is anyone running the FULL BMR rear kit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, is anyone running the FULL BMR rear kit? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; how do you like it? i know nothing is perfect... for now anyways, but i gotta do something about this ...
    silver02stang is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

is anyone running the FULL BMR rear kit?

how do you like it? i know nothing is perfect... for now anyways, but i gotta do something about this hop (just like everyone else). the only thing i have in there now is the TSB fix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: is anyone running the FULL BMR rear kit?

The entire BMR catalog for V's isn't going to make your V quit wheelhopping.....it might help tame it a little.
    I have the bushings, and they barely help. I bought trailing arms, but yet to install em....I'll let you know if they help. The toe rods.....ehhhh. The pinion support seemed to help break the diff even more from what I've read on here.

Try and get your hands on a Kars III Kit...that's seems to be the only real thing that substantially helps.... or go with a MadMan kit (9" diff)

is the MadMan kit still an IRS or is it a swap to a solid? Also, isn't the MadMan something like $7.5k? One more thing, is the MadMan set up just built to withstand the hop or is the hop completely, 100%, eliminated?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

its an irs and yes its that expensive. I believe the hop is gone from the few videos I have seen.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    its an irs and yes its that expensive. I believe the hop is gone from the few videos I have seen.
    i'll search madman on youtube... if not there could you point me in the right direction?

AG'S-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

"The pinion support seemed to help break the diff even more from what I've read on here."

Uhmmm...this worries me, specially since I just installed it and my car is under warranty. Really worth me removing it just so I don't grenade my rear end because of it? (and get warranty to replace it)

Quote Originally Posted by silver02stang View Post
    i'll search madman on youtube... if not there could you point me in the right direction?
    This car has a madman rear end
    http://vimeo.com/4192845

smoothq is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts-v

I have the bmr kit on my car. Tie rods,trailing arms, and anti wheel hop kit. And what I noticed is it did help with the wheel hop quite a bit but when I put the kit on my diff bushing was new also. When my new bushing went out after 5k miles it started wheel hoping again. So my suggestion is stay away from the pinion support from bmr but get everything else and the new diff bushing from uuc. I have had good results with that. Also I am going to get rid of my anti wheel hop kit from bmr and add the kars III kit this week and I am surte I should cure my wheel hop once doin that. Plus I have a brand new diff with 300miles on it.

AG'S-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Super...I guess I'll take it off when I get a chance, my local dealer is not mod friendly anyway.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

can someone explain how the pinion brace from BMR would break the diffs more? I just dont see it happening nor can i find thread saying that it was the cause.

AlmostAV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

it justs relocates the stress onto a different part of the differential....a fix for the original stress point, but causes a new stress point....which is just as bad....so it does nothing.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostAV View Post
    it justs relocates the stress onto a different part of the differential....a fix for the original stress point, but causes a new stress point....which is just as bad....so it does nothing.
    I just see it as something that reduces deflection....not sure how is moves around stress points and i still havent seen a car that has broken a part due to it

Quote Originally Posted by smoothq View Post
    I have the bmr kit on my car. Tie rods,trailing arms, and anti wheel hop kit. And what I noticed is it did help with the wheel hop quite a bit but when I put the kit on my diff bushing was new also. When my new bushing went out after 5k miles it started wheel hoping again. So my suggestion is stay away from the pinion support from bmr but get everything else and the new diff bushing from uuc. I have had good results with that. Also I am going to get rid of my anti wheel hop kit from bmr and add the kars III kit this week and I am surte I should cure my wheel hop once doin that. Plus I have a brand new diff with 300miles on it.
    i'm curious about the kars III. are the rumors true about them possibly being built again?

I doubt it. There were built again by a guy a few months ago. He bailed out of the project after making 10 or 20 sets I think. Some didn't fit right from what I gather. Anyway, the point is right now nobody is making any. I'm glad I bought mine a long time ago!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.