katech vrs VRX3 Cam anyone running these?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, katech vrs VRX3 Cam anyone running these?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Why would ccexrta not go ahead and get the 1 7/8 headers instead of the 1 3/4 headers?...
    Cowan480 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: katech vrs VRX3 Cam anyone running these??

Why would ccexrta not go ahead and get the 1 7/8 headers instead of the 1 3/4 headers?

GUNRDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Because unless your running a 402 stroker or bigger with monster cam you don't need 1 7/8 primaries. 1 3/4 are more than enough with a moderate cam stock cube motor. You would more than likely kill your torque numbers with 1 7/8 headers.

frank

ccextra1976 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V raven black

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRDY View Post
    Because unless your running a 402 stroker or bigger with monster cam you don't need 1 7/8 primaries. 1 3/4 are more than enough with a moderate cam stock cube motor. You would more than likely kill your torque numbers with 1 7/8 headers.

frank
    that was my thought process of why I'm going to run the 1 3/4....also the cam I decided to have PatG grind is going to be made with balance across the entire range...I'm trying to build my NA motor so I dont loose any power down low and gain to redline. I know it won't be the fastest thing out there, but it suits what I'm looking for

Cowan480 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

ccextra!!! Where are you on the order? have you figured everything out yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Cowan480 View Post
    ccextra!!! Where are you on the order? have you figured everything out yet??
    I have to call luke tomorrow and see if I can get in on the kooks buy, he is killing me with all "sale group buy items" lol....
    And once my bank account recovers from that, I will order the cam/springs and lifters from...hopefully uncle sam is good to me on my return I spent 6 months in the sandbox so it should be a good tax year!

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

6 months thats all? Dude i live in the sandbox...Plus if you wanted a tax break i would have stayed out for 335 days, then all the money you made is TAX FREE...

If you are gonna do mods, start with all the problematic ones, then go for the luxury items...Motor mounts, diff bushin, and shifter...

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    6 months thats all? Dude i live in the sandbox...Plus if you wanted a tax break i would have stayed out for 335 days, then all the money you made is TAX FREE...

If you are gonna do mods, start with all the problematic ones, then go for the luxury items...Motor mounts, diff bushin, and shifter...

ya but you are miss two important factors in life over there

I figure it this way...I paid good money for a warranty...so they can replace the mounts/diff and bushings until the warranty runs out...then I will go UUC but that wont be for another 38,XXX miles

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

True, but i appreciate them more when i get them...

As for the mods, take my word for it, why worry about takin it in for the same job when you know of a sure fix...

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

Go to Vengeance, get the VRX!

They did my 06' LS2 powered V. Dyno on a hot muggy GA summer day (outside ambient 98F - humidity 80%, dyno room felt like hell it was so hot) put down 400/400 to the wheels. Love winter - good dry cold air getting through the throttle body lets the VRX really enhance the driving experience. No problem to use as a DD. I have approximately 16k on the package with no issues. If I keep reasonable highway speeds on realtively flat roads I still see around 24'ish mpg (of coarse my avg is in the toilet because sometimes I am a bit unreasonable)

Since the cam, headers, B&B, UUC, CAI and custome tune, I had Vengeance do a Textralia clutch/flywheel package. Phenominal throttle response, and wow, does it hook-up They have great customer service support, proactive follow-up and a fun place to sit around and bench race.

As Cowan said.....call Ron, tell him I said to name drop.....

JonCR96Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT

Here's one to try. It's a Pat G speced cam that has been used in several applications. In this thread it is an 03 Z06. The actual specs are in post #15

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamo...guess-cam.html

Unkie Barrels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 12race View Post
    ...put down 400/400 to the wheels.
    How much did it cost you to get to that number? And was that number after all your mods or just from the cam and exhaust?

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Unkie Barrels View Post
    How much did it cost you to get to that number? And was that number after all your mods or just from the cam and exhaust?
    I'm betting that was after cam, headers & tune. You're going to want a tune after any cam swap, some claim no tuning required, but it's definitely required after installing headers so might as well do them all together and get the package tuned. Regardless, 400/400 to the rears is a real good number, while retaining the driveability too.

JonCR96Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT

I did 402/387 with bolt ons. If you like bragging about dyno numbers you should really set your sights higher than 400.

Quote Originally Posted by JonCR96Z View Post
    Here's one to try. It's a Pat G speced cam that has been used in several applications. In this thread it is an 03 Z06. The actual specs are in post #15

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamo...guess-cam.html
    Thank you,

this is an awesome write-up, and seems to fit overall goals of what I plan for the V, headers (no CATS)/cam/ intake (Stealthv tube/K&N drop in) and ported TB

seems to keep the stock drivability and not lose any #'s in the bottom end, but great gains from 2.5k up

224/230 .609/.604 113+2 these are the specs from PatG
    224/228 .609”/.588” 111LSA +0 advance trukk's cam PatG

not a guru on cams yet lol...besides idle and little more on the exhaust they would seem to perform relativity close?

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Unkie Barrels View Post
    $4500 for headers, push rods, springs, harmonic balancer, cam, CAI, tune, misc stuff, install and dyno run (I purchased UUC shifter on my own they put it in). Could be plus or minus a little for something I may have missed.

B&B was seperate project (3" stainless w/resonator) - gets lots of compliments on exhaust note and performance. Have about $1800 in that because I had the dealer of all people put it on as part of a wheel package ($1000 upgrdade to chrome caddy wheels).

Textralia clutch/flywheel with new slave cylinder. billet spacer, Hawk brake pads, BMR wheel hop (BTW - the bar with BMR kit does not fit B&B w/resonator set-up, used the bushings and have a nice paper weight) was another pile of cash, forget exact number.

If you turn your own wrenches, you could save a few bucks. For me time is money and the value to me is having a pro do it right the first time. Vengeance is 20 minutes from my house. Stuff that is supposed to "bolt on" inevitably needs to be persuaded to fit sometime and uncertainty on how much persuation has cost me in the past...

As everyone always says....welcome to mod hell, once you are on a roll, its hard to stop....thus I am already talking to Vengeance about more stuff.....(NOS, heads, FAST, suspension ......... ah WTF, LS7 bolts up, right? )

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.