Headers install cost?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Headers install cost? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; How much have people been charged to have headers installed? I'm guessing it takes 4-6 hours at about $40-80 and ...
    surfera007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Headers install cost?

How much have people been charged to have headers installed? I'm guessing it takes 4-6 hours at about $40-80 and hour.

I really want to do it myself but am also feeling really lazy too these days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Headers install cost?

I got a quote just to see how much it would cost. 400 bucks for both sides. I decided to do it with some help from our mechanics at work and use the money to tune it. We have a 4 post lift at work, so it makes it easier.

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by surfera007 View Post
    How much have people been charged to have headers installed? I'm guessing it takes 4-6 hours at about $40-80 and hour.

I really want to do it myself but am also feeling really lazy too these days.
    my local place has just quoted me a maximum of 5 hours...although @ $75/hour that is pretty difficult to swallow!

Even if I knew how to wrench (which I don't), I live in an apartment and I highly doubt they would be too cool with me installing headers outside in our parking lot

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    my local place has just quoted me a maximum of 5 hours...although @ $75/hour that is pretty difficult to swallow!

Even if I knew how to wrench (which I don't), I live in an apartment and I highly doubt they would be too cool with me installing headers outside in our parking lot
    A very reputable race shop quoted me 3-5 hours. I'm going to ask them for a more accurate quote once I have the headers in my hands. They built the grand am CTS-V racers so they know what they're doing.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Took me something like nine hours in my garage split between two days. I'm DEFINITELY no mechanic, however. Three hours would be too optimistic, IMHO ... five for a pro would be more like it.

Heck, avoiding the anguish associated with reinserting the dipstick tube would be worth $400 all by itself!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    A very reputable race shop quoted me 3-5 hours. I'm going to ask them for a more accurate quote once I have the headers in my hands. They built the grand am CTS-V racers so they know what they're doing.
    My 5 hour quote doesn't even cover the "test & tune"....thats an extra $350!!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

"Heck, avoiding the anguish associated with reinserting the dipstick tube would be worth $400 all by itself! "

I have you all beat.

I almost set the car on fire and slashed the crap out of my hand.

WTF happened?

I was removing the passenger side and the old gasket (which is steel) slipped out and fell right across the starter motor B+.

POOF!

It burst into flames!!!!

It cut through my hand like a hot knife through butter when I reached down to move it.

So......

Disconnect the battery before you work on it!

"The last trip to MOD HELL can be the emergency room"

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    My 5 hour quote doesn't even cover the "test & tune"....thats an extra $350!!
    Yeah neither does mine. I'm just going to get a canned tune for now for W4M.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    "Heck, avoiding the anguish associated with reinserting the dipstick tube would be worth $400 all by itself! "

I have you all beat.

I almost set the car on fire and slashed the crap out of my hand.

WTF happened?

I was removing the passenger side and the old gasket (which is steel) slipped out and fell right across the starter motor B+.

POOF!

It burst into flames!!!!

It cut through my hand like a hot knife through butter when I reached down to move it.

So......

Disconnect the battery before you work on it!

"The last trip to MOD HELL can be the emergency room"
    Damn! That's part of the reason I don't wana do it myself but not you got a good story

Does anyone in LA know of a good + low cost shop/person that can do this for me?

I may be getting ahead of myself from talking to a couple people, but I'm debating between cam/package/tune vs headers with about $1500 to work with.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Bring it to Indiana, and I'll do it for $200!

If a mechanic was quoting it shouldn't take more than 4 hours. Call a couple different shops and ask them how long it should it take.

Quote Originally Posted by surfera007 View Post
    Does anyone in LA know of a good + low cost shop/person that can do this for me?

I may be getting ahead of myself from talking to a couple people, but I'm debating between cam/package/tune vs headers with about $1500 to work with.
    Give Jeff a call.

818-998-4410

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

dang heavy I didn't even think of that shorting out.... I bet your heart missed a beat... or two.

You can laugh about it now though right?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I don't know how hard it is to install other headers, but the B&B was incredibly easy to put on. The hard part was getting around to taking off the stock headers. I took a very long time because I'm incredibly slow and deliberate on first time jobs. About 10 hours. But if I needed to get the headers off for a motor mount or clutch job, I know I could get them off and on in 4 hours.

A mechanic shouldn't need more than 4 if he's got a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    dang heavy I didn't even think of that shorting out.... I bet your heart missed a beat... or two.

You can laugh about it now though right?
    Yeah, I laugh about it everytime I find an old bloodstain in the engine compartment.

There is a reason why it is called MOD HELL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.