Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I think my post explained it fine....
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

I think my post explained it fine.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    And the Moderator (who is not a potential purchaser in this case) gets to pick the higher cost bidder on behalf of the entire group, why?
    Because its the right thing to do for DSS vendors. If you MUST have them for the same price I will do them the same @ 1500ea for you... But DSS is going to have a lot of upset vendors for undercutting them like that which I think is understandable.. I figured most of you would understand why I had to do 1530 because we are allowed to take 10% off and that's it!.. but if you don't like that and feel like your being shorted I will change the price for you . We are talking 30 bucks on a 1500.00 purchase.. It's like pissing in the wind.. It really doesn't matter..It is about the principal behind how a vendor program works..I figured most of you would respect that and pay 30 more when I am already saving you $170.00.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I figured you'd have more than one video already At the very least, how about some pictures of these beasts installed?
    Maybe you can throw in one of those axle seal saver tools?? <- thinking ahead here. Or we can get em from Luke
    I didn't need any axle seal tools.. Everything came out and went in just fine for me.. Yes, I will throw my car on my lift tonight and snap a few pics for you guys and post them up.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post
    Because its the right thing to do for DSS vendors. If you MUST have them for the same price I will do them the same @ 1500ea for you... But DSS is going to have a lot of upset vendors for undercutting them like that which I think is understandable.. I figured most of you would understand why I had to do 1530 because we are allowed to take 10% off and that's it!.. but if you don't like that and feel like your being shorted I will change the price for you . We are talking 30 bucks on a 1500.00 purchase.. It's like pissing in the wind.. It really doesn't matter..It is about the principal behind how a vendor program works..I figured most of you would respect that and pay 30 more.
    Actually, my question had nothing to do with either you or the other guy in this transaction. My question went to whether the Moderator has the authority to pick the winner in an ongoing, ostenibly "free market" transaction as opposed to the customers making that call. As a member of this forum, which is a quasi-community itself, I will go along with whatever group deal comes to fruition.

No harm intended.. I just have to be fair to everyone involved and I am doing my best to give you guys as much savings as possible and I hope you all realize it. I don't know of one other vendor that would do it for less than I am. I want to be a part of this site in a big way.. Because I own one of these cars.. So I am not in it to make a ton of money.. I am here to help fellow V owners out because I am sure I will need help with something sooner or later on mine. The sign up list has been created.. Head on over if you are ready to sign up.

n2ojunky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Talking Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

Here's what getting under my skin, lets say in the beginning my intentions were to market these axles for DSS and make a buck or two in my pocket for a long awaited fix for all of us V owners. I started the thread, you hijacked it the day you joined the forum (24 hours ago) and are now looking to be the one who makes a profit. Here's the deal, can buy the the 10 sets at $14,445.00 to be exact so that equals out to be $1,444.50 plus shipping. So if you guys all want to get in on a group buy, $1444.50 is what I'm willing to go to the DRIVE SHAFT SHOP and place the order out of my pocket and see to it that everyone gets the best deal. Unfortunately I own a Direct Marketing and Media Advertising company and I'm not in the performance parts business to make a profit. Only to help out a great group of guys that are all about helping their fellow V owners out. Or simply get them from Luke in the near futre, as it will be only a matter of time before these are on the shelf in LINDSAYS parts department.

90% of the people are going to pay by card.. do you realize what 3% is of 1500? thats pretty much 50 bucks.. so you take your 1444 + 50 which comes to 1500.. I am selling them for 1530 because I have to be fair to other vendors plus I am taking a small hit on shipping of 12 bucks because its usually 65.00. So yes.. I am making about 20 each on a 1500.00 purchase while doing it legally with a vendorship while still offering to pay someone $100.00 out of my own pocket to come drive my car! I just have to make sure I am not in the hole.. That is why I did the price the way I did. I also have to be fair to other vendors and regardless if you know our costs or not it doesn't matter.. Its the lowest these axles can be sold for on the market so people dont undercut each other. This is the real world.. People must make a profit to stay alive and you of all people should understand that.. What if a guy offered to do your job for free, the job that you do for a living? Is that fair to you? Of course not.. No different with me.

it is the right and fair way to do it. People can't stay in business by undercutting each other and selling them for less than we are allowed too, my hell I am saving you guys almost $250.00 a set! No one should be upset right now, you guys should be giddy as hell... I already priced them as low as I am able to, which is 10% off. I am supposed to make my profit by installing them in my shop, which I wont be doing with this deal and it's fine with me.

