Cadillac Owners Forum banner
63K views 391 replies 69 participants last post by  nickweems 
#1 ·
Okay four broken diff's later and no factory warranty on number 3 or 4, I have to find a fix. I broke my last diff about two weeks ago along with the drive shaft and both axles (half shafts)........who wants to know what the parts bill was? I have been running the KARS III kit and it has helped minimize the hop but not eliminate it all together, Well I bought a new carrier and put the KARS kit on minus the carrier bracket (due to the instant whine) put UUC diff bushing in and I believe I cured the hop all together but not with the KARS kit or the bushing. I had custom half shafts made which was GM's fix for the 2009. I'm not sure anyone has figured this out yet. Used was a larger diameter shaft on the left side. These axles use bigger stronger 108mm cv with chromoly cage and race set. The axles are designed to twist at different rates thus reducing the stress on the rear diff and completely eliminating wheel hop. I will put this new product to the test and keep everyone updated. The half shafts are a direct bolt in and swap right in with no other mods. The same design is used by Underground Racing on there world record setting Viper and will support over 1000hp. Kit will run $1800 which is about $200 more than replacing the factory axles from Cadillac, and if we can get together a group buy of 5 sets or more I'm sure we will get a significant discount.

#288 ·
the case and internals grenaded, the ring gear was in several pieces and the diff housing is unrecognizable it was in so many pieces. But once again there was no hop at all what so ever.......the getrag junk diff just wont support the power with the V being so heavy.

#289 ·
clutch dump? shifting gears?

#290 · (Edited)
how much power do you have n20junky? I just don't see how it grenades like that without something improperly installed or aligned unless your hooking hard as hell... I beat the living hell out of my car and i just spin everywhere I go.. I bang gears off rev limiter and dump the clutch all the time.. I am on a stock differential. I just don't get how you have went through so many if your not hopping anymore. Hopping will destroy your rear in no time, but if your not hopping how does it just break? Wouldn't your weak link be tires if everything else was installed right?.. With good traction you will find your weak link in a hurry but do you really hook that well?

Without hop things just wont break and shatter like that unless you are HOOKING HARD... I have Never broken any rear end stuff unless I was running wrinkle wall slicks on my cars.. Here is my 67 camaro.. I spin like hell in it.. this is what happened after my 2nd launch with ET drag slicks pulling 1.5 60 foots...

By no means I am trying to call you a liar or look down on you anything like that.. I just am really really curious how you keep breaking your rear if your not hopping.. If your not hooking and just spinning everywhere I just don't understand how it could break. Yes our cars are heavy but mine has never broken yet and I don't ever imagine it breaking if I am not hooking hard out of the hole. What were you doing when yours broke? please explain the whole story to us.. I am very interested in your setup.. I want to try to brain storm on my own and figure out how this is happening to you.

I choose to make my caddy not hook though, and if i really want to get on it and race it I can do a very good job and grip quite well on street tires which is all I can ask for... I don't run drag radials or et streets on it for a reason.. Because when you hook you find weak links really really fast.. I would rather spin all year long in my caddy than break once.. Plus doing a burn out in a caddy is cool as hell anyways.. lol.. anyways.. Please tell me more about your car and your setup.. I am really curious.

#294 ·
It would be cool if you're right, but several years ago a few forum members (I believe heavy was involved) tried contacting Getrag about the steel version of our rear diff that they make. Getrag claimed it didn't exist, even though we have pictures of it. After being shown the pictures, they replied "Not interested".

#297 ·
It would be cool if you're right, but several years ago a few forum members (I believe heavy was involved) tried contacting Getrag about the steel version of our rear diff that they make. Getrag claimed it didn't exist, even though we have pictures of it. After being shown the pictures, they replied "Not interested".
Maybe if they go through a GM Chapter 11 bankruptcy as an unsecured creditor their attitude toward incremental business will change.

#295 ·
lets see.... if you can come up with something on that steel diff maybe i can weasel a part number or something. was it to ask about them selling u a steel diff or just making a steel one for us?

either way its easy to ask someone a question when you are co-workers as opposed to an outsider.

