Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSV_510 New Questions Time : The superchips tuner says that it's very important that your currently have ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    New Questions Time:

The superchips tuner says that it's very important that your currently have the STOCK computer program in it before you use the handheld. I don't care about losing my old tune since I won't need it, but will this handheld not work unless I get the STOCK program flashed back by the dealer?
    Good one. If it was me, I would plug it in an see what it says. You'll know if it'll do it or not, in a few minutes.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I believe as long as the vin id is enabled, the superchips tune should be installed with no problem.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Good one. If it was me, I would plug it in an see what it says. You'll know if it'll do it or not, in a few minutes.
    Yeah, I'm going to plug it in tonight to see if the self-check finds the VIN. I was just wondering why they are so adamant about making sure you have the stock program in there before you use the tuner, like it's going to screw something up if you don't.

I don't know much about these PCMs and programs and such. I have to go back to the dealer on Wed or Thursday anyway for my center console armest, so if the handheld doesn't work for me tonight, I'll just have them reflash the stock calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    I believe as long as the vin id is enabled, the superchips tune should be installed with no problem.
    That would be ideal. I'd like to keep my current "headers" tune in case I ever have to remove the maggie but keep the headers on.

Update - I plugged in the Superchips tuner and successfully verified the correct VIN and was able to program the PCM with the magnuson tune and then back to stock with no problems.

Now I can't get the passenger side wiper arm off the bolt. Driver side came off no problem, but the passenger one is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Update - I plugged in the Superchips tuner and successfully verified the correct VIN and was able to program the PCM with the magnuson tune and then back to stock with no problems.

Now I can't get the passenger side wiper arm off the bolt. Driver side came off no problem, but the passenger one is stuck.
    Just added liquid wrench to my list

You might have to pry (gently) underneath the arm and the housing to get it loose as the spring forces it tight.

Put the nut back on and leave about 1/8" clearance so when it does "pop off" it doesn't go flying , scratch the hood, ............

Welcome to MOD HELL.

Welcome to MOD HELL.
    This is not MOD HELL. If one of us should do a "Another maggie dead in 7 days" thread..........

Im not worried.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ... Im not worried.
    Duck soup, Tony.

You've done a bunch of projects on par with this ... you'll have no problems.

Duck soup.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

You might have to pry (gently) underneath the arm and the housing to get it loose as the spring forces it tight.

Put the nut back on and leave about 1/8" clearance so when it does "pop off" it doesn't go flying , scratch the hood, ............

Welcome to MOD HELL.
    Well this qualifies as my first in mod hell. I did have to compress the spring to get the driver side arm off, but the passenger side would NOT come off no matter what I did. In case anyone is wondering, it's possible to remove the wiper arm assembly and make the necessary modifications without removing the passenger side wiper arm.

Even after I got the whole thing off the car, I still couldn't get the wiper arm off! I don't know what's up with it, but it doesn't matter anymore since I got the cutting done and got the spacer in. The worst part was getting to the retaining bolt right next to that arm, since I couldn't get the plastic cover off.

I'm glad I did this part ahead of time because it took me much longer than it should have. I cut the TB while I was at it and tonight I will run the magnavolt wire under the car to the trunk to get that out of the way.

Tony - I picked up 3 ft of spare hose for purging the intercooler system of air since there isn't an extra one with the kit. It's 3/4" heater hose and costs like $1 per foot at Pep Boys. I also picked up a couple extra fuel pump fuses while I was there ... just in case ...

Just wanted to bitch about my lousy math while I wait.
    I thought I had 20 hours to work on the car from now till Sunday morning. I was planning to work 9 to 12 weeknights. Somehow I thought that was 4 hours a night . I already lost Thursday night cuz I'm working real late. Don't mind that, since i have to pay for the Maggie, right?
    To make up for some lost time, I was going to take a few things off the V tonight. Wrong! Some butt-head is working late. I'll try again at ten, but this doesn't look good
    So, at best, it looks like I have 14 hours by Sat night. If I get that, and I don't have too many problems, I should finish it Sunday morning. No big rush, cuz I have all day Monday. But I WANT it done Sunday!
    k,,,I'm off to see if my lots empty.

Update: Just got back, and today was a waste, no work done.
    On a positive note, my Maggie was scanned in NJ this morning. I'll have it tomorrow. One way or another, I WILL get some work done then.
    Gnight

Tony - if you have time tomorrow, here are the things that I would recommend doing first if you still need to drive the car for the next couple of days:

1. Remove wiper arm assembly, cut passenger side piece, install spacer washer.
    2. Cut throttle body piece (this is very easy to do while still on the car)
    3. Run the 12 gauge magnavolt wire that runs from the trunk to the engine bay.

I finished these steps and also spent time tonight labeling all the connections that I will be pulling apart. I'm known for taking things apart then not remembering what they were and how they go back together.

I should be starting the rest of the install at about 3:00pm on Friday. I fortunately don't have to be anywhere until Tuesday morning, so I may just keep going Friday night until I finish. We'll see.

You will almost get done on sunday evening and realize everything is closed when you need that clamp or crimp or fuse to finish....

Welcome to MOD HELL.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Twitch,
    We don't live too far apart so if you need a hand let me know. I'm out here on Long Island about two miles from Mustang Magic and I don't mind coming to your place. Shoot me a PM and let me know. Mine shipped today so I'm hoping I get it by maybe next Mon or Tues or if I'm lucky maybe Sat.

I've heard so many bad things about Vette Doctors that I drove pass them and went to TT Performance in Jersey to get my tune and I couldn't be happier.

You will almost get done on sunday evening and realize everything is closed when you need that clamp or crimp or fuse to finish....

Welcome to MOD HELL.
    Yeah, after reading your old posts about your install, I won't let a blown fuse on the initial fuel system pressurizing get me. I picked up two extra fuel pump fuses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.