Maggie with bad bearings, pulling it off and might need help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie with bad bearings, pulling it off and might need help!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Cowan480 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Maggie with bad bearings, pulling it off and might need help!!

OK Guys, as most of you know once again I have bad bearings in the maggie . I just received the box from Magnacharger today and I will be pulling it off Friday afternoon. This is my first time working on the V myself, but with the bad luck I have had with the bearings I feel I must learn how to do it myself.

Is there anyone out there who has step-by-step directions to remove the Maggie and send it to Magna? Also, I would like to know if any of you would like to be on stand-by (by phone) if I was to need any help pulling if off. If so, please PM me with your contact information. I would prefer to call someone who does his or her own work and has done this before.

I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing a write up for everyone because I donít think there is anything in the Faq regarding the removal. As always, thanks in advance!!!

Cowan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Maggie with bad bearings, pulling it off and might need help!!

No problem.

PM me for contact details.

Get some wine corks for the intercooler hoses as that will be the biggest source of leakage.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I believe the installation instructions are on their website (PDF file?). That might be your best bet.

PM sent.

Randy, thanks for the PM and I have the install manual.

Heavy, Do you not have to drain the innercooler? I'm worried about the fuel lines also.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Don't sweat it.

No you don't have to drain the intercooler and the fuel spillage is mimimal, but you should have some mop up rags for the slight spillage that is gonna happen.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

pm sent.

I imagine if you haven't done the installation yourself, the idea of removing it can probably sound like a daunting task. I hope this list I made helps and that I didn't leave anything really important out, but from my memory of the two removals and three installations I've done on this darn thing, there really isn't too much to this process. I noted some step #s from from this document that you'll want to use as a reference: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...stall-revb.pdf

1. 176-180 - air tube and intercooler coolant hose removal. Use wine corks to cap the intercooler hoses.

2. Remove the belt using a 15mm wrench on the tensioner pulley. (attached the wrench, then push it toward the driver side of the car to release the tension and then slip the belt off.

3. Unbolt the three 10 mm bolts holding the throttle body to the supercharger. A long 1/4 inch drive size will work best for the lower throttle body bolts. You can leave the hoses attached to the TB, and then swing it straight down behind the radiator fans and out of the way.

4. 53,55,142-145 - release the fuel line pressure (the fuel pressure release valve is in the middle of the passenger side fuel rail with a black plastic screw-cap on it)

5. 125-136 - you've got a lot of hoses to remove, pull them all off and label them so you remember where they go later.

6. 122-123 - coil pack connectors and fuel injector electrical connectors. Use a flathead screwdriver to help push the metal release clips on the fuel injector electrical connections. They can be hard to get to with your fingers.

7. 107-114 - in step 110, removing the fuel manifold will release more fuel, do that after you pull the maggie. I tipped the maggie and drained the remaining fuel into a cup. Make sure you save that little black o-ring in a ziplock bag. I removed these pieces when I took mine off to make sure they weren't damaged in shipping, and to make sure they didn't get lost. I did the same thing with the MAP sensor in steps 112-113

8. 118 - 119 - there are ten 10 mm bolts holding the supercharger to the block. Remove them and have someone to help you lift it off. I think there are a couple bolts that you can't completely remove because of the angle. You'll understand when you get there.

9. I would ask Magnuson for brand new intake manifold gaskets and a throttle body gasket for the re-install.

TIP - when you disconnect the fuel line, it will want to leak a bunch of fuel if you let it just hang there. I suggest wrapping the end up in shop towels and then taping or rubber-banding the towels over the end, and then stuff it somewhere where it will stay upright and not leak fuel all over the block.

Sorry if I missed anything, but feel free to call if you get stuck.

-Tom

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    of the two removals and three installations

-Tom
    And you only had it a few months

6. When you take off the fuel injector connections, look inside them. You'll see little rubber gaskest (forgot the color). They can just fall out, so be carefull with them.

As for the manifolg gasket, you might wanna send it in the box with a note. They keep sennding out the wrong ones.

Hope you've got at least one helper. If not, you'll lift your feet right off the floor trying to lift it by yourself.

Also, other than a bunch of rags, I don't think there's much you can do about coolant draining out of the intercooler. I bought my maggie used, and it was still dripping coolant until the day I put it on the motor.

BTW, Tom did a bang-up job highlighting the pertinent steps in the manual.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Good luck man, I dont envy you for damn sure.

So, any update? Did it go smoothly yesterday?

Sorry no update, I had to change my plans. I will post something as soon as I get started. I do apperciate all of the input thus far!!

Maggie is coming off today!!!! I am scared!! haha but I know I can do it. First three questions.
    1. How do I release the fuel pressure and where is it located?
    2. Is there a tool that I need to release fuel pressure?
    3. What fuids are going to spill?
    4. What about the injectors, do they come off?

Thanks

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by Cowan480 View Post
    Maggie is coming off today!!!! I am scared!! haha but I know I can do it. First three questions.
    1. How do I release the fuel pressure and where is it located?
    2. Is there a tool that I need to release fuel pressure?
    3. What fuids are going to spill?
    4. What about the injectors, do they come off?

Thanks
    1. Think it was the passenger side, where the fuel line (the one that makes the big u-turn) connects to the fuel rails. It should have a plastic cap on it.
    2. You don't need a tool to release the pressure. Just put a rag under it, and push in the valve with a screwdriver.
    2a. You will need a tool to release the fuel line from the fuel rail on the Maggie. It comes with the Maggie. Little round, white piece of plastic. Check the manual for pics.
    3. Little bit of fuel onto the rag. Some anti-freeze, but not much. Remember to drain the Maggie after you take it out.
    4. Injectors stay on the Maggie. Just unclip them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.