MTI X-Pipe = !Resonator
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, MTI X-Pipe = !Resonator in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone installed a MTI x-pipe in place of the resonator yet? This would appear to be a cost effective mod ...
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

MTI X-Pipe = !Resonator

Anyone installed a MTI x-pipe in place of the resonator yet? This would appear to be a cost effective mod for improved exhaust flow. My concern would be drone at highway speeds.

http://www.motorsporttech.com/cts-v_engine01.asp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Re: MTI X-Pipe = !Resonator

... it was a major b*tch to get those pictures to be postable... :coolgleam

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Doesn't the Corsa package take care of that? If not, how much is it. When I do exhaust I suppose I will need one.

The Corsa package gets rid of the resonator. This would be for someone who is looking for the ~$150 mod and use the stock rear pipes & mufflers, this seems like a good option.

Thanks for the pics Dreamin, MTI tried to keep us from having them.

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Re: MTI X-Pipe = !Resonator

Is MTI selling the x-pipe separately. It looks like it is only available as part of a package or did I miss something?

The x-pipe appears to be a generic one (perhaps from the C5?) since it is not the proper length to match the resonator. One made for the V would have longer pipes and slip right in and not require the four extra lengths of pipe they cobbled together in there.

If someone made one the right length, I'd be all over it. Unless, of course, I find some money laying around for the Corsa.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    The x-pipe appears to be a generic one (perhaps from the C5?) since it is not the proper length to match the resonator. One made for the V would have longer pipes and slip right in and not require the four extra lengths of pipe they cobbled together in there.

If someone made one the right length, I'd be all over it. Unless, of course, I find some money laying around for the Corsa.
    Summit Racing Equipment sells a generic X-pipe that would work - but you'd still have to cobble together the extensions. Too bad the resonator doesn't have flanges to make a true bolt in.

jim mitchell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for making the effort...considered the possibility of doing same when I had mine up on the lift last weekend. The Corsa cat-back system a lot of us have been waiting on is suppossed to include an x-pipe arrangement...but I'm getting tired of waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Does anybody know if this affects the warranty?

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    Does anybody know if this affects the warranty?

Assuming you are being serious, aftermarket mods can affect your warranty if the manufacturer can prove that your mods caused damage to the item being fixed under warranty. Alot of this depends on YOUR dealer and their service department. Your actual rights are backed up by law, under the Moss-Magnusson Act. However, for all those who claim Moss-Magnusson and want to fight the good fight, common sense can help. An exhaust system or individual exhaust components from the cat-back... not a problem. Depending on their fit, headers can be blamed for heat problems. Intakes used to be OK with many dealers, until the manufacturers found that the re-oiling of performance filters (i.e. K&N) sometimes fouled their MAFs and other intake components. Heads, cams, forced induction, you are seriously putting any engine warranty work into doubt. Computer programming has also come under fire.

Flame all you want, but paying a lawyer while your car is in a million pieces for a LONG time is not meant to be alot of fun... I have heard of guys with M5 and Z06 who went through this over bent valves and the like. Not fun.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thank you, I am serious. I am willing to do a few things to the car as long as it does not affect the warranty. Of course I will ask the dealer first, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has done this or might know before I ask.

Looks great...but how about the bottom line..."sound"...is the difference noticible? Without the resonator - does the sound "resonate" or drone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin

Looks great but how does it Sound??? Did you leave the factory mufflers in place???

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    Anyone installed a MTI x-pipe in place of the resonator yet? This would appear to be a cost effective mod for improved exhaust flow. My concern would be drone at highway speeds.

http://www.motorsporttech.com/cts-v_engine01.asp

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell
    Looks great but how does it Sound??? Did you leave the factory mufflers in place???
    Hi Jim,

I posted my X-Pipe experience here;
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188971

When I contacted MTI they wanted 200 dollars for theirs. I was able to find a Stainless Steel Magnaflow 2.5 for 70 shipped here;
    http://www.completeexhaust.com/produ...products_id=39

It cost me 60 to get installed and am very happy with the results.

Cliff

Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This sounds like a good mod, but does Corsa ehaust cover this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.