Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Aww man, I feel so left out because I'm so far behind. Oh well, full steam ahead at about 3:00 ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Aww man, I feel so left out because I'm so far behind.

Oh well, full steam ahead at about 3:00 pm tomorrow!!! Not stopping until that sucker's finished!

Ok, I'll probably stop to sleep and eat, but that's it.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I got a lot of ribbing about the red spinner so I had to make a new one.

Looks cleaner without the wrap around fuel hose too!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Aww man, I feel so left out because I'm so far behind.

Oh well, full steam ahead at about 3:00 pm tomorrow!!! Not stopping until that sucker's finished!

Ok, I'll probably stop to sleep and eat, but that's it.
    You gonna pee???

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    You gonna pee???
    Good call. I might have to fit that in too at some point.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... Wow, didn't think the Maggie went back that far. ...
    That's what I thought, too. Made it a little tricky to do by myself. Think I lifted it back up a couple of times 'cause I wasn't sure exactly where it should be fore and aft. Finally lined up the ports and found the bolt holes. Did you use silicone spray?

... Ok, I'll probably stop to sleep and eat, but that's it.
    This is the kind of job where beer should be left in the 'fridge, so peein' is an option and not so mandatory.

You gonna pee???
    It was in the mid-90s and humid when I did the install. Drank a lot of water and never needed to pee.

Love heavy's spinner.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

On my way home from work last night,,,er morning, I noticed gas was down to just over four bucks
    What did you guys do about tightening the crank pully bolt. Torque to 37#s then toun it 140 degrees. I hate when they do that. How the f*k do you measure 140 degrees when you have to keep taking off the wrench?!!!

I gotta confess, I couldn't figure out that stupid angle thing ... couldn't figure out how I could both work the breaker bar AND look at the angle. I just torqued it up by feel. Seems to me, Kmajecki (<--spelling) did exactly the same thing since I was emailing him, too, at the time.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Fuggit, I'll just mark the bolt an pully.

06RRCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Black CTS-V, 05 R1, 07 LTZ Avalanche

On my way to work this morning I thought to myself.... Wonder how the install is going... Sucks that I'm going to be in Dallas this weekend. Keep up the good progress. This threads going in the saved file for when its time for my install... Its really looking like its going to be sooner than later... Thx again...

Well, it look slike Magnuson screwed me again on a wrong part. When I got into work this morning, I checked the fitment of the port gaskets on the manifold, and they sent me the wrong f-n gaskets! I can't put round gaskets in a square f-n hole!

Well, as soon as they open I am calling Mitch and they are OVERNIGHTING me the correct freakin gaskets for a SATURDAY delivery.

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

On my way home from work last night,,,er morning, I noticed gas was down to just over four bucks
    What did you guys do about tightening the crank pully bolt. Torque to 37#s then toun it 140 degrees. I hate when they do that. How the f*k do you measure 140 degrees when you have to keep taking off the wrench?!!!
    I really dont understand much about this thread, but it's an interesting read. But for turning the bolt 140* I would draw a line on the bolt and pulley. A 140* angle is a little more obtuse than ---> __/.

That might not have been very usefull to you, but I was just proud to comprehend what you guys where talking about. So I thought it was time for my .02...

Torque Angle Meter. I picked one up for like $15.

Now figuring out how to use the darn thing is a different story.

Your the second one withthat problem. Now you got me worried, but I'm pretty sure my gaskets aren't round.
    lol for a second there, I thought I could keep my leed. But no, there's so many things you need to do, it won't hold you back. Hmmmm unless your mother in law visits, and makes you spend time with her lol

Torque Angle Meter. I picked one up for like $15.

Now figuring out how to use the darn thing is a different story.
    I got one too ... never been used.

Your the second one withthat problem. Now you got me worried, but I'm pretty sure my gaskets aren't round.
    lol for a second there, I thought I could keep my leed. But no, there's so many things you need to do, it won't hold you back. Hmmmm unless your mother in law visits, and makes you spend time with her lol
    I'm so pissed off right now and I can't even call Magnuson yet because they don't open for 2 more hours!

The gaskets I got are square on one end and then oval-ish on the other.

I thought you already put the maggie on top of the engine (step 117)? You should know by now if you gaskets were wrong.
    EDIT: I see now. I read your earlier post wrong. Check those gaskets!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.