Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSV_510 Can you explain why that's a better orientation for the heat exchanger? Why wouldn't you want ...
    rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Can you explain why that's a better orientation for the heat exchanger? Why wouldn't you want the coolant going right from the hex to the intercooler instead of passing through the hex after running through the intercooler?
    A heat exchanger is designed to transfer heat energy and the amount of heat it transfers is a function, among other things, of the temperature differential between, in this case, the hot coolant exiting the intercooler and the cooler ambient air. I rationlized that I wanted to take the most advantage of the HEX's ability to do this since that's what it's designed to do while the temperature difference was greatest, and that's when it first exits the intercooler (i.e. when the coolant is at its hottest). Then, when the maximum amount of heat is extracted, it can further cool to a small extent in the reservoir which is not designed to provide cooling but is simply what it is, a reservoir, before passing through the pump again and reintroduced into the intercooler.

This is as opposed to the reverse where the coolant would be slightly cooler exiting the reservoir before going into the HEX thereby lessening the amount of heat transferred through it.

Thus, in my configuration, the heat transferred in the HEX is certainly more, and the heat transferred to the surroundings in reservoir is probably less. However, my thinking is that the net effect is that this arrangement is better. How much? Some ... maybe not a lot, but some. Is it worth it? Maybe, maybe not ... depends. The point is, it would have bugged the heck out of me had I not done it according to my instincts/understanding of heat transfer.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

We're way ahead, but I thought I'd give you a heads up on the TB nipple.

You'll have to bend it up slightly since it hits the maggie as shown here. I used a nut driver of the appropriate size and tweaked it.
    Attached Images
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

qqik4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Tony Be careful as to make sure that your hood does not touch the top of the throttle (may need to shave off the top a bit). As my 05 maggie on a 06 LS2 sits a bit higher and is almost ready to break through the hood. Finally determined that the way we had to fab to fit the 06 made it to sit a bit higher. Oh well - Just about ready to get a cowl hood (Darn if I must). First I thought and also Bill @ Lindsay that it was my MM not holding the maggie in place strong enough, but after the install of MM the engine did not torgue as much but still hits the hood.

Just take your time and always helps to have another technical hand to work with you.

Good luck - Another maggied V at the VII day -

BTW - How many maggied V showing up at the VII dayn - I wonder??

Mick

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Originally Posted by heavymetals
    The wrap around fuel inlet has got to go.
    Agreed. Are you still working on anything?

Yep, since I already have mine I have been emailing a forum member who is a machinest about modifing or making a few more for the newer maggie crowd.

What it may come down to is:
    the cheapest way to get it done is to ship the replacement and then have the original returned for modification.
    Just a question of either capping off the original hole or screwing in a pressure transducer for fuel pressure monitoring.....

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post

You can bypass the Magnavolt if it fails so you don't get stuck.
    Good, I guess you disconect the magnavolt from the trunk, and reconect the stock grey wires?
    Wire cutters and some black tape sounds much better than a flat bed.

Seriously consider replacing the valve springs as one of your next mods. IMHO
    Something to do with the supercharger, or just good to do on an LS6?

... the cheapest way to get it done is to ship the replacement and then have the original returned for modification. ...
    As winter approaches, I am more likely to be able to do this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Don't you fools know N/A is the way to go?

hahaha, seriously, have fun guys. I'm just waiting for V2 to have a soopercharged V...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

and what's with the ,,, deal? The period key is one to the right...

smackdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Good, I guess you disconect the magnavolt from the trunk, and reconect the stock grey wires?
    Wire cutters and some black tape sounds much better than a flat bed.
    Easier than that even. Fab up a wire to short the two new wires that you run from the trunk up to the magnavolt connector. If it fails, just pop the connector off of the magnavolt and plug in your jumper wire across the appropriate connections.

Keep the jumper wire, a spare belt, and long wrench for the tensioner in the trunk just in case....

Toss in a photocopy of the belt routing as well if you are paranoid...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Don't you fools know N/A is the way to go?

hahaha, seriously, have fun guys. I'm just waiting for V2 to have a soopercharged V...
    Could there BE a worse time for you to bring that up?!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    and what's with the ,,, deal? The period key is one to the right...
    Uh,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
    Easier than that even. Fab up a wire to short the two new wires that you run from the trunk up to the magnavolt connector. If it fails, just pop the connector off of the magnavolt and plug in your jumper wire across the appropriate connections.

Keep the jumper wire, a spare belt, and long wrench for the tensioner in the trunk just in case....

Toss in a photocopy of the belt routing as well if you are paranoid...
    lol I was thinking of a toggle switch. But that's like waiting for it to happen (like the wire cutters are any better ).
    The breaker bar is always in the car anyway. Just have to put a 15mm next to the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
    ... Keep ... a spare belt, and long wrench for the tensioner in the trunk just in case. ...
    Ever since I heard heavy suggest this, I do it, too.

I'm sure you've already realized, but you could get started even before your maggie arrives by doing the mod involving the wiper system.

Another random thought, here ... if you don't have someone to help you lift the maggie onto the motor (like me), I rigged up a "hoist" of sorts and lowered it on myself. Looked like some kind of a redneck sex harness, but it got it done.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'm sure you've already realized, but you could get started even before your maggie arrives by doing the mod involving the wiper system.
    I could do this step early if can be easily cut with a standard hacksaw. I was waiting for next weekend when I'll have a grinder available, but if I can get this done ahead of time, it'd be a plus.

So has anyone successfully cut the wiper arm with a hacksaw?

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Hey Twich

Thanks a lot man, all this maggie talk made me whip out my master card which was still smoking from my recent trip to Europe and order one. The maggie coming to me and you'll be getting the bill By the way I was told that only a few maggies are left and when they are sold thats going to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    ... By the way I was told that only a few maggies are left and when they are sold thats going to be it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.