by justin311 View Post
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by justin311 View Post
    Time to beat is 1.25 hours. I'll bet that is not the number in the flat rate manual used by the dealer.

heartbeat-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Has anyone been trying a brake torque burnout? i went out last night and mine hopps like crazy when i brake torque it. no hop when i just do a standard burnout. im goin out in just a bit to see if i can wait just a sec after the wheels start to spin before applying the brake. see what that might do.

Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat-V View Post
    Has anyone been trying a brake torque burnout? i went out last night and mine hopps like crazy when i brake torque it. no hop when i just do a standard burnout. im goin out in just a bit to see if i can wait just a sec after the wheels start to spin before applying the brake. see what that might do.
    I would not recomend that to ANYONE!..That is a great way to tear up your rearend,if you want to set still and boil your tires you need a line loc.I have seen many rear faliures from this exact thing.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat-V View Post
    my mustang even hops when i do this. i dont recommend it and i dont recommend waiting just a sec for the wheels to start spinning either sometimes itll hop and sometimes it wont like that. but if it does itll be bad with our squishy diffs

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Did I miss out on the sale? I have a V on the way and wouldn't mind the axles being here around the same time.
    There goes my rim fund, but i'll be ordering lowering springs asap.

Also do you accept paypal?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

First of all, congrats on your "new" V. Post up details and pics when it arrives.

Secondly, IMHO, these axles are more important than rims. Further, they may be the most important mod available to the CTS-V community IF they indeed protect diffs.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Did I miss out on the sale? I have a V on the way and wouldn't mind the axles being here around the same time.
    There goes my rim fund, but i'll be ordering lowering springs asap.

Also do you accept paypal?
    There is still a chance to get the axles below dealer,$1699 for the race cvs..$1599 for standard...These will be going up in the next week or so as it is time to make another run of parts ,if you need a set now would be the time...

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    First of all, congrats on your "new" V. Post up details and pics when it arrives.

Secondly, IMHO, these axles are more important than rims. Further, they may be the most important mod available to the CTS-V community IF they indeed protect diffs.
    Thanks, I will foresure. I have been following this and related threads from the start, this definitely out weighs rims in my book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    There is still a chance to get the axles below dealer,$1699 for the race cvs..$1599 for standard...These will be going up in the next week or so as it is time to make another run of parts ,if you need a set now would be the time...
    Put me on the list, and might as well get the race cvs. Would you like a deposit? Paid in advance? and do you do paypal?
    I don't want to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Thanks, I will foresure. I have been following this and related threads from the start, this definitely out weighs rims in my book too.

Put me on the list, and might as well get the race cvs. Would you like a deposit? Paid in advance? and do you do paypal?
    I don't want to miss out.
    Great Tommy,give us a call and will take your order and get them out the door in a couple days

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Great Tommy,give us a call and will take your order and get them out the door in a couple days
    Sweet, I will give you a call probably by tomorrow at the latest.
    Hope you ship to Canada

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Man I would really like to do this but I have too much factory warranty left (till mid 2011) to do this now and possibly void the warranty. I guess I'll just have to wait and pay going rate then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.