Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Doctornick Someone buy me a plane ticket, I got a few bullet cameras and a nice HD ...
    dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    Someone buy me a plane ticket, I got a few bullet cameras and a nice HD camera. I'll go document the whole thing
    did you get pricing yet? What kind of monies are we talking?

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    did you get pricing yet? What kind of monies are we talking?
    My secretary aka GF is looking that up right now

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    Someone buy me a plane ticket, I got a few bullet cameras and a nice HD camera. I'll go document the whole thing
    I got ten on it, who's collecting the money pool here?

zie
    zie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by n2ojunky View Post
    Here's what getting under my skin, lets say in the beginning my intentions were to market these axles for DSS and make a buck or two in my pocket for a long awaited fix for all of us V owners. I started the thread, you hijacked it the day you joined the forum (24 hours ago) and are now looking to be the one who makes a profit. Here's the deal, can buy the the 10 sets at $14,445.00 to be exact so that equals out to be $1,444.50 plus shipping. So if you guys all want to get in on a group buy, $1444.50 is what I'm willing to go to the DRIVE SHAFT SHOP and place the order out of my pocket and see to it that everyone gets the best deal. Unfortunately I own a Direct Marketing and Media Advertising company and I'm not in the performance parts business to make a profit. Only to help out a great group of guys that are all about helping their fellow V owners out. Or simply get them from Luke in the near futre, as it will be only a matter of time before these are on the shelf in LINDSAYS parts department.
    Why are you complaining, it isn't much extra money.

Wasn't it the bitching just like this that got the KARS stage3 kit discontinued?
    We need to be grateful, it is a fix. Don't cry about it.

I should make some axles out of 2x4's, and sell em for half the price. "Budget wheel hop fix". One will be maple, and the other redwood

n2ojunky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

1445.00? Wow now the mods are deleting my posts in my own thread? I'm outta here.

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    I should make some axles out of 2x4's, and sell em for half the price. "Budget wheel hop fix". One will be maple, and the other redwood
    hahahaha... Let me know when you have them ready.. I will buy a set and try them out.. I think you have a good thing going! What is the race axle made out of? Oak?

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    hahahaha... Let me know when you have them ready.. I will buy a set and try them out.. I think you have a good thing going! What is the race axle made out of? Oak?
    petrified balsa wood. rare materials from the depths of africa.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by n2ojunky View Post
    1445.00? Wow now the mods are deleting my posts in my own thread? I'm outta here.
    None of your posts have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil
    lawlz
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nikon View Post
    My question is has anyone tried leaving an 04-05 axle in and installing one 06-07 axle??? did it do anything??? wouldn't that be the easier fix since both axles already exist?
    Yes. There has been at least one report on this forum of an 04/05 axle being replaced with a 06-07 axle under warranty due to breakage. That person reported no effect on wheel hop levels.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    If I am reading this correctly the inner shaft diameters are 1-1/8" and 1-3/8" as compared with the stock 04-05 version that has a shaft diameter of 1-1/4" and the stock 06-07 version that has a shaft diameter of 1-1/2". This means that the shaft diameters are smaller than stock although the CVs are larger.
    Is this correct?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

im confused here...

n20junky- people asked you for info, vids, pics etc and you bitched at those who asked for it. so now you are giving the guy who provided all of the things you refused to and did so by only being asked by fellow forum members. even the dss offered him as someone to ask questions to. i fail to see how you are helping anyone by complaing after someone came in here and did what you haven't been able to do.

darkman- why are you stirring up so many issues? what is your motive for doing so. all you people that have had v's since they were new and never bother to come up with a fix for the hop, even though it bothered you should be the first people in line to be happy for something like this. are you even going to buy these?

rest of forum- why is everyone looking for extra videos then the ones he has managed to post up so far. flying out to test drive his car? are you people serious? if we wait for that then this will never happen. who goes to a aftermarket vender to test drive their product before buying it? did you guys do the same with the kars kit which hasnt fixed the hop?

these axles work for many other applications that have a smiliar issue to us. he posted before and after vids. what else are we looking for?

sometimes the things on this forum make me want to bash my head against a wall

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    darkman- why are you stirring up so many issues? what is your motive for doing so. all you people that have had v's since they were new and never bother to come up with a fix for the hop, even though it bothered you should be the first people in line to be happy for something like this. are you even going to buy these?
    I only have two issues.

The first one is simply that we had two potential vendors bidding down the price, when lighting struck from above and one vendor was effectively told to step aside. That struck me as being right out of the Dick Cheney school of business where monopolies, oligopolies, and no-bid contracts are acceptable substitutes for an otherwise free market. That issue has been resolved since one of the vendors has left the building.

The only other issue is whether these axles are in fact stronger than stock. That issue is pending more information.

And yes, if these axles are stronger than stock (2007 version, which I already have installed on my 2005) I intend to buy them.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I only have two issues.

The first one is simply that we had two potential vendors bidding down the price, when lighting struck from above and one vendor was effectively told to step aside. That struck me as being right out of the Dick Cheney school of business where monopolies, oligopolies, and no-bid contracts are acceptable substitutes for an otherwise free market. That issue has been resolved since one of the vendors has left the building.
    Correction: n2ojunky was never a vendor. A member (not a vendor) who was teasing information but providing no details left the building when someone else stepped up to the plate with some hard facts, pricing, pics and videos.

Starting this thread and mentioning prices in the very first post without being a vendor would have normally been grounds for deletion, but I let it ride because a real wheelhop fix would be such a boon to the community. 10 days later we still didn't even have a picture of the axles, so mpunklil took the initiative to email the manufacturer of the axles and get dynojetman's email, then contacted him to get the scoop. dynojet came in here like a professional, ponied up for proper vendor status, posted pics, vids and prices- all within 24 hours. If n2o hadn't dragged his feet for nearly 2 weeks, he'd be the one arranging the GB right now- that's his doing, not mine.

I suppose I could almost see your point if we were talking about a difference of hundreds of dollars between the two, but an extra 20 or 30 bucks? I can't honestly believe that there's any grief over this, but whatever. After 4 years of no good 1/4 mile times, I'm just looking forward to seeing some real drag launches.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

zie
    zie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well I don't want to drop 1500 I don't really have on something that wont fix the wheel hop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.