Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering Thanks Guys!!! No comments on the awesome wires. Wires? j/k...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Thanks Guys!!! No comments on the awesome wires.
    Wires?

j/k

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Put one of my old Avon all-seasons on the passenger side and will do the same to the driver's side tomorrow. Then ...

Okay, they're in. Hopefully, I can talk my wife in getting takeout tonight, and I'll take it for a spin and report back.

Took me longer than I expected. First, I locked the car with my keys inside and had to call OnStar. The axle nut was REALLY on there, so that took a while to get loose. One of my two jacks broke (dang Harbor Freight junk ). Then, I lowered the car down and realized I hadn't tightened the nut on the ball stud. (I'm no mechanic ... can you tell?) Well, by then, it was too late to make a run.

Oh, and for those who are going to do this themselves, I would strongly recommend one of those slick ratchet-type box end wrenches for the ball stud nut. It's 21 mm. I have an 18 mm one, but I didn't have a 21 mm one, and it was a PITA the way I did it. Probably added 10-15 minutes easy.

Almost forgot. Don't recall if this was already posted, but I measured the DSS axle diameters, too, before I put them in. They are:

Pass side: 35.00 mm (vs ~33.10 mm stock)

Driver side: 28.75 mm (vs ~33.04 mm stock)

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Go drive that dang thing!

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Okay, they're in. Hopefully, I can talk my wife in getting takeout tonight, and I'll take it for a spin and report back.

Took me longer than I expected. First, I locked the car with my keys inside and had to call OnStar. The axle nut was REALLY on there, so that took a while to get loose. One of my two jacks broke (dang Harbor Freight junk ). Then, I lowered the car down and realized I hadn't tightened the nut on the ball stud. (I'm no mechanic ... can you tell?) Well, by then, it was too late to make a run.

Oh, and for those who are going to do this themselves, I would strongly recommend one of those slick ratchet-type box end wrenches for the ball stud nut. It's 21 mm. I have an 18 mm one, but I didn't have a 21 mm one, and it was a PITA the way I did it. Probably added 10-15 minutes easy.

Almost forgot. Don't recall if this was already posted, but I measured the DSS axle diameters, too, before I put them in. They are:

Pass side: 35.00 mm (vs ~33.10 mm stock)

Driver side: 28.75 mm (vs ~33.04 mm stock)
    So iguess my estimate of 2 hours maybe a little more is right on.Rember these are Hendrix-Engineering axles...

Scatillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V w/ warmed-over LS7

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Free shiping!!
    Are you in Mooresville in the complex or nearby?

I've got to be there to get Nick to retune my V for the 102 mm MAF (and a few other minor changes) sometime later on this month or early July. Didn't he build and tune your motor in the GTO?

I'd like to see your shop (and the axles) if possible. They're on my "must have" list.

Okay, let me cut to the chase: NO WHEELHOP !!!

Now, some details: Had two of my sons with me, maybe a total of 230 lbs, had my Avon Tech 550 all seasons on the rear with decent tread but definitely not new, 3/4+ tank of gas, spare Avon in the trunk depression, maybe another 20 lbs of stuff in the truink, I'm 185 lbs, car was warmed up, outside air probably about 65 deg F, dry blacktop, two-lane road. I stopped the car, held the RPM at 3k, dropped the clutch, and put my foot to the floor. Engine started revving up to 5k as the maggie started to get boost, tires protesting/squealing/smoking then ... TC came on. (Let me interject here that I've never done that in the V before and forgot to turn it off.) Car regained traction again, it took off, shifted into 2nd, tires broke loose again, and I shut it down. I felt zero hopping the entire time. Most importantly, the diff is still in one piece.

Bottom line: The Hendrix Engineering axles are the bomb.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Now, some details: Had two of my sons with me, maybe a total of 230 lbs, had my Avon Tech 550 all seasons on the rear with decent tread but definitely not new, 3/4+ tank of gas, spare Avon in the trunk depression, maybe another 20 lbs of stuff in the truink, I'm 185 lbs, car was warmed up, outside air probably about 65 deg F, dry blacktop, two-lane road. I stopped the car, held the RPM at 3k, dropped the clutch, and put my foot to the floor. Engine started revving up to 5k as the maggie started to get boost, tires protesting/squealing/smoking then ... TC came on. (Let me interject here that I've never done that in the V before and forgot to turn it off.) Car regained traction again, it took off, shifted into 2nd, tires broke loose again, and I shut it down. I felt zero hopping the entire time. Most importantly, the diff is still in one piece.

And when you did it the second time with the TC turned off, what happened? You did do it a second time didn't you?

AWESOME!!!!...Enjoy the ride guys,standing buy to take orders...lol..no really standing buy.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

wow randy you've got some balls, talk about a test! rev it up and drop the clutch, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Scatillac View Post
    Are you in Mooresville in the complex or nearby?

I've got to be there to get Nick to retune my V for the 102 mm MAF (and a few other minor changes) sometime later on this month or early July. Didn't he build and tune your motor in the GTO?

I'd like to see your shop (and the axles) if possible. They're on my "must have" list.
    He didnt build my motor but he does tune it,if you let me know a head of time ill try to grab some axles and meet you out at nicks.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

So how much are these today?

**Edit: Sorry just went back a few pages, $1,550 and Free Shipping, but no pretty plug wires... Right?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki View Post
    Same question - including the options on CVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki View Post

**Edit: Sorry just went back a few pages, $1,550 and Free Shipping, but no pretty plug wires... Right?
    Guys i hope you understand i have to make a profit sooner or latter if im going to be around with new stuff lol.If we can get 5 guys i will do $1550 one more time, i canot do the $60 worth of shipping again.I felt we needed to get enuff out there to give plenty of thumbs up.These axles need to sell for $1799 without the race cvs to be profitable.You can have these with standard cvs or our light weight cvs,normaly a $200 option.Yall let me know,if we get 10 i can do the free shiping.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    And when you did it the second time with the TC turned off, what happened? You did do it a second time didn't you?
    Oops, missed this poast.

Suppose you want the truth, don't you?

No.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.