BMR Wheel Hop Kit (Now Avail) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, BMR Wheel Hop Kit (Now Avail) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Do you need to have the rear end alignment done after installing the kit??...
    JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: BMR Wheel Hop Kit (Now Avail)

Do you need to have the rear end alignment done after installing the kit??

WhiteLightning is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just checked.

The "anti-hop" doesn't need an alignment. Nor do the trailing arms...

Just the toe rods.

WL

CTSVLS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi, I received my kit today and just got done installing it. They sent directions with the kit and it was not to bad to install. I don't have a hoist so I put the frount of the car on jack stands and raised the rear up and put three 2x10's under the back wheels and left it down. Then I put a floor jack under the rear cradle to suport it and installed the parts. Took the car out for the test- I turned off the traction controll and stood on it from rolling start, power shifted to 2nd, no wheel hop just tire spin, power shifted to 3rd, no wheel hop just tire spin. Then I came to different road and tried the same thing again. I got the same result, NO WHEEL HOP. I haven't tried it from a dead stop but I usually don't do burnouts anyway. To me the kit works great for what I wanted. I still have the orgional tires but they are better than half gone allready. I rotated them once at 4400 miles, so I guess the next thing will be new tires, since I can now spin them. Thanks to Frank and BMR for a great product. I should be hearing from Corsa any day as Jim said the system should be ready around the middle of the month. They used my car for there test mule and I can't wait to have it installed.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by jl88
    ...the larger wheel will just exaggerate the fender gap. It'll give the car a "raised" appearance.
    ????? ??????
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Good news.
    I received the kit yesterday, short a few aluminum bushings. Those came a day later. I will do the install this weekend.
    Thanks to Rabid, I also have his OEM shifter. BTW $152 new from GM. I am going to replace the bushings with urethane all around and see if it tightens things up! The shifter appears to be swaged to a shaft with rubber inside (more isolation)I will post pics when I disassemble it.

jspinetto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I finally got my missing two bushings in and was able to get the kit installed. There is NO WHEEP HOP AT ALL! I dropped the clutch from about 4500-5000 and the tires just spun and then slammed 2nd and they spun some more and then oh sh** i ran out of road!

Great kit for the money though there is some increased road noise in the cabin. Now I wonder how long it will be until my non-leaking diff becomes a leaking diff ?

Jonathan

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Increased road noise? How does that come about from this kit.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Increased road noise? How does that come about from this kit.
    Looking at the makeup of the kit on the BMR site, it replaces a bunch of rubber-bushed stuff in the OE rear suspension with solid bushings/bearings/rod ends - so it's not too surprising that it'd increase NVH.

jspinetto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

He's right.

When you install the kit you are basically replacing the bushings on all 4 corners of the suspension mount. Instead of nice rubber, they are now replaced with very solid metal. This is what transfers noise into the cabin up through the wheels, and makes everthing so stiff so there is no hop.

Jonathan

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

How bad would you say the noise is? It must have been fairly pronounced for you to notice it, unless you ran with the radio off and listened after the install.

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

And what about affect on handling? The bar that goes across the car should stiffen up the rear a litlle (increasing oversteer??)...

riverrat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black/Black

Just ordered the kit myself after hopping while getting on the highway couple of days ago. Waited for motor break-in period and a couple hundred extra miles for my new rear end to set and the first time I got on it going down a ramp hop at 2nd gaer shift, hop at third I knew there better be a cure this sucks.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If u guys want ill try to get a group buy on this item

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Other than the increased noise level, how much does this effect the overall feel of the car? Ride quality, cornering, etc.?

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

If u guys want ill try to get a group buy on this item

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.