Any one thought of a rear mount turbo in the trunk tub??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Any one thought of a rear mount turbo in the trunk tub?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; This guy modified a universal STS turbo kit but for an 03cts but it looks to me the exact same ...
    LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Any one thought of a rear mount turbo in the trunk tub??

This guy modified a universal STS turbo kit but for an 03cts but it looks to me the exact same setup (almost) could be used on the V as well. But I know STS sucks but it cant be that hard to duplicate the piping and oiling system. Either way it just seems very simple and could work for a person on a budget that has some Skills.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

p0ng0rs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Black on Black CTS-V

Re: Any one thought of a rear mount turbo in the trunk tub??

Given the ability to fabricate whatever you need a rear-turbo setup isn't a bad option for any car especially with motors that see big gains from lower PSI, and virtually eliminates the need for an IC. If you don't have a full shop at your (free) disposal, though, I would expect that option to run more $ in labor than a mass-produced specific application kit. My roommate did it on his 07 rabbit with a free small mitsu turbo and it came out great.

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Isn't that dumba$$ on ls1tech doing a rear kit and modding the tub?

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Did he just cut it out?! Road noise, exhaust, etc.. coming into the trunk?

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    Isn't that dumba$$ on ls1tech doing a rear kit and modding the tub?
    Who knows?? he is a tard . Natural Selection Defiantly failed with that guy.

This was 03cts's car and he did it a while ago and its been running for a few months now

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Just as a heads up i Called STS turbo about a week and a half ago to talk to them about a system for the V's being that they make it for just about everything else and half way through me talking he told me that they are finishing up the first CTS-V TWIN TURBO kit for our car...

i then went on to ask price and power... he said probably about $8500 and being that the C5 Z06s make 750hp he expects the numbers to very close to that.

he also went on to say that the 1st 5 kits shipped will be at a $500 discount so that you can give feedback on the kit saying to bend this pipe a little more or move this clamp here... ya know!

so this is what i am looking into very shortly, as i have had past experience with their WS6 kit and Z06 kit!!! they sound Awesome and power is outrageous!!!

FYI: i didn't put any of this info on LS1 Tech just because of those few goonies! i want to see them screw up!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    Just as a heads up i Called STS turbo about a week and a half ago to talk to them about a system for the V's being that they make it for just about everything else and half way through me talking he told me that they are finishing up the first CTS-V TWIN TURBO kit for our car...

i then went on to ask price and power... he said probably about $8500 and being that the C5 Z06s make 750hp he expects the numbers to very close to that.

he also went on to say that the 1st 5 kits shipped will be at a $500 discount so that you can give feedback on the kit saying to bend this pipe a little more or move this clamp here... ya know!

so this is what i am looking into very shortly, as i have had past experience with their WS6 kit and Z06 kit!!! they sound Awesome and power is outrageous!!!

FYI: i didn't put any of this info on LS1 Tech just because of those few goonies! i want to see them screw up!
    Got any pics of that?? Where's all that tubing going to go? Also, won't you need to build the bottom of the motor up to take all that boost? With Maggies/Prochargers cheaper than that, it'll be a hard sell I would think.

benelliwang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV, C5TT, STi, 70Camaro

I don't know if the "challanged" guy in ls1tech can pull it off or not. But I am planning on making a custom rear or front mount turbo kit for the caddie.

Rear turbo kit will work if you know what you are doing. We finished my Corvette Twin Turbo kit two months ago and it was a rear mount. It was a very successful build, it dynoed 580rwhp on the mustang dyno on low boost setting. And we used stock OEM buick turbos that are twenty years old and $150 total. I was gonna buy better turbos but I stock ones work so well that I decided to keep them for awhile longer. I've been daily driving the car till the clutch gave out at the track. Putting in a twin disk clutch right now.

Unfortunately, we need to finish a twin turbo camaro, a nitrous camaro, and a 66 corvette before touching the CTS-v.

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

Ive been lookin for a thread just like this for sooo long. But for $8500 Id rather do it my self, save the couple bucks, and have the satisfaction of build the entire thing myself. Ive been asking around about bottom end build up (how much boost it can hold stock). The average number Ive been told is around 10 lbs. which is pretty damn good if you still want to drive the car daily.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Got any pics of that?? Where's all that tubing going to go? Also, won't you need to build the bottom of the motor up to take all that boost? With Maggies/Prochargers cheaper than that, it'll be a hard sell I would think.

he said that there aren't any pics yet and as soon as some show up he will send them to me!

as for price being up there... i haven't really looked into the prices on the maggies to know much different... are the maggies making that much power?

and also install time isn't as much as it would be for a maggie. tuding placement? i have NO IDEA! thats why i want to see pics too!!

Hope it's not wishware! Share some pics if/when you get em please

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Hope it's not wishware! Share some pics if/when you get em please
    If you are liking this route, I have been talking to a friend that owns a full bodyshop and a manufacturing plant in northern IN, where they make all kinds of prototypes for marine, rv and auto industry. He has cnc's, tube bending machines, every variety of welder, sh!t i don't even know what the name is, and he is very open to doing things. Added bonus is that we would have EPP in the backyard. He offered to make my headers for me, but I had to move my a$$ to FL and didn't have time.

My warranty is up next May and it will be that route or H/C. Once I get the fit for my car, it would be nothing to toss it in yours, Ted's or anyone else's.

Or my A.D.D. will the get best of me and this more likely will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    If you are liking this route, I have been talking to a friend that owns a full bodyshop and a manufacturing plant in northern IN, where they make all kinds of prototypes for marine, rv and auto industry. He has cnc's, tube bending machines, every variety of welder, sh!t i don't even know what the name is, and he is very open to doing things. Added bonus is that we would have EPP in the backyard. He offered to make my headers for me, but I had to move my a$$ to FL and didn't have time.

My warranty is up next May and it will be that route or H/C. Once I get the fit for my car, it would be nothing to toss it in yours, Ted's or anyone else's.

Or my A.D.D. will the get best of me and this more likely will never happen.
    Mo' Power is always a route I like! Lemme know if you talk to your guy and I'm sure you could get rid of a few kits if they work well! Then hop over to EPP and have Brent hook up the tune.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

The guys doing my Maggie install said a TT setup on the V would be $15k for a 1 off job and they are doing my install for $650 so they arent guys that just jack up prices. They have done several custom turbos and after looking at my car said it would be a nightmare.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

If you are serious about a TT kit, and have deep pockets, call Hahn:

http://www.turbosystem.com/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.