#296 ·
Perhaps hopping from time to time off the track added up and created a crack? When mine went it was right after pushing the clutch in to go to 2nd and i wasn't going fast. No hoping, at the time at least, so who knows how many little hops added up. Perhaps if you never hopped at all (ie: put the DSS axles on the day you bought it) it'd be fine?

Also N2O, were you spraying in 1st?

#301 ·
#313 ·
#303 ·
the walls of lies are slowly falling apart here. lets recap what we have learned so far.
1) n2ojunky claimed to have a solution to the wheel hop issue but provided no info nor picks
2) forum contacted a axle supplier and they got a customer to come and speak on his experience
3) customer had vids, pics and setup a way to rid all of us of the horrid wheel hop we suffer from
4) n2ojunky came back saying that he had the right to sell these despite never giving us any proof of how they worked for him.
5) once people went with the other vendor, n2ojunky supposedly "broke" his rear with his "upgraded" axles and tried to badmouth this product, since he was going to get a set for selling them.

now the story is making sense.

#308 ·
why should we lock this? its important we oust those why need it, and give them the chance to respond if the like.

i think if you lie and try to take advantage of innocent and desperate people you dont deserve the safety of having the thread locked to save your hide from people adding more truth to it.

#309 ·
So who on this forum has these axles installed? Maybe someone should make a thread on persons with the axles installed and their likes/dislikes if any...

$1500... the cost of two 06-07 differential carriers.

I for one am on my original...from factory differential.

#311 · (Edited)
#310 · (Edited)
Really interesting how things work themselves out isn't it? I just couldn't figure out how he broke his rear end with the new axles.. It does not make sense. if you didn't see my reply here it is:

" By no means I am trying to call you a liar or look down on you anything like that.. I just am really really curious how you keep breaking your rear if your not hopping.. If your not hooking and just spinning everywhere I just don't understand how it could break. Yes our cars are heavy but mine has never broken yet and I don't ever imagine it breaking if I am not hooking hard out of the hole. What were you doing when yours broke? please explain the whole story to us.. I am very interested in your setup.. I want to try to brain storm on my own and figure out how this is happening to you. "

He never replied.. I naturally started getting curious at that point because I was truly interested in how he broke. ESPECIALLY with the " new " axles. Then when he said he didn't want to get on his car or show you any vids or pics it really made me question things. I am sorry but if you have went through diffs before from wheel hop and all of a sudden your hop is gone, your going to naturally find the need to boil the tires through every gear to see if your $1600 was worth it or not and he wouldn't do it. So I made some calls and found out some more info about his story after he posted those pics but I don't even need to say it. Let's just say I am glad someone here figured it out. My reputation and my word is the same online as in person and he was purposely trying to make me look bad and steal you all from me and I didn't appreciate it. He did the #1 no no to a vendorship, he told you all my costs. That is a childish move right there if you ask me and the owner of DSS freaked when he found out. Then I didn't even care you seen my costs because you all realized I am not making that much anyways and I truly am hooking you up. I did everything possible to reassure you all that this fixes your issues and I am truly grateful that you all put faith into me. I was just skeptical as hell about his story because I have had these in my car for a few months and I know how they perform and I also know how things break. By hopping, too much traction or something improperly installed.

Nice find.. I am not here to bash anyone but it all makes sense now. See what happens when your truthful? People come to me and fix their wheel hop.. See what happens when your sneaky? People sniff you out.. The truth will always come out sooner or later.. That's why I am a straight shooter all the time. I told you all then I had nothing to hide and I still don't. Instead of BS'ing you all I admitted when I didn't' know something and worked on getting you all answers.. I am just glad everything turned out like it did. Things happen for a reason and I believe I deserve to be the only one selling these axles on here.. Because I earned it the good old fashioned way. Hopefully you all can see that.

#314 ·
Wow, freaking scandalous!

#315 ·
:food-snacking:

#318 ·
Ditto.....this has turned into reality TV!

#317 ·
I dunno bout you guys but im really glad he was lying. I was shocked to see everyone buy these axels and have a diff break within the same week everyone purchased them. Seemed a little odd though since he was not willing to take any vids of him beating on that diff with the new axles cause he had just got this new diff, and then once everyone buys them from Nathan, BOOM!! his diff goes?? seemed a little odd, but I was really hoping he was lying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.