He wont sell them to you for that price. He called me after you posted this up and apologized because he wont under cut the people that keeps his business alive. I have to have a business license, tax ID number and a huge buy in to be a vendor.. It's not fair that a regular guy can go off the street and buy them for the same price as me and he realized that. So as a vendor, I am being more fair than any other guy out there... No matter how you slice it, I am about 20-30 more.. But we are doing it legally and the right way and you shouldn't be upset over that. Plus it saves you all the time of doing it since your not making anything to begin with. So why are you so upset? I can't figure it out.. You should be grateful I am not here to screw your fellow friends over..

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    Actually, my question had nothing to do with either you or the other guy in this transaction. My question went to whether the Moderator has the authority to pick the winner in an ongoing, ostenibly "free market" transaction as opposed to the customers making that call.
    I didn't "pick a winner"- dynojetman stepped up and joined as a vendor, which is required to solicit business on this forum. If anyone else wants to sign up as an Authorized Vendor and arrange a group buy on these axles, they're more than welcome to.

n2ojunky said that he wasn't looking to make any money, and my post was simply meant to say "Thanks, but you really don't need to since someone else is already doing it." At no point have I prohibited him from signing up and selling anything- I just don't see the point in two people selling the same product from the same manufacturer at the same price, as all it would do is cause confusion on the forums, slow down shipment of the axles from the manufacturer, and make it take longer to get a full list for a GB.

You're absolutely correct that since I sold my V, I'm not a potential buyer. That means that everything I'm doing in this thread to recruit a vendor and get these axles made is for YOU GUYS.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ojunky
    Here's what getting under my skin, lets say in the beginning my intentions were to market these axles for DSS and make a buck or two in my pocket for a long awaited fix for all of us V owners. I started the thread, you hijacked it the day you joined the forum (24 hours ago) and are now looking to be the one who makes a profit.
    No offense, but that's the risk you run when trying to sell something on-line. You posted some vague info back on the 18th as a tease, but couldn't or wouldn't get videos and detailed info up. In the meantime, someone who already knows the product and has a billing and distribution system in place signed up as a vendor and provided all the info people wanted. If you'd waited to post up until you had all your ducks in a row then he wouldn't have had the ability to "beat you to the punch", but he did.

You're still welcome to sign up as a vendor and sell these axles if you want- no one will stop you, as that wouldn't be fair. It also wouldn't have been fair for us to stop dynojetman from doing so.

Let's face it- if we're really talking about 20 bucks profit each, what's the big deal? This is the most exciting thing to happen with the V's in ages. We've ALL been waiting for this if it turns out to be THE fix. Let's not screw it all up by bickering over a 10 or 20 bucks per order.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    No offense, but that's the risk you run when trying to sell something on-line. You posted some vague info back on the 18th as a tease, but couldn't or wouldn't get videos and detailed info up. In the meantime, someone who already knows the product and has a billing and distribution system in place signed up as a vendor and provided all the info people wanted. If you'd waited to post up until you had all your ducks in a row then he wouldn't have had the ability to "beat you to the punch", but he did.

You're still welcome to sign up as a vendor and sell these axles if you want- no one will stop you, as that wouldn't be fair. It also wouldn't have been fair for us to stop dynojetman from doing so.

Let's face it- if we're really talking about 20 bucks profit each, what's the big deal? This is the most exciting thing to happen with the V's in ages. We've ALL been waiting for this if it turns out to be THE fix. Let's not screw it all up by bickering over a few hundred bucks.

Thank you! Very well said.. I am the one that did all the work here.. I have the first V in America without wheel hop with pictures / vids to prove it. I think I earned this.. Don't you think?

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

My question is has anyone tried leaving an 04-05 axle in and installing one 06-07 axle??? did it do anything??? wouldn't that be the easier fix since both axles already exist?

Quote Originally Posted by nikon View Post
    My question is has anyone tried leaving an 04-05 axle in and installing one 06-07 axle??? did it do anything??? wouldn't that be the easier fix since both axles already exist?
    we talked about this earlier.. 2 things..

1. these new axles are both made with different heat levels to " twist " at different rates.. having a stock axle in there will make the DSS axle not work right.

2. The stock axles don't hold up to 800 HP.. You are just going to bandaid your car by doing that.. I think it will HELP the wheel hop if you do it this way, but it wont cure it.. I am sure of it. The axles are made in pairs for a reason.

Just to make things crystal clear here:

Neither myself or the forums is endorsing one person over another. The facts (right now) are that the first person who signed up as an Authorized Vendor is dynojetman, so at THIS POINT IN TIME, as per forum rules, he is the only one in this thread authorized to be arranging a group buy.

Anyone else who would like to sign up as a Vendor to offer any products or services is welcome to.

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Someone buy me a plane ticket, I got a few bullet cameras and a nice HD camera. I'll go document the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    Someone buy me a plane ticket, I got a few bullet cameras and a nice HD camera. I'll go document the whole thing
    I'll pitch in a fiver.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.