Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Katech Short Shifter

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  V for victory 
#1 ·
I just installed the Katech short shifter, Lindsay uerathane bushings, and the CAGS eliminator. The V finally shifts like a car, not a Mac truck. Also got my 1-2 shift back. I leased this car I hope I dont get hammered for the short shifter when I return it. I almost want to buy a proper flywheel but it seems like too much work and money for a glorified rental. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
+1 for UUC flywheel

#6 ·
wow what a PITA to install tho... not used to such involved short throw installs. definately worth the trouble, much more precise shifting

#9 ·
Does anyone know the Thread size for the Katech short shifter?? I ordered one and now i want to get a proper weighted shift knob..

#14 ·
Wow old thread.. Yes unless you have tiny ass hands you need to at least drop the exhaust. you may be able to work around the driveshaft.

#16 ·
I didn't need to drop either. It just makes the whole thing more time consuming. If you do drop the DS make sure you mark it with a marker and put it back the right way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.