Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by mpunklil All you gotta do is snap one buddy, you know what it feels like lol i'm ...
    stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    All you gotta do is snap one buddy, you know what it feels like lol
    i'm gonna try and keep mine in one piece for as long as possible. job less and buying a diff don't usually mix

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but it would be great if we could get a 3rd party in here to check out his car. This sounds great but just like a million other attempts we had on here...a few said it works but after the parts really get out to the masses, we find that its not really solving the solution. I'm not trying to accuse him of stirring up business or anything, just a simple 3rd party evaluation would really seal the deal for me.

I have no problem at all with anyone from this site wanting to drive my car. You can come drive it as hard as you want.. I have an idea..what if we get a few members that puts 40 bucks or so into a pot and get someone that is " trustworthy & highly respected " from this site and fly him to SLC airport? I will gladly meet him there and go for a 2 hour road trip, then take him back to the air port and send him on his way.

You can video the trip, the car, burn outs, whatever you want to do. I will contribute $100.00 towards the plane ticket myself, I am not sure how expensive tickets are now days but I assume it wont be that bad if you fly southwest or another similar carrier.. I understand trust is earned, not given.. So I will do my part to put some cash towards a plane ticket to help ease you guys.. I will be honest, I would be just as skeptical as all of you if I were in your shoes. So I can't blame you one bit for being skeptical. All I can do is my part to help reassure you all and be upfront and honest with all of you. I am not here to screw anyone over, that is not how I do business.. If I wasn't confident in these axles I would not sell them through my business and put my reputation on the line and I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone from here come drive my car. So if you guys want to work something out like this I have no problem with it. I have nothing to hide.

Is it recommended to use the KARS with the shafts or are the shafts alone enough?

I don't have anything on my car except the Pinion support brace and the GM bushings. I didn't see any wheel hop improvement with the bushings except better handling.. I feel very confident you could stick a pair of these axles in a stock CTS V and it will cure the wheel hop. KARS is not necessary.

Mods... I still can't PM.. can you help me turn it on please? I have a couple PM's from people asking questions and I have no way to reply to them. Thank you.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I had an Admin check on your PMs, and they said they should be working.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

I nominate Voodoo. He has been making the KARS kits, and knows what to look for. I'm sure there are others...this is just who I have seen results out of as well. I'll pitch $10 no problem, and $20 for Voodoo simply because of my confidence in him as well as his burning desire to rid the wheelhop

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

It's gonna take me a while to save up the bucks, but this sounds very interesting.

Not to be a doubting Thomas here, but I have to ask if it is a good assumption that we're seeing a worst-case senario with a V on a dragstrip doing a burnout, it being super sticky and all? I mean, wheelhop would seem to be dependent upon a variety of factors including tire type/size, tread depth, road surface type, coefficient of friction, temperature, etc. I've gotten wheelhop with very light throttle at slow speed on slippery surfaces (snow, wet/rain) ... is this a "fix" regardless of these other variables? If it works on the stickiest of conditions, is that the acid test?

Give me a reason to remain optimistic (which I am, btw ).
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm in on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynojetman View Post

I have no problem at all with anyone from this site wanting to drive my car. You can come drive it as hard as you want.. I have an idea..what if we get a few members that puts 40 bucks or so into a pot and get someone that is " trustworthy & highly respected " from this site and fly him to SLC airport? I will gladly meet him there and go for a 2 hour road trip, then take him back to the air port and send him on his way.

You can video the trip, the car, burn outs, whatever you want to do. I will contribute $100.00 towards the plane ticket myself, I am not sure how expensive tickets are now days but I assume it wont be that bad if you fly southwest or another similar carrier.. I understand trust is earned, not given.. So I will do my part to put some cash towards a plane ticket to help ease you guys.. I will be honest, I would be just as skeptical as all of you if I were in your shoes. So I can't blame you one bit for being skeptical. All I can do is my part to help reassure you all and be upfront and honest with all of you. I am not here to screw anyone over, that is not how I do business.. If I wasn't confident in these axles I would not sell them through my business and put my reputation on the line and I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone from here come drive my car. So if you guys want to work something out like this I have no problem with it. I have nothing to hide.

Is it recommended to use the KARS with the shafts or are the shafts alone enough?

I don't have anything on my car except the Pinion support brace and the GM bushings. I didn't see any wheel hop improvement with the bushings except better handling.. I feel very confident you could stick a pair of these axles in a stock CTS V and it will cure the wheel hop. KARS is not necessary.

Mods... I still can't PM.. can you help me turn it on please? I have a couple PM's from people asking questions and I have no way to reply to them. Thank you.

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    It's gonna take me a while to save up the bucks, but this sounds very interesting.

Not to be a doubting Thomas here, but I have to ask if it is a good assumption that we're seeing a worst-case senario with a V on a dragstrip doing a burnout, it being super sticky and all? I mean, wheelhop would seem to be dependent upon a variety of factors including tire type/size, tread depth, road surface type, coefficient of friction, temperature, etc. I've gotten wheelhop with very light throttle at slow speed on slippery surfaces (snow, wet/rain) ... is this a "fix" regardless of these other variables? If it works on the stickiest of conditions, is that the acid test?

Give me a reason to remain optimistic (which I am, btw ).
    I'm not as skeptical as most, or even necessarily skeptical. Simply a second or third opinion would be nice. After seeing the videos I'm sold honestly. In my V, it didn't care WHAT the conditions were MINUS loose gravel and sand. It always had wheelhop. Then again I'm also running Bridgestone RE050's or something like that. W/ a tread wear rating of 130(?) its gonna hop on anything

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

You can video the trip, the car, burn outs, whatever you want to do. I will contribute $100.00 towards the plane ticket myself, I am not sure how expensive tickets are now days but I assume it wont be that bad if you fly southwest or another similar carrier.. I understand trust is earned, not given.. So I will do my part to put some cash towards a plane ticket to help ease you guys.. I will be honest, I would be just as skeptical as all of you if I were in your shoes. So I can't blame you one bit for being skeptical.

