Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 27
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SlvrVee Could be the pulley but I'm not sure, got to measure it and see but I ...
    onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Could be the pulley but I'm not sure, got to measure it and see but I think it's 2.8 because during the dyno session Matt hooked up a boost gauge and I was getting 5-6 lbs and peaking at 7 lbs. Yeah I got 91 HP after the tune but from what I have been reading the average is about that (90 hp) without a tune and maybe 120 - 130ish with a tune. So far I'm happy but a little more HP would make me even happier. Will touch bases later with Magnuson and see if I may have missed something during the install and also to double check on the pulley size.
    At peak of 7psi, you should be seeing more than 91RWHP gain. I would not start looking at the SC for the problem, it lies elsewhere.

Blown,
    What is the max output, not the Magnuson recommended, or the 'to be safe', of the 112 unit? A few owners on here have claimed 9psi with the 2.6", but I have never achieved more than 7psi with the 2.6"---went back to the 2.8" due to slippage.

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Part of the fun is the installation.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

I have the least amount of patience of anyone you will ever meet. The instillation would not resemble fun, especially when the 1st problem arises. Im not sure how far a Maggie will fly but if I was doing the instillation I would probably find out.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    I have the least amount of patience of anyone you will ever meet. The instillation would not resemble fun, especially when the 1st problem arises. Im not sure how far a Maggie will fly but if I was doing the instillation I would probably find out.
    It gets more and more fun every time you pull it off and put it back on too.

Honestly, if you don't have patience then it's not for you, but it is a great opportunity to learn about your car.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    The size is stamped right into the pulley; no need to measure it.
    You made me go out to my lot, pull off the cover, n check the pulley. YUP, 2.80.
    What's that guys name? Barry Mcgwire? Smarter than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Tony - did you ever see this graph?

http://www.stealthv.com/images/custo...wayComparo.jpg

I'm getting excited
    Just looked at it. 90hp gain is 30 short of what they say. I wasn't expecting more than 100, so I would take 90. I'll get her dyno'd soon.
    I wanna see what you get before/after tune.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    Part of the fun is the installation.
    Actually it's "insatllation is half the fun".
    But you do have a point though. I think I over tightened a cooland hose, or crosses some wires. That surely would have messed up my bearings, before the engine even turned over.

Has anyone done a 1:1 setup on the rear pulleys?

Guy with a GTO and Maggie went that route with a 3" on the front and is running 10lbs with LTs. He dynos at 514/481.

Hadnt seen that discussed here at all.

Has anyone done a 1:1 setup on the rear pulleys?

Guy with a GTO and Maggie went that route with a 3" on the front and is running 10lbs with LTs. He dynos at 514/481.

Hadnt seen that discussed here at all.
    10lbs boost on a stock motor might = KA-BOOM
    I was looking at a 2.75" pulley on ebay today. Guess you might be able to get away with it w/out tune. But I don't know if it'll fit the shaft. Just window shopping though.

He has a hell of a tune and doesnt seem concerned about it at all, actually trying to talk me into it, but Im all good as is. It was just the 1st I had heard of it myself.

He has a hell of a tune and doesnt seem concerned about it at all, actually trying to talk me into it, but Im all good as is. It was just the 1st I had heard of it myself.
    Once you get "used" to the power, you'll be checking in on him. See how his motor's holding up

Sooooo... when you getting the headers twitch

Now why'd ya have to go an do that?

You know he's thinking about them.

I wouldn't be without mine.

Um,,,,,,,,,,,

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

As soon as he sees my dyno results....

I'll be at Mustang magic on Sat. They're a little busy, but I think they can squeeze me in for a couple pulls.
    Is it worth an extra $75 for A/F reading? Not to be cheap, but I know it's rich and its been an expensive month.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.