Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by jweymar ill take a set, still free shipping ya? Sure ,give us a call.980-521-0722...
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: Hendrix-Engineering getting to know you axle sale!

Quote Originally Posted by jweymar View Post
    ill take a set, still free shipping ya?
    Sure ,give us a call.980-521-0722

MIGHTYMOUSE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-v

so who did i talk to today at vmp again?

Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE View Post
    so who did i talk to today at vmp again?
    That would be me,nice to meet you,man you have one bad f body!Lets put that motor in the ctsv!lol

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Thomas, any shipments going out this week?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Thomas, any shipments going out this week?
    Hi Randy,they will all leave out first of the week.

Everything has shipped guys!Thanks alot ,looking foward to the feedback.

WGT31 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Vagon TG, Black, Roof, Suede Wheel and Shifter, Polishe

Happen to have tracking #'s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Everything has shipped guys!Thanks alot ,looking foward to the feedback.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by WGT31 View Post
    Happen to have tracking #'s?
    Sure,if you shoot me a pm with your name ill give it to ya.

I'm studying the installation of the axles without the advantage of looking at the car right now, and I've got a question (or two).

In Lolly's thread about diff removal ( http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...f-install.html ), I'm assuming I'd go through the instructions for photos 2 thru 6 then, does the hub just slip right off the axle spline? Then, does the axle just slip out of the diff at the other end? Can it be that simple? Or, am I missing something here?

Also, is it advisable to smear grease on the splines of the axle before slipping it into the diff and the hub onto the axle? Are there any other tricks or techniques or tools that should be employed at this time?

I just might do these tomorrow if it's that simple.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'm studying the installation of the axles without the advantage of looking at the car right now, and I've got a question (or two).

In Lolly's thread about diff removal ( http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...f-install.html ), I'm assuming I'd go through the instructions for photos 2 thru 6 then, does the hub just slip right off the axle spline? Then, does the axle just slip out of the diff at the other end? Can it be that simple? Or, am I missing something here?

Also, is it advisable to smear grease on the splines of the axle before slipping it into the diff and the hub onto the axle? Are there any other tricks or techniques or tools that should be employed at this time?

I just might do these tomorrow if it's that simple.
    Once you remove the axle nut, the axle will pop off the hub with a good tug. I used my knee on the axle end and pulled towards myself on each side of the hub.
    The axles are held into the diff with small snap rings. If you use a prybar, just use a little force (against the hardest part of the case, and the CV of the axle) and it will pop out.

Greasing them is not a bad idea since they are brand new. Just be careful when you are putting them in. Align them as straight as possible so you don't disturb the axle seals. Ewill and dealerships use that plastic "tool" to protect the seals, but I never used one. Just don't go jamming/forcing them in there, and you'll be fine.

Call me if you need any help Randy. (I pm'd you my cell phone #) If you don't do em this weekend, let me know and I'll come up and help you.

My axle fund might be going to the LS7 clutch fund

ALSO: ....if this doesn't make sense, let me know.....I can try to describe in better detail, or take a pic of what I mean

You need to take the spindle nut off the axle first. This spindle nut is 34mm. Look at (#4) in the picture below. You need to place a drift punch or equivelant(I used the allen wrench) in between the slots in the rotor and the caliper. This will keep the rotor/axle from turning while you are cranking down on the spindle nut.
    (#4) shows where the punch/allen wrench goes when you are TIGHTENING the spindle nut. When LOOSENING the spindle nut, the punch/allen wrench goes on the other side of the caliper in the slots in the rotor.

Yeah, as I was laying there in bed last night just getting ready to drift off into dream land (complete with robot nipples ), I got to thinking about that spindle nut and how I forgot that in my poast above when I was asking my questions. "Thanks" for getting back to me, btw.

About that snap ring: So, you just pry that sucker out of there using a bar between the CV and against the diff without regard to the snap ring? I have a snap ring removal tool ... is there access to get at it to remove it, or do I just muscle the axle out snap ring or no snap ring?

(Sorry for all the ques, but I'm the kinda guy who doesn't like surprises when I do this sort of thing. Makes Mod Hell much more enjoyable.)

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Its a lock ring like on the end of an impact. Its not a snap ring in regards to a traditional removable snap ring. The ring is on the end of the splines inside the diff.

OH-H-H ! ... now, I get it!

It compresses as it passes through a smaller diameter 'cause it has a gap where it meets itself, sorta like piston rings. NOW, I get it.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Exactly. It's just a small (copper or brass or sumthin) ring. No pliers needed, thank goodness.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.