Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by heavymetals ... Call in sick for the rest of the week and work on your car. Flat ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    ... Call in sick for the rest of the week and work on your car.

Flat black is what I used for my HEX. Less noticeable when viewing car from the front. Of course, that's assuming you wanna be a bit more stealthy. Onebadcad is right ... try to minimize getting paint on the actual heat exchanging surfaces.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Didn't have flat at work. Doubt it will really matter though.

Perfect!

Say, let us know when you get to Step #117. It's all down hill from there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Put just under four hours in, finishing at 1:15 am.
    I didn't finish the wiper motor. Otherwise I got up to step 83. Oh, and I didn't take the nose off yet. I'm pretty happy with my progress, and everything went well.
    Pulling a double at work today, so nothings getting done tonight. If they leave early Friday, I'm hoping to get 6-8 hour in. If I do that, I think I'm on pace to finish sat. night-Sun morning
    Two questions: The new pully bracket should have come with new bolts. I didn't find them and re-used the old ones....is that ok? Same thing with the coolant vent pipe (under the TB). Can I use the old bolts on that also?
    Oops, third question: The knock sensor wires. They don't fit all that well into the groove. I took off all the tape, but do I have to worry about them getting pinched by the Maggie?

I'm having a FRIGGIN BLAST . These mods don't mean doo doo if you just pay for them!
    The only thing that scared me, was when I tried starting the car, after downloading the new tune. No surprise, but it don't run .
    Off to work.....uh, regular work.

Tony

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Nice work Tony! Crank pulley drilling next!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Nice work Tony! Crank pulley drilling next!
    I actually started with the crank pully bolt. My Dewalt cordless impact gun didn't fit. I tried it with the breaker bar (forgot the 3 foot pipe at work) but it wouldn't budge.
    Worste part was that I have to clean up, and put everything away every night. Oh well, still having fun.

BTW in case you don't already know. When your unplugging the fuel injectors, push the metal clip in, and pull the plug up. That one cost me a few minutes. And when your using the little plastic tool on the fuel/evap lines, don't force it. Also I couldn't get the clips off that hold the wire harness to the fuel rails. Ended up breaking some of them.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I actually started with the crank pully bolt. My Dewalt cordless impact gun didn't fit. I tried it with the breaker bar (forgot the 3 foot pipe at work) but it wouldn't budge.
    Worste part was that I have to clean up, and put everything away every night. Oh well, still having fun.
    Ouch. I will have 2 different size air impact wrenches to work with and a short 24mm socket so I will (hopefully) have enough room.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Breaker bar and Aleve.

Put towels or a cushion around the bar or fender so you don't wipe out anything when it does finally budge!

Watch your knuckles!

06RRCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Black CTS-V, 05 R1, 07 LTZ Avalanche

I just read all 10 pages and you guys creating an itch in me to start the HP mods... Thx... Thx a lot... Good luck on the installs
    I can't wait to hear the results...

Quote Originally Posted by 06RRCTSV View Post
    I just read all 10 pages and you guys creating an itch in me to start the HP mods... Thx... Thx a lot... Good luck on the installs
    I can't wait to hear the results...
    Throw your computer out the window, and NEVER visit this page again.
    When I first bought my V, I didn't even thing I'd change the exhaust. I've had the car a year, and don't want to think about how much I spent on it already. These guys are bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ... Two questions: The new pully bracket should have come with new bolts. I didn't find them and re-used the old ones....is that ok? Same thing with the coolant vent pipe (under the TB). Can I use the old bolts on that also?
    Oops, third question: The knock sensor wires. They don't fit all that well into the groove. I took off all the tape, but do I have to worry about them getting pinched by the Maggie? ...
    I think I also used the original pulley bracket bolts ... should be okay with that and also the coolant vent pipe bolts, too ... don't recall those real well, though.

Knock sensor wires didn't want to lay in that groove on mine either. Did you dab a little silicone on them? Don't think a possibility of pinching is too great ... you should be good.

Oo-o-o-o! This is getting interesting!

Do you both have someone to help with Step #117?

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I think I also used the original pulley bracket bolts ... should be okay with that and also the coolant vent pipe bolts, too ... don't recall those real well, though.

Knock sensor wires didn't want to lay in that groove on mine either. Did you dab a little silicone on them? Don't think a possibility of pinching is too great ... you should be good.

Oo-o-o-o! This is getting interesting!

Do you both have someone to help with Step #117?
    Put the silicone on the wires, and 117 is covered.
    Wasn't really worried about the pully bracket. But with the vent tube, I didn't know if the bolts might get in the way later.
    Yes, it's very interesting . Hate that I'm at work right now.
    I made sure to bring my camera. Made sure that it was charged. Pull it out to snap some pics,,,,,,no memory card . So you have to settle for the cell phone pics.

Thought I took one just before I stopped. Oh well, it's not much different.

Use aluminum or copper tape to hold the knock sensor wires in the groove.

Some guys have had water collect and corrode the knock sensors cuz they didn't reseal them correctly.

I think it is because they power wash the motor, but whatever.

Take a real good look at your cam while you have the chance.

Wait till the first time you scare the crap out of yourself...

You would have a easier time if you hadn't put the washer assy and facia back on.

It is easier to lower the maggie down onto the motor then keying it in the rear and then trying to lower it straight down (don't ask).

Watch for the oil pressure sending unit at the top rear of the motor.

By they way, I had an interferance problem with mine when I installed it at the oil pressure sending unit.

No sh*t, I remember telling my friend when we installing the thing that I hoped I never had to get at that sensor.

Needless to say, it failed and the dealer said the maggie had to come off to get at it!

Removing the facia and wiper unit was the ticket.

I still had to dremel off a part of the maggie that was contacting the sensor and making it impossible to get a tool on to remove the sucker.

MOD HELL!

checked the cam, and it looked,,,,smooth? Is that what I was looking for?
    I can double check the knock sensor plugs.
    Wow, didn't think the Maggie went back that far. No biggie, cuz I didnt get to the wiper motor yet. Forgot my 7mm socket. That's first on my list Friday.
    Oil pressure unit is right behind the valley cover, right?
    This is why I started this thread.
    Thanks Guys

Tony

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.