Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; That is a really good price you posted up n20junky, definately not making a profit on it.. I can take ...
    dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Re: Testing new fix for wheelhop: Custom Axles

That is a really good price you posted up n20junky, definately not making a profit on it.. I can take off 10% for a group purchase to be fair to other distributors and to HIGHLY take care of the members here. if we do 10% off that brings the price to $1530.00.. Which is $170.00 in savings. He said he would do 1500.00 each but he didn't realize this would make all the other distributors in America FURIOUS because he is undercutting them, which is only understandable and fair.

This price is unheard of in the custom axle market.. You guys are getting hooked up big time. As a dealer for DSS I am allowed to take up to 10% off. So if I wanted to make a small profit I would do a 5% or 7% discount.. But since the way the system works is already presented to everyone I will honor the 10% off for all the caddy guys here needing these axles.. Just because I will get more business from all of you in the future, I Have no problem with it. All I ask is please continue to spread the word and if any of your buddies are needing axles to have them give me a call. I appreciate you coming to me and I will do my best to take care of all of you for a long time to come. After all, we are all car guys and are on the same team.

I can probably work out good shipping rates as well to bring the total price including shipping around $1540.00 landed anywhere in USA.. I would hope this is very fair to all of you, this gives me a small profit and should make everyone happy in the end.. I will create a post tonight about the axles so we can get the order process started. Thanks again!

P.S. If anyone has any questions about the install or removal of old axles feel free to give me a call or email me. would be happy to help. My rear differential is completely stock except with these axles and I beat the hell out of mine and it hasn't broken anything yet and I have no wheel hop issues to deal with.. can't ask for more than that..

Nathan Poulsen

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Watching even closer now

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Mod's, can we make his "order form" a sticky? Our wheelhop issue is potentially our most important concern that us V owners have. Maybe do like group buys of 10 a shot Nathen? When one group of 10 is ordered, then set up another group of 10 after that etc., because not everyone here can drop that much coin w/o saving a bit up. Thats my house payment ya know

dynojetman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    Mod's, can we make his "order form" a sticky? Our wheelhop issue is potentially our most important concern that us V owners have. Maybe do like group buys of 10 a shot Nathen? When one group of 10 is ordered, then set up another group of 10 after that etc., because not everyone here can drop that much coin w/o saving a bit up. Thats my house payment ya know

this is exactly what I was thinking.. Once I make the order form let's sticky it up. Lets do them in chunks of 10 or 15.. That way I can continue to honor the same pricing for everyone indefinitely. I agree, this is the #1 problem for us V owners and I am happy to help you all solve it!

p.s. mods.. can you turn on my PM system please..

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

No one reads stickies- I think it's best to keep it here and make a list. You can start a new thread called "Group buy for Wheelhop axles" (or something like that), but as a sticky it will get missed.

When you make the new thread, make a post like the one after this, that way people can quote it and add their name to the list prior to hitting "post reply".
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

1. RangerRob

rjoffe is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Without giving away any trade secrets, can we get some info on materials, hardening, dimensions, etc ? i.e. what are we getting for our ~$1500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Without giving away any trade secrets, can we get some info on materials, hardening, dimensions, etc ? i.e. what are we getting for our ~$1500 ?
    I concur...

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I hate to be "that guy" but it would be great if we could get a 3rd party in here to check out his car. This sounds great but just like a million other attempts we had on here...a few said it works but after the parts really get out to the masses, we find that its not really solving the solution. I'm not trying to accuse him of stirring up business or anything, just a simple 3rd party evaluation would really seal the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but it would be great if we could get a 3rd party in here to check out his car. This sounds great but just like a million other attempts we had on here...a few said it works but after the parts really get out to the masses, we find that its not really solving the solution. I'm not trying to accuse him of stirring up business or anything, just a simple 3rd party evaluation would really seal the deal for me.
    he HAS offered let people drive his car. somebody should take him up on that offer. utah is a bit far from me, especially if im mobbing an 88 Ranger while the V is down hahahaha

68buggy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm definately in on this.

As soon as the GB form is listed I'll jump in.

Question though?????

How have the previous solutions addressed the axle shafts? Does the successful Viper swaps or MADMAN swaps use custom shafts? I'm pretty sure that madman does, but are they different sizes like the ones proposed here?

Is it recommended to use the KARS with the shafts or are the shafts alone enough?

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    1. RangerRob
    2. tweeter81
    I'm pretty sure I'm in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    A perfectly valid point, Nick.

This video he posted seems to show no wheelhop, but I agree that someone else nearby who knows what a wheelhopping V feels like should go for a ride with him just to put everyone's mind at ease.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    A perfectly valid point, Nick.

This video he posted seems to show no wheelhop, but I agree that someone else nearby who knows what a wheelhopping V feels like should go for a ride with him just to put everyone's mind at ease.
    so now the question is....who has broken the most diffs

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    so now the question is....who has broken the most diffs
    All you gotta do is snap one buddy, you know what it feels like lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.