LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Okay guys, getting ready to buy the LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke which includes the flywheel, PP, disk, slave cylinder, ...
    mrchris1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke.

Okay guys, getting ready to buy the LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke which includes the flywheel, PP, disk, slave cylinder, (not sure if it needs a pilot bearing). After some research I'm not sure when a Katech or TPIS spacer needs to be used in addition to extended bolts. Luke says that their kits do not need a spacer and just needs a slight notch to access the bleeder. So to my understanding, if the stock CTS-V slave is reused, a spacer is needed. While Luke's LS7 kit uses a different slave that requires no spacer just a slight notch. Correct? I also plan to use LAPD C6 clutch bleeder kit for easier servicing. http://www.thelapd.com/profile.asp?I...CategoryID=161. I'm planning to install the clutch my self and just want to make sure I have my facts right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

benelliwang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV, C5TT, STi, 70Camaro

Re: LS7 Clutch Kit from Luke.

LS7 Slave = no spacer
    LS1 & LS6 slave = yes spacer
    Others... me don't know

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You know there is a SEARCH option. and plenty of us have done this mod...PN incuded...

Plz take the time and research it...

T.G. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I just had one done. I got the clutch and flywheel shipped from fred beans parts for under $450. I picked up a spacer from Katech for $90. I got a remote bleeder from LAPD for around $60. With this setup, there is no need to notch the case. You will need longer m6 hex head bolts. I sent the shop 2 50mm and 2 40mm bolts that I got from Home Depot. I'm not sure which they used.

Looking back, I think I should have ordered the complete kit from Luke. The only benefit of going the way I did is that I have a remote clutch bleeder, did not have to notch the bell housing, and the peddle feels the same.

945liter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I thought i saw someone post on here that they used an ls1 slave and required no Spacer. I used an ls7 slave but i believe the POS already gave out after 5 months [ no high rpm shifts after 5k jsut get locked out pedal sticks] im not spending 200 on a slave again i will get a refurb 90 dollar one with a warranty from the Zone if i don't need a spacer.

Right on fellas. When I would do I search, the Katech and TPIS spacer was always mentioned. After speaking to Luke, I forgot to ask why the LS7 clutch kit did not need the spacer. I then started thinking that the LS7 kit could be using a different slave. The spacer usage just kept popping up on every search I would do and there was no specific mention that spacer is only to be used with the CTS-V's stock slave. Anyway, I got the answer I needed. Thanks "benelliwang".

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Is there a LS7 clutch install writeup somewhere?

Didn't find a write-up in this forum. I found this article in Google http://www.corvettedoctor.com/CTSV_Z06_Clutch.html. Not sure what they did differently with the slave cylinder as it needs no notching of the case and does not need a spacer. The $995 price on the kit is a bit much though. Could possibly be a LS7 slave as well. This is actually the first time I've seen the slave cylinder installed in the case. Looking at the last picture. Is the bleeder hard line on top and the fluid inlet hard line on the bottom?

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 945liter View Post
    I thought i saw someone post on here that they used an ls1 slave and required no Spacer. I used an ls7 slave but i believe the POS already gave out after 5 months [ no high rpm shifts after 5k jsut get locked out pedal sticks] im not spending 200 on a slave again i will get a refurb 90 dollar one with a warranty from the Zone if i don't need a spacer.

That was me. It comes with an LS1 slave that is longer than the stock V one and eliminates the need for the spacer. I also have the same problem with the LS7 clutch. Mine started after 2 months and 5 track days. I also didn't break it in the way that's recommended, maybe that has something to do with moine not lasting or it was the high temps for extended periods on the track. The problem is the springs inside the disc/pressure plate have heated up and given up. It's pretty common with LS engines/clutches. I have a replacement disc and PP but may be putting in a twin disc instead. If I do, I'll sell you mine cheaper than you can get it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchris1979 View Post
    Didn't find a write-up in this forum. I found this article in Google http://www.corvettedoctor.com/CTSV_Z06_Clutch.html. Not sure what they did differently with the slave cylinder as it needs no notching of the case and does not need a spacer. The $995 price on the kit is a bit much though. Could possibly be a LS7 slave as well. This is actually the first time I've seen the slave cylinder installed in the case. Looking at the last picture. Is the bleeder hard line on top and the fluid inlet hard line on the bottom?

I have the Corvette Doctor system. The last picture on his website shows how he bends the 'bottom' line which is the fluid line from the master, therefore the case doesn't need to be notched. The slave is one that is spec'd for an LS1 application.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

1k for that setup is completely ridiculous. I paid several hundred less and I have an aluminum flywheel! I guess you are just paying for their homework. The point I'm trying to make is there are plenty of guys on here that can tell you what parts you need and you can buy the parts separately for much cheaper.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    1k for that setup is completely ridiculous. I paid several hundred less and I have an aluminum flywheel! I guess you are just paying for their homework. The point I'm trying to make is there are plenty of guys on here that can tell you what parts you need and you can buy the parts separately for much cheaper.
    I actually know him personally and while there is a markup, it's not really that much. It comes with a new steel LS7 flywheel, disc and PP, and a new slave cylinder. Sure you can get the parts seperately for cheaper off the internet.

BTW - I thought there isn't a company out there that makes an aluminum flywheel for an LS7. Where did you find one?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I actually know him personally and while there is a markup, it's not really that much. It comes with a new steel LS7 flywheel, disc and PP, and a new slave cylinder. Sure you can get the parts seperately for cheaper off the internet.

BTW - I thought there isn't a company out there that makes an aluminum flywheel for an LS7. Where did you find one?
    I guess the extra addition is the slave. I didn't have to buy a new one. Got a new stock slave under warranty and a spacer made for free.

Here is were I bought my flywheel. That is not a pic of the actual flywheel. Its looks much different.

http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=57916

T.G. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I think luke's kit comes with a slave and everything for under $600.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    You know there is a SEARCH option. and plenty of us have done this mod...PN incuded...

Plz take the time and research it...
    The problem with the search is that is turns up everything from bleeding, to brake lines, to weird electrical problems. Searching does not always work.

This thread seems to have some info in it:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tch-cts-v.html

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

LS7 clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder is $635.00 plus shipping. when using the new slave cyl you do not need a spacer. you will need to slightly notch the bell housing and reuse your existing bleeder
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.