Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by pveomett I really dont understand much about this thread, but it's an interesting read. But for turning ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post
    I really dont understand much about this thread, but it's an interesting read. But for turning the bolt 140* I would draw a line on the bolt and pulley. A 140* angle is a little more obtuse than ---> __/.

That might not have been very usefull to you, but I was just proud to comprehend what you guys where talking about. So I thought it was time for my .02...
    Cool
    Yeah, this is the best thing I can think of so far. Simple and effective

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Well the good news is that the gaskets are a GM part and available at a local dealer so I don't have to wait until tomorrow.

TONY - If your gaskets are two pieces with the 4 ports rings connected to eachother then you may have the wrong ones. The correct ones (for the manifold I got at least) are actually 8 individual O-rings.

Unhappy Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Well the good news is that the gaskets are a GM part and available at a local dealer so I don't have to wait until tomorrow.

TONY - If your gaskets are two pieces with the 4 ports rings connected to eachother then you may have the wrong ones. The correct ones (for the manifold I got at least) are actually 8 individual O-rings.
    Damn,,,,,,I don't know
    You just got me super confused now. Didn't take a good look at them.
    Just checked the online manual. I think mine are like those. Are your correct ones like that? And were the wrong ones much different.
    Can't check them till tonight, so I'd be stuck till Tuesday.

To me, this is a bigger competition than if we were side by side at a light

Tony - check your pm

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Need a gasket update, guys.

EDIT: You know, in honor of you guys, I'm suppose to go out and get Chinese takeout tonight. I think I'm gonna take the V and do a little WOT run. I'll let you know how it went. <thumbsupsmiliegoeshere>
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Update's not too good. Called Tom. He went out and bought stock gaskets, and they fit his Maggie.
    I just checked my gaskets. They are the ones in the pictures in the manual. They will NOT fit on my stock intake. Matched them up to the Maggie, and they fit.
    TOM--Maggie gaskets dont fit stock intake or Maggie, but stock gaskets fit both.
    TONY--Maggie gaskets fit Maggie, but not stock intake.
    Do I have the wrong f*n supercharger?!!!
    Does anybody remember what thier gaskets looked like? The maggie (mine) is on gasket on each side. The stock (Toms) is eight idividual gaskets.
    Waiting on a call back from Magnuson,,,,,,,and a lil pissed

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Mine was 8 indivdual "O' rings, interchangeable with either the maggie or stock manifold.

LS6 though.

Question Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Mine was 8 indivdual "O' rings, interchangeable with either the maggie or stock manifold.

LS6 though.
    Just talked to Jeff, he assured me I had the right gaskets.
    Whatever,,,,imma start in a little while. I'll know then.
    Mine is LS6 also

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Just talked to Jeff, he assured me I had the right gaskets.
    Whatever,,,,imma start in a little while. I'll know then.
    Mine is LS6 also

Like these:
    http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/produ...b70e3c9cabd0d0

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Yup, just like those.

UPDATE - I just downed some Aleve to help with the aches in my back and knees. Geez and I'm only 25 years old.

A buddy and I just put in 9 hours tonight and everything is done except re-installing the radiator, mounting the heat exchanger and intercooler pump (with related plumbing), and wiring the magnavolt to the fuse box. Somewhere around step 150.

I've already tucked away everything I could with zip ties (taking special care around the back of the supercharger and the back pulleys).

Crank Bolt - tried an impact wrench with no luck (I was worried at that point) and went to a breaker bar + pipe and it came right off.

STUPID wiring that hold the injector electrical plugs. It took a hell of a lot of finagling to get the maggie down and in positon. The looms holding those wires might as well have been made out of lead pipe.

I will start again tomorrow morning and should finish by early afternoon if all goes as well as it did today.

We're pretty much dead even. I'm lovin this so much, I don't feel any pain lol
    You'll probably be done by the time I start tomorrow, but I should be done that night.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Sorry, this is a bit late, but here are the maggie ports with gaskets in place.
    Attached Images
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Sorry, this is a bit late, but here are the maggie ports with gaskets in place.
    Nope. Mine are totally different, but she's on! Jeff said something about an old style.

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    UPDATE - I just downed some Aleve to help with the aches in my back and knees. Geez and I'm only 25 years old.
    I was 55 when I did mine - needed Wild Turkey to wash the Aleve down

Watch the wiring behind the s/c - but there are a lot of opportunities to tie wrap stuff to the rear of the engine compartment.

One other note - if you drive it like a grandmother, you won't see much change in gas mileage. If you drive it like it should, get used to single digit mileage numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ctsv View Post
    I was 55 when I did mine - needed Wild Turkey to wash the Aleve down

Watch the wiring behind the s/c - but there are a lot of opportunities to tie wrap stuff to the rear of the engine compartment.

One other note - if you drive it like a grandmother, you won't see much change in gas mileage. If you drive it like it should, get used to single digit mileage numbers.
    My MPG is already single digit........oh man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.