Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I know this eliminates wheel hop as the OP said but is the rear itself still weak? i like to ...
    945liter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

I know this eliminates wheel hop as the OP said but is the rear itself still weak? i like to shift i mean i don't WOT but i slam gears hard will the axles take up the stress or is the diff still prone to break.

** Currently car down with a blown rear **
    Just an example on a closed course
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlIqEUfrn04"]YouTube - Mr Slay vs 954Liter[/ame]

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 945liter View Post
    I know this eliminates wheel hop as the OP said but is the rear itself still weak? i like to shift i mean i don't WOT but i slam gears hard will the axles take up the stress or is the diff still prone to break.
    The newer version differentials are not prone to breakage at rational horsepower levels. These axles, by curing wheelhop, should extend the expected life of the differential in any event.

Thanks, That wasn't what i was looking to hear lol seeing that i make 430 now without the 175shot and i broke an 06 diff the only option right now is an 04 SRX diff which is prob weak lol

Thanks, That wasn't what i was looking to hear lol seeing that i make 430 now without the 175shot and i broke an 06 diff the only option right now is an 04 SRX diff which is prob weak lol
    The one incident of breakage on the 2007 version differential involved 600 HP, drag radials, and a drag strip.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Do we have a figure of how many prior axel sets DSS has sold?

DSS is a very BIG company they make axles for Hondas/dsm/domestics everything alot of racing applications.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Do we have a figure of how many prior axel sets DSS has sold?
    From what I gather in this thread, there's only two sets of DSS axles on CTS-Vs running around out there- n2ojunky's and dynojetman's.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DSS is a very BIG company they make axles for Hondas/dsm/domestics everything alot of racing applications.
    UUC makes lot of stuff for racing BMWs, but I still have a set of their motor mounts sitting in a box. I am getting paranoid in my old age too.

I am just looking for an explanation as to why smaller is stronger and GM is wrong again.

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

** Currently car down with a blown rear **
    Just an example on a closed course
    YouTube - Mr Slay vs 954Liter

I am still on my stock diff and I beat the hell out of mine and it hasn't broken yet.. knock on wood..

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I am just looking for an explanation as to why smaller is stronger and GM is wrong again.
    I will work on this today for you. I will have you an answer.

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Darkman, they are stronger. Simple as that. If you dont take their word for it, then dont buy them. Plenty of other people here are going to. Get over it. If you cant understand the metallurgy and tempering of different metals and how it affects them, then dont assume they are weaker. I think its pretty damn obvious they are stronger in general. Even in a worst case scenario the shaft is technically weaker than stock (which they arent), then apparently all of the other parts of the axle clearly make up for it. Videos prove it. We will have somebody coming out there just to get a 3rd opinion as well. The problem here isnt the product at hand. Its the fact that all us V owners have been reluctantly plagued with wheelhop and blowing costly diffs for the last 5 years, that we cant fathom the fact there is a cure finally after millions of trial and errors. Wake up, smell the coffee, take shower, jerk one off, and be stoked that we have a fix finally. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the videos and i got butterfly's in my stomach just because i KNOW these will work, and i KNOW that im really gonna piss my neighbors off at 3am even more hahahahaha. everybody stop fighting it and try to accept it. you are making it a pain in nathen's ass for trying to HELP us for christ's sake

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

It's not just about how thick it is( or so I tell the girls), but what it's made of. 300M is nearly indestructable. I remember reading test report of a turbo desiel tank motor that used custom 300M steel pistons and they ran it purposely lean for over 24hours straight and had no significant piston damage. DSS is well known for their axles, and I trust they are infinately better then whatever the bean counters allowed in our rear.

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    It's not just about how thick it is( or so I tell the girls), but what it's made of. 300M is nearly indestructable. I remember reading test report of a turbo desiel tank motor that used custom 300M steel pistons and they ran it purposely lean for over 24hours straight and had no significant piston damage. DSS is well known for their axles, and I trust they are infinately better then whatever the bean counters allowed in our rear.
    +1, GM makes some pathetic parts sometimes. Look at our diff, cmon now do you think their axles are gonna be better? Whens the last time you looked at your driveshaft as well? 2 piece w/ a huge a$$ center support bearing with enough rubber in it to make a tire. Sad. They should have one pieced it from day one but they didnt because it would get in the way of the exhaust hahaha.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    UUC makes lot of stuff for racing BMWs, but I still have a set of their motor mounts sitting in a box. I am getting paranoid in my old age too.

I am going to assume that it has to do with the type of material the axles are made of.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil
    everybody stop fighting it and try to accept it. you are making it a pain in nathen's ass for trying to HELP us for christ's sake
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking some logical technical questions before forking over $1,500. No one's "fighting" here, so just relax. It's great that you've made up your mind already, but there are others who need a little more information first.

Take it down a notch, killer.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.