Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 26
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Man, if only someone would invent some sort of website where you could type in a name of a product ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

Man, if only someone would invent some sort of website where you could type in a name of a product and then it would direct you right to the homepage of that product so that you could find out any information direct from the horse's mouth. If I had the ability to create such a site I would give it a silly name, like "Google", just to be a goofball.

Unfortunately, nobody has figured out how to create this mythical "search engine" site, so instead we have to post on various discussion forums and hope that somebody there knows the information we seek.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

TheKid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Silentwig,

What do you mean you've lost all driveability?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

There are bandaids for wheelhop. There is no cure and never will be.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    Silentwig,

Can you not see the picture attached to the post you're asking about?
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Can you not see the picture attached to the post you're asking about?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

silentwig is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    Silentwig,

Well they hardly function on pavement that's the problem, but they seriously got rid of ALL wheelhop when Im on ice. Billy and I have been working on a new solution for street application. What Im about to post in this post right now is pretty serious and I don't want to give to much away to the CTS-V 1st gen community, but do you remember this...?

Thats your hint for now, We have plans for a 6-1-13 release date...busy working on tire integration as I type. Just like the hand, you will get color choice options and the kicker is wheel hop should be 98.2% gone; not as good as the spikes, but damn well worth it.

Thanks for your time.

TheKid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwig View Post
    Well they hardly function on pavement that's the problem, but they seriously got rid of ALL wheelhop when Im on ice. Billy and I have been working on a new solution for street application. What Im about to post in this post right now is pretty serious and I don't want to give to much away to the CTS-V 1st gen community, but do you remember this...?

Thats your hint for now, We have plans for a 6-1-13 release date...busy working on tire integration as I type. Just like the hand, you will get color choice options and the kicker is wheel hop should be 98.2% gone; not as good as the spikes, but damn well worth it.

Thanks for your time.
    That's awsome! I'm glad I've asked before jumping on purchasing the hendrix or gforce. I may wait for these to come out. How much do you think they will run? Thats my deciding factor to wait or not for yours to come out. I'm effen psyched about this mayyyyan, can't wait, how much and do you think they would fit in your girl's vagina?
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Christo0pher View Post
    The reason the 06-07 diffs are breaking in the 04-05 Vs is due to the weak half shafts.

Can you elaborate? Those images require sign-in, by the way. Perhaps try imgur as a host?

PISNUOFF is still running the stock diff on his 07 V. He's broken multiple 1000HP axles (as well as almost everything else in his car), but the diff keeps going strong.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I run gForce axles after snapping a Hendrix one... Clean cut right inside the CV.
    I think they had a programming error where they were cutting the groove too deep. I had one snap and compared the groove depth to stock. They had to fix their program then sent me a replacement. Hopefully they check that now...

Hellride is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray

I have the G-force drivers side econo kit shaft installed on my 07' and I still have major wheel hop on launch. I will say it's not as bad as stock though. Will doing the passenger side with a g-force shaft, stock cv's, do much more? My car is a lower horsepower car and will stay that way. K&N, W4M tune, magnaflow cat back, straight pipes in place of cats, Appx. 450 flywheel horsepower maybe

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Hellride View Post
    I have the G-force drivers side econo kit shaft installed on my 07' and I still have major wheel hop on launch. I will say it's not as bad as stock though. Will doing the passenger side with a g-force shaft, stock cv's, do much more? My car is a lower horsepower car and will stay that way. K&N, W4M tune, magnaflow cat back, straight pipes in place of cats, Appx. 450 flywheel horsepower maybe
    There are certainly lots of variables (tire type/age, road surface, temperature, hp, etc), but I can tell you that with two axles I have virtually zero WH. I also have Specter Werkes cradle bushings, too, which doesn't hurt.

Seems to me, guys have posted up that by doing one axle, WH is reduced. By doing both axles, WH is reduced even more. I think you'd benefit by doing the other axle.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hellride View Post
    Yes. If one axle doesn't help that much, both will certainly help more. I tried a single driver side Hendrix one first without much luck, tried two Gforce and eliminated almost 90%. Stiffer cradle bushings also help.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

I hate to say it, but for my car, the DSS axles worked great at getting rid of the hop, both the single shaft and both. I have both geforce axles in it now and i might as well have put stock axles back in... it hops like crazy. I think there are some interesting harmonics different car to car. I really figured the geforce axles were the way to go, but not for my car.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Most people with the axles have other mods as well. Hence such disparity in the results. My hendrix axles reduced the hop on the street. At the strip, didn't make any difference.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.