Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Kudos to you for using search! There is a lot of excellant information in the old threads and posts....
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Kudos to you for using search!

There is a lot of excellant information in the old threads and posts.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Tony - if you have time tomorrow, here are the things that I would recommend doing first if you still need to drive the car for the next couple of days:

1. Remove wiper arm assembly, cut passenger side piece, install spacer washer.
    2. Cut throttle body piece (this is very easy to do while still on the car)
    3. Run the 12 gauge magnavolt wire that runs from the trunk to the engine bay.

I finished these steps and also spent time tonight labeling all the connections that I will be pulling apart. I'm known for taking things apart then not remembering what they were and how they go back together.

I should be starting the rest of the install at about 3:00pm on Friday. I fortunately don't have to be anywhere until Tuesday morning, so I may just keep going Friday night until I finish. We'll see.
    Good idea on the labling, I'm like that myself. I can get by without the car for as long as I need. It's just that, I'm not able to work on it until late at night. If this guy keeps working late, I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    You will almost get done on sunday evening and realize everything is closed when you need that clamp or crimp or fuse to finish....

Welcome to MOD HELL.
    LOL I'm pushing for Sunday morning. But if it doesn't look like it's gonna happen, then I'll slow down. I'm sure it'll be done by Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Twitch,
    We don't live too far apart so if you need a hand let me know. I'm out here on Long Island about two miles from Mustang Magic and I don't mind coming to your place. Shoot me a PM and let me know. Mine shipped today so I'm hoping I get it by maybe next Mon or Tues or if I'm lucky maybe Sat.

I've heard so many bad things about Vette Doctors that I drove pass them and went to TT Performance in Jersey to get my tune and I couldn't be happier.
    Thanks for the offer, but with my hours, it'll be tough.
    I really f*d up with the Vette dr. thing. It really bothers me cuz I knew I should have just went to TT Perfomance. As long as it worked out in the end.

Hey, do you guys see any problem with doing the whole Maggie first, and then starting on the intercooler? Just thinking I want to get the big stuff out the way, in case the car needs to be moved.
    Thanks

Tony

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

If time becomes a concern, you could always do what ronr did. He worked on it till, like, 2 or 3 am then got up early and finished it over one weekend.

BTW, labeling will become vital if you expect to have any hope of staying out of Mod Hell.

So, who's taking the nose off ... neither, both, one?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I'll probably take the nose off. But not until the weekend. Save that part for last.

Just checked my tracking,,,"out for delivery". Imma harass mu UPS driver lol

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    So, who's taking the nose off ... neither, both, one?
    I am definitely taking the nose off if that's going to make everything else easier. It's not like it's difficult to remove, right?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Difficult? Not suppose to be. Never done it, here.

If you do, be careful mounting the HEX without the nose on. I did mine with the nose on the whole time (that would've certainly tipped off the wife ), and it sure helped insofar as knowing how much room I had. You've gotta have the HEX pretty much smack against the radiator assuming you have some weatherstripping separating them just a bit as I did. One advantage to having the nose removed will be in replacing the shrouding around the radiator; mine got replaced kinda half-assed especially on the passenger side ... just couldn't get my hands/fingers in there to reinstall the little fasteners that pop in some holes.

EDIT: Say, is anyone painting the HEX not including the finned area?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Got it!!!!

So def paint the HEX, right?
    I'll do it here at work.

Looks like I got the carbon fiber shaft. Is that how they are now?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Looks like I got the carbon fiber shaft. Is that how they are now?
    Mine is carbon fiber too.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

They all are, now.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

That thing sure is purdy

Well I picked up a Gatorback # 4061037 belt today and I see why everyone recommends using these. It looks and feels like it will grip way better than the Gates belt (now my back-up belt) that gets sent with the maggie.

I'm itching to get this started!!!! I ran out of projects to do before the real surgery starts and now I don't know what to do with myself.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

This is America and your in MOD HELL.

Call in sick for the rest of the week and work on your car.

At least when you get started, you can go untill you finish. I have to do a bit here, a bit there.
    Where'd you get the belt from?
    Funny how this thread is going on ten pages, and its mostly from four people lol

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    This is America and your in MOD HELL.

Call in sick for the rest of the week and work on your car.
    I'd love to, but I run a payroll company that can't operate without me (fortunately or unfortunately). And when people don't get paid, they get pissed! The upside is that we close at noon every Friday so I am jumping into the install right after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    At least when you get started, you can go untill you finish. I have to do a bit here, a bit there.
    Where'd you get the belt from?
    Funny how this thread is going on ten pages, and its mostly from four people lol
    I got the belt from a local auto parts warehouse. No one else around (including the Goodyear dealer) had any. I was going to order one from Summit Racing, but they wanted $10 bucks for shipping a $25 belt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.