Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by JimmyH I agree with F; removing the wheelhop is going to expose some other issue. You can't ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I agree with F; removing the wheelhop is going to expose some other issue. You can't put 450+ whp on the ground with impunity and expect your car to go 100k miles that way. I am still waiting to see what the V2's longevity issue is going to be.

Still, this looks very promising for the guys who want to turn their V1 into a beast. If it REALLY works, I might even be interested. I maintain that a wheelhop fix is not ideal for a daily driver, but my V is a garage queen (05V with less than 15k miles as of now) and will be for a long time. So curing wheelhop, allowing me to put some sticky tires back on the car would be quite teh fun.

If a group buy does develop, someone keep me in the loop

I dd my v and anything i can do to make it more reliable would be nice as far as im concerned. i would rather replace something once in 100k miles then have to do it the 2-3 times some of these guys on here have and they havent hit 60k yet. if i can get a reasonable about of performance out of this thing, with no hop i might have trouble going to bed waiting for this fix.

but next people are going to be looking for ways to slap on a set of dr's or slicks to the car. road racers and drag guys must be happy today.

The Tony Show is online now See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Got any pictures of the new axles ?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

yeah I think I do.. let me look through my pics. If not I will throw my car on my lift and snap some pics for you. The axles look 10x better and stronger than stock ones. Two different size axle tubes twisting differently is what fixes the hop. Do you guys want me to work out special pricing for you? I liked these axles so much I have became a dealer for him through my dyno shop. I sell lots of different axles for many different cars and I can gladly check and see how much I can save you if a few of you are interested.. his GTO axles fixed my buddies wheel hop as well. Plus I sell lots of axles to my FWD ( wrong wheel drive ) buddies with high HP cars and they are very happy. I do know it would be cheaper than going and buying them outright. I have gotten to know the owner of DSS quite well over the last year and I will do my best to save you guys some cash if you want me to pursue this for you.. Let me know. All I would need is how many of you are interested in buying a set and I will see how much I can save you all as a group discount.

rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

add me to the group buy list as soon as one is made

LUVMYV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Me, me, me, i want that !!!

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Very interested in seeing pictures of said axles.
    I would be all over the GB too.

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

count me in

STAGEUP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I'll buy them!

just found a pic on my phone when they were new in the box. I am going to upload it in a few min.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    yeah I think I do.. let me look through my pics. If not I will throw my car on my lift and snap some pics for you. The axles look 10x better and stronger than stock ones. Two different size axle tubes twisting differently is what fixes the hop. Do you guys want me to work out special pricing for you? I liked these axles so much I have became a dealer for him through my dyno shop. I sell lots of different axles for many different cars and I can gladly check and see how much I can save you if a few of you are interested.. his GTO axles fixed my buddies wheel hop as well. Plus I sell lots of axles to my FWD ( wrong wheel drive ) buddies with high HP cars and they are very happy. I do know it would be cheaper than going and buying them outright. I have gotten to know the owner of DSS quite well over the last year and I will do my best to save you guys some cash if you want me to pursue this for you.. Let me know. All I would need is how many of you are interested in buying a set and I will see how much I can save you all as a group discount.
    what ever can be worked out is good for me.

sorry not the best pic but this is all I have with me right now.. Gives you a good idea.

mods: please put a list together of everyone that is serious and ready to buy the axles.. Once you get me a number of how many people are ready to buy I will go to town and work out the special pricing for everyone.. obviously there is not much profit margin in custom axles like this but I will do my best to take care of all of you.

something is better than nothing I guess.. You would be getting them cheaper than one of my good friends that owns a V because of the qty discount. Either way I can't give you guys a solid price yet until I know how many people are interested.. I will do my best to help you guys out and will definately do it cheaper than any other distributor out there; Just because I own one of these cars and I know how frustrating the hop is... They are well worth the price, I assure you. If any of you don't believe me hop your ass on a plane and come out here and take mine for a spin I have to run for a few but I will check back with you all later. If you have any questions let me know.

rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

i'll help out (add your name to the list only if you are serious about a set):

1. RangerRob

The Tony Show is online now See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    mods: please put a list together of everyone that is serious and ready to buy the axles.. Once you get me a number of how many people are ready to buy I will go to town and work out the special pricing for everyone.. obviously there is not much profit margin in custom axles like this but I will do my best to take care of all of you.

something is better than nothing I guess.. You would be getting them cheaper than one of my good friends that owns a V because of the qty discount. Either way I can't give you guys a solid price yet until I know how many people are interested.. I will do my best to help you guys out and will definately do it cheaper than any other distributor out there; Just because I own one of these cars and I know how frustrating the hop is... They are well worth the price, I assure you. If any of you don't believe me hop your ass on a plane and come out here and take mine for a spin I have to run for a few but I will check back with you all later. If you have any questions let me know.

I haven't heard back from the axle guy yet, so if you want to take the reigns then I'm all for it. Please sign up as a Supporting Vendor by clicking HERE before asking any members for payment.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some new 1/4 mile times with these new axles installed on some of the badass Vs we have around here.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I haven't heard back from the axle guy yet, so if you want to take the reigns then I'm all for it. Please sign up as a Supporting Vendor by clicking HERE before asking any members for payment.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some new 1/4 mile times with these new axles installed on some of the badass Vs we have around here.
    sounds good. I would be happy to take the reins and be a part of this online community.. As I said, I am not just a vendor.. I am also a V owner and lover of these cars. I am excited to check this site out and become a part of it and help in any way possible. If anyone is in my area we can also dyno tune your V and offer many other services. I may throw my LS7 from my camaro into my V soon since the wheel hop is gone.. if I do I will do a full write up on it ... Thanks again guys.. Looking forward to working with some of you. I will try to get this all set up tonight. Once I am set up I will start a thread about a group purchase so we can get the ball rolling.

Nathan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.