Thanks for being understanding. I appreciate you not taking this personally.
    fwiw, I have a few bullet cameras, hd camera and a few solid state drives. If I wasn't sick as a dog right now, I would be looking at SW tickets to come check out your setup.

Do we have ANY members within your state? Are you in Salt Lake city?

rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

tweeter81 is in wyoming... not sure how far...

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    tweeter81 is in wyoming... not sure how far...
    I mapquested it and I'm only 531 miles away (about 7 hours drive). I think I could maybe make this happen, but not sure how soon (maybe not soon enough for the Forum)...maybe before the end of May if driving there, or possibly even sooner if flying down there.

Is anybody else a lot closer? What does everybody think?

I am 30 min north of SLC..

that we're seeing a worst-case senario with a V on a dragstrip doing a burnout, it being super sticky and all? I mean, wheelhop would seem to be dependent upon a variety of factors including tire type/size, tread depth, road surface type, coefficient of friction, temperature, etc. I've gotten wheelhop with very light throttle at slow speed on slippery surfaces (snow, wet/rain) ... is this a "fix" regardless of these other variables? If it works on the stickiest of conditions, is that the acid test?

Yes, the track is a lot more sticky than the road. It is a lot harder for me to do a burn out at the track because of how sticky it is. If you listen to my video closely when I went against the Neon you will see my car is slowly just spinning the tires until the engine revs up.. Even with them slowly spinning and chirping the tires still didn't hop.. In the vid with the neon I tried way low pressures in my tires. It was like 20 psi which made it even harder to burn out on the VHT surface which is why it takes awhile for my car to start spinning and rev up. In the vid against the Honda I had my pressure way high and it spun and revved up 10000x faster as you will see..

I was just trying tons of different pressures, launches, etc to try and get it to hop.. I have driven my car in the rain and it just spins instantly.. No hop. Same with driving on the street, it will spin before it hops but I can get out of the hole 10x faster with these axles over stock ones if you use the clutch right as you can see with the GTO vid.. even if it spins a little you can launch way easier and faster without it hopping or blowing up a rear end..

The tires on my car are nitto 555s.. Not the drag radials ( 555r ) .. Which is a high performance summer tire. All I can say is my car hopped REALLY bad before and it doesn't now. In any type of driving condition. Tweeter, I am sure the plane ticket is not very expensive since you are so close. How about you guys start looking up plane ticket costs from your location and we will see who is the cheapest. I am not wanting anyone on here to gamble 1500 bucks and make a stupid decision.. I want you to feel confident that your 1500 will fix the problem. As I said, I don't care what member comes.. You guys can decide on that. But since we have so many people interested I think it's best that we find someone that can come quickly and give a report to everyone in the club. That way we can get the order process started soon so everyone can start enjoying their V this summer.

Let me know..

Nathan

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just let me know when we can start getting these ordered...

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

I finally bit the bullet and purchased my dream car ( cts V ) and boy was I happy.. I soon found out that I love the car in every single way.. Except 1.. The wheel hop.. It was insane.. The thud and bouncing from the rear end made me cringe. I couldn't even do a burn out without the thud and shaking of my whole car. This is the first independant rear car I ever owned.. I am used to my old first gen camaros, etc.. Even my twin turbo 540 camaro doesn't wheel hop so this was a whole new thing to me. Never had to deal with it before.

I decided to throw it on my dyno just to see where it stood and it put down 380 WHP.. Pretty pathetic if you ask me for a supercharged LS6.. So of course I tuned it, new intake system, exhaust, headers, high flow cats, etc and bumped the power to a respectable 475 WHP @ 5lbs with a completely stock LS6.. However, once my car made 475 WHP the wheel hop was twice as bad as before, almost to the point of not being able to ever full throttle it. Even when on the roll it would shake and hop. I became very frustrated because I also own a 565 WHP LS7 Camaro and I never had to deal with this before and I was ready to sell the car I was so upset and stick with my solid rear cars.

I called my buddy at GM and he told me about the GM Wheel hop fix.. So I purchased the bushings from him and put them in the car.. I seen absolutely no improvement on wheel hop but a nice improvement with handling.. So I was at least happy about that. So my search continued.. I then went with BMR and threw on the pinion support brace which made the notorious thud go away when you shift and put in the clutch, so I was happy about that. I then put on the BMR wheel hop kit and seen ZERO improvement so I took it off and sold it on ebay. Still on the search for a fix..

I went to the local track and everyone pretty much laughed because the V8 supercharged manual cadillac couldn't even do a burn out.. every time I would try you could just hear it .. Literally impossible to do a burn out ( see attached vid )

So I finally got a hold of DSS and I told him about the car and what I Have done and how unhappy I am with it.. We then decided to use my car as the first test car for these experimental race axles.. I just needed to do a full write up and explain how it went. There was no guarantee they would work but I just didn't care.. I wanted to keep trying to find a cure So I purchased them and had him ship them out. I was out of ideas.. I have done everything I could think of up to this point.
    So you still have your original 04-05 Diff?? no 06-07 diff upgrade..

awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    So you still have your original 04-05 Diff?? no 06-07 diff upgrade..

awesome..
    my diff is still 100% stock minus the axles.

CtsVrod is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade

I'll be passing through SLC in the beginning of July

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.