Headers install cost? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Headers install cost? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by justin311 HOLY CRAP those spark plug wires are on there good. I pulled a couple off, but ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Headers install cost?

Quote Originally Posted by justin311 View Post
    HOLY CRAP those spark plug wires are on there good. I pulled a couple off, but makin a trip to sears for a set of the pliers. Did you guys gap your plugs at .040 inches? I'm putting the NGK Irridium plugs in.
    The spark plug boot puller are a must anytime you're messin with those wires.

Stock gap is fine for N/A

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Oh yeah. If you pull the engine out, you dont have to remove the steering shaft to install the kooks. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Might save you all some time! lol
    You should have told us!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

HOLY CRAP those spark plug wires are on there good. I pulled a couple off, but makin a trip to sears for a set of the pliers. Did you guys gap your plugs at .040 inches? I'm putting the NGK Irridium plugs in.
    They all have that gap. Be careful, those tips are fragile...

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I'm convinced that Luke at Lindsay is the first person I will call if I need a part. It's like CTS-V is a mythical creature to some parts departments. I'm a little tipsy right now from the vodka, but I know Luke is KICK A$$. I stripped the jacket on one of my plug wires, WHO DO YA CALL LUKE BUTLER!!!!!!!! My dealer tries to sell me an entire set, even though the warehouse in TN has them in stock uggggggghhhhhhh. I did get the UUC mounts in and pretty much the entire header install 75% done. I had problems with a 02 sensor, but it will be taken care of on monday. Oh yeah, one of my motor mounts was crapped out too (leaking crap). ABSOLUT is so GOOOOOOODDDD. The STAGE 8 locking header bolts look like they are going to work out really good. I've got some pics on my phone, but it is just going to take to much time to do it half lite. I'm pretty PISSED cause I missed a 2k maggie kit, but I did pick up the last KARS III kit this week. hehe Try and get one of those T.I. Oh yeah, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! All the threads with the "HEADS UP" advice worked out great. Can't wait to hear my LS6 breathe.

I'm convinced that Luke at Lindsay is the first person I will call if I need a part. It's like CTS-V is a mythical creature to some parts departments. I'm a little tipsy right now from the vodka, but I know Luke is KICK A$$. I stripped the jacket on one of my plug wires, WHO DO YA CALL LUKE BUTLER!!!!!!!! My dealer tries to sell me an entire set, even though the warehouse in TN has them in stock uggggggghhhhhhh. I did get the UUC mounts in and pretty much the entire header install 75% done. I had problems with a 02 sensor, but it will be taken care of on monday. Oh yeah, one of my motor mounts was crapped out too (leaking crap). ABSOLUT is so GOOOOOOODDDD. The STAGE 8 locking header bolts look like they are going to work out really good. I've got some pics on my phone, but it is just going to take to much time to do it half lite. I'm pretty PISSED cause I missed a 2k maggie kit, but I did pick up the last KARS III kit this week. hehe Try and get one of those T.I. Oh yeah, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! All the threads with the "HEADS UP" advice worked out great. Can't wait to hear my LS6 breathe.
    a little tipsy?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    a little tipsy?

Good thing he didn't have his credit card in hand and see a maggie for sale last night. That's okay, Justin ... most of us are hittin' the bottle at 7 pm on a Friday evening.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

Good thing he didn't have his credit card in hand and see a maggie for sale last night. That's okay, Justin ... most of us are hittin' the bottle at 7 pm on a Friday evening.
    You pass out at 7:15, then? Just getting off the couch??

You pass out at 7:15, then? Just getting off the couch??
    Only two drinks, usually a decent cabernet, for me. But, admittedly, I've reached for my credit card about then on more than one occasion.

I wonder how much internet commerce is from drunken shoppers. :scary:

I'm so happy with my headers. That is a must. Sounds great when WOT and just right on interstate. Those UUC motor mounts are awesome too!!!!!

so far no problems with mine. but i prepare for the worst...

The only thing I noticed is that the catted pipes pushed the corsa back. I might take a little off so they will fall back towards the front of the car. One tip is higher too. Any ideas?

ditch it for a full B&B...

ccextra1976 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V raven black

ditch it for a full B&B...
    I'm about to get rid of my corsa mufflers, they drive me nuts with the pop'n sound. I'm thinking about welding in flowmaster or SLP's

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

The only thing I noticed is that the catted pipes pushed the corsa back. I might take a little off so they will fall back towards the front of the car. One tip is higher too. Any ideas?
    Yeah, a combination of rubber hangar placement and twisting the muffler connections. When I got my car back from gettng a new diff the dealer had one of my mufflers way up and the other way down. A quick loosening of the exhaust bolts, a little twist of the rear muffler section, and I was good to go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.