Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by WGT31 Well mine are in, took one of our mechanics an hour per side. Had a few ...
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

Quote Originally Posted by WGT31 View Post
    Well mine are in, took one of our mechanics an hour per side. Had a few issues, we ended up putting the smaller on the driver side and the larger on the passenger. For some reason the larger axle wouldn't go on the drive side it was to long. We also had an issue with the cv on the rear end side of the axle not going in all the way, just had to push it in to the housing till the snap ring clipped. Nothing worse than the feeling of spending the money and time and u let the clutch out and it doesn't move. With all that being said.

Now the important part.

NO WHEEL HOP.

Just a smooth side to side motion, no more teeth jarring rearend bouncing side show. Just lots of smoke(tire).

So

KARS III Original Kit Installed by Doug - $640.00
    Drag Bags - $80.00
    HE Axles - $1550.00
    NO WHEEL HOP - Priceless

TOTALLY PLEASED William
    AWESOME william!.!1st it doesnt matter what side the biggest bar goes on,but they are the same length.You wouldnt believe how dang strong them rubber boots are ,sometomes you have to wiggly them around to get the cv to callaspe for install.Im assuming they had the shocks loose.Glad you got um in!!!Enjoy...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Lolly, are you getting yours tomorrow or is it Friday?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Lolly, are you getting yours tomorrow or is it Friday?
    NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

That's a better question for Thomas......can you interject here man? Pretty sure he said next week, but I don't for certain.

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WGT31 View Post
    Well mine are in, took one of our mechanics an hour per side. Had a few issues, we ended up putting the smaller on the driver side and the larger on the passenger. For some reason the larger axle wouldn't go on the drive side it was to long. We also had an issue with the cv on the rear end side of the axle not going in all the way, just had to push it in to the housing till the snap ring clipped. Nothing worse than the feeling of spending the money and time and u let the clutch out and it doesn't move. With all that being said.

Now the important part.

NO WHEEL HOP.

Just a smooth side to side motion, no more teeth jarring rearend bouncing side show. Just lots of smoke(tire).

So

KARS III Original Kit Installed by Doug - $640.00
    Drag Bags - $80.00
    HE Axles - $1550.00
    NO WHEEL HOP - Priceless

TOTALLY PLEASED William
    Freakin sweet Will!!!! I'm prolly doin mine this weekend. Let's line em up and give all these boys a southern burn-out show. It will be 2 NA cars doin burn outs. No one has posted that yet. I have specter bushings and a non installed 561 traction bar.

Quote Originally Posted by justin311 View Post
    Freakin sweet Will!!!! I'm prolly doin mine this weekend. Let's line em up and give all these boys a southern burn-out show. It will be 2 NA cars doin burn outs. No one has posted that yet. I have specter bushings and a non installed 561 traction bar.
    Yes! We dont have any N/A burnout videos yet!!

I plan on doing one for sure. I'll even do it with my freakin phone if I have to.

Where's all the other videos from everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Yes! We dont have any N/A burnout videos yet!!

I plan on doing one for sure. I'll even do it with my freakin phone if I have to.

Where's all the other videos from everyone?
    I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it, already!

Since you guys are, in essence, doing a research project on behalf of the all the other NA guys, you need to do a clutch drop at 2k RPM, a clutch drop at 3k RPM, a clutch drop at 4k RPM, a clutch drop at 5k RPM, at 32 psi rear tire pressure, at 34 psi rear tire pressure, at 36 psi rear tire pressure, at 70 deg ambient temp, at 75 deg ambient temp, at 80 deg ambient temp, at 85 deg ambient temp, with Falkens, with Goodyears, with Bridgestones, on blacktop, on cement, at 50% relative humidity, at 75% relative humidity, at 29.00 mm Hg atmos pressure, at 29.50 mm Hg atmos pressure, with a black V, with a platinum V, with a redline V, with stealth gray V, with a passenger, without a passenger, and so on and so on with a video of each one. That's a little over 10,000 burnouts.

I'll plot the data.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    i'm workin' on it, i'm workin' on it, already!

Since you guys are, in essence, doing a research project on behalf of the all the other na guys, you need to do a clutch drop at 2k rpm, a clutch drop at 3k rpm, a clutch drop at 4k rpm, a clutch drop at 5k rpm, at 32 psi rear tire pressure, at 34 psi rear tire pressure, at 36 psi rear tire pressure, at 70 deg ambient temp, at 75 deg ambient temp, at 80 deg ambient temp, at 85 deg ambient temp, with falkens, with goodyears, with bridgestones, on blacktop, on cement, at 50% relative humidity, at 75% relative humidity, at 29.00 mm hg atmos pressure, at 29.50 mm hg atmos pressure, with a black v, with a platinum v, with a redline v, with stealth gray v, with a passenger, without a passenger, and so on and so on with a video of each one. That's a little over 10,000 burnouts.

I'll plot the data. :d
    rotflmao!!!!!!

Phil25101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V for Victory

So after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that my bone stock V only needs two mods to make it better then ever. Those two are a shifter and these axles. Is that right? or did I miss something in these 17 pages. I hope I can sneek 2K out of the bank without the Boss finding out j/k

A shifter yes.

If these axles, in eliminating wheelhop, result in virtually complete protection for the diff, then they, too, will be in the top two or three mods you can do to a Gen I CTS-V ... maybe even the very top mod.

We'll see.

Thomas, when should I expect my axles man? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil25101 View Post
    So after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that my bone stock V only needs two mods to make it better then ever. Those two are a shifter and these axles. Is that right? or did I miss something in these 17 pages. I hope I can sneek 2K out of the bank without the Boss finding out j/k
    We sure hope so,i will say the ctsv rear looks far beefer than the gto rear,wheel hop has been the diffs demise,now we will see its power holding ability.Right now we have a few sets left for $1599 we will be going up to the more realistic price of $1899 with the race cvs very soon.If you would like to save now would be the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Thomas, when should I expect my axles man? Thanks
    On the Way!!!...It looks like we have our flywheels worked out as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    On the Way!!!...It looks like we have our flywheels worked out as well
    Can you PM me a tracking number please fine Sir? (that way I can snag the box before the girlie sees it)

Oh, and DO TELL about the flywheel!!!

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

I don't have these axles and I can do out right clutch dumps and spin my tires without any hop, but I do get a couple hops if I try to launch at the 1-2 shift. It hops when it is on the borderline traction/no traction. I can generally drive around it, but that means to not shift has hard as I want. I do enjoy myself some tire roasting videos, but could some of you fine gentlemen could give me some evidence of the ability to reduce/eliminate this.

I'd also recommend using some painter's tape and tape some cardboard up to your rear fenders behind the tires as to eliminate the possibility kicking up anything and scratching your paint.

Thanks in advance.

cobra29svt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Installed my axles tonight. Took a little under 1 hour. Spent 40 minutes on the drivers side, and 15 minutes on the passenger side. Pretty easy to tell which side we did first huh. I guess if you include tightening the bolts, then the total time was about 1.25 hours. They were the biggest hassle of the install IMO.

I havn't really put 'em to the test yet, other than a nice long (zero wheel-hop) 1st gear burn-out. Will try some more tomorrow. Sorry...no videos from me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.