Air filter mod and AFR heads net 409 rwhp on ls6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Air filter mod and AFR heads net 409 rwhp on ls6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on the updates of the ls6 motor. Here's the report from ...
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Air filter mod and AFR heads net 409 rwhp on ls6

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on the updates of the ls6 motor.

Here's the report from the owner. (not me)

Stano, A corvette owner wanted to make more power without sacraficing comfort or drivability. Basically, he wanted the car to act completely stock, just have a bunch more power. Living in CA, he also didnt want to deal with exhaust mods (long tube headers.etc) that would cause me problems with the " smog police". he saw the numbers posted with the AFR heads when they made over 470 hp LAPD's dyno so he decided to call LAPD and see what they could do he spoke with Al and discussed his goals and what he was trying to accomplish. To be honest, he was really hoping just to make over 400hp at the rear wheel and retain all the stock drivability. Al thought we could make that number with just the addition of the new AFR heads, in conjunction with his recent tuning & cold air intake. In a nutshell he was right....We made 409 hp and 391 ft lbs and all he can say is the car feels incredible! Power was up across the board over the entire dyno run.
    Bottom line, his stock Z06 with the addition of the new AFR heads and cold air intake is making somewhere around 475 hp

2002 Z06 owners now have a nice option and adding headers should give around 425 at the rear wheels!

Nice mod..

Cost: 2300 for the heads..
    approximately 8 hours of labor..(350 to 450 dollars)
    Ls1edit (300 to 500)

Sell LS6 heads for around 800 and net cost..

1800 to 2300 dollars to get 475 at the flywheel!

Add headers and your over 500 at the flywheel..

Not a bad deal...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Air filter mod and AFR heads net 409 rwhp on ls6

You are dramatically playing with the emissions when you change heads, and with out changing the exhaust, you are causing more of a restriction in the exhaust which will lead to higher EGT's and a hotter running motor. The key to making more HP is flow in , out , and through the motor. There are consequences to just helping 2 of the 3. 409rwhp through the stock exhaust with heads and intake sounds normal with any set of aftermarket heads. I'll bet he could now pick up (depending on how radical the heads are) 75-100hp just by doing headers and exhaust.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

The gentlemen who did this to his Z06 is thrilled with the result.

Just thought I'd pass this along and I happen to agree headers would be a good move in freeing up an extra 20hp..

Just shooting the breeze on whats been done so far.

I'm sure with this report that in the near future someone with headers will attempt a similiar mod and report back.

Just a heads up on whats going on with the ls6 motor in Z06's

Thought it might be of interest to other ls6 engined cars such as the CTS V.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I may consider the heads when I do the Kooks. Of course I'm still praying they make those!

Noone has yet talked me out of a 427cid though